Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2009, 04:06 PM

11 posts, read 46,295 times

Advertisements

My family and I have been looking to move down there in the next 2 years but other then the key's (Very Expensive) There really does not seem to be a solid job market (IT) or a safe place to live.

Am I looking to much into the negative posts or is this the way it really is?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2009, 04:57 PM

4,423 posts, read 7,407,101 times
Nope, nowhere to move to. We're a vast swampland, overrun with alligators and snakes, so you best not come down here. lol

Old 11-08-2009, 05:08 PM

3,636 posts, read 9,813,189 times
There are good places, BUT the job market is really crappy.....

Old 11-09-2009, 05:35 AM

924 posts, read 2,615,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabb0 View Post
My family and I have been looking to move down there in the next 2 years but other then the key's (Very Expensive) There really does not seem to be a solid job market (IT) or a safe place to live.

Am I looking to much into the negative posts or is this the way it really is?
"IT" really encompasses a lot of jobs some of which are in demand and some aren't...

If you are a developer, or really have any kind of specialized skillset relating to programming or system administration you should have no problem finding a job anywhere where there is a base...

I am a coldfusion developer and sent one resume down here just joking around... A few months later and I was down here in Jacksonville...

There are a lot of negative posts on this board but its like that for every state... People endlessly whine about not being able to find a job here, where in reality its mostly their fault for picking a field thats not in demand, or not really having any skills at all...

I personally will advocate for Jacksonville until the end of time, I absolutely love it here...

Old 11-09-2009, 05:51 AM

3,528 posts, read 8,317,874 times
i second jacksonville! it's a fun place.

what kinda lifetsyle are looking for?

Old 11-09-2009, 08:12 AM

13,257 posts, read 23,018,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tercel95 View Post
"IT" really encompasses a lot of jobs some of which are in demand and some aren't...

If you are a developer, or really have any kind of specialized skillset relating to programming or system administration you should have no problem finding a job anywhere where there is a base...
IT here really does seem to be specialized skill/niche market. If you're a generalist, we've got plenty of those, but if you're mid-carrer and know something about simulator development or have a security clearance and can design missle guidance software or are a whiz with banking software development...

Pretty much pick a city, see who the big companies and industries in the area are, and work from there to see if it looks like you'll find a match.

Old 11-09-2009, 09:54 PM

10 posts, read 17,326 times
my Family hails from Florida and it,s getting worse everyday. I cannot stand to go to the county I was born in because of the rat race that started in the 70,s. my home is ruined, there a few green spaces. it's starting more and more to look like a bad Disney world. good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
View detailed profiles of: