Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 09:11 PM

121 posts, read 786,300 times

Advertisements

I have a website where I have posted some of my photos of 2 mystical landscapes, the first is Watkins Glen, New York and the second is the nearby unbelievable Black Rock Beach on Talbot Island a state preserve, just south of Amelia Island and Fernandina Beach The link is:

http://ImageEvent.com/daedaloma/phot...yinwatkinsglen

Enjoy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2006, 11:44 PM

41 posts, read 245,204 times
daedalo - Beautiful photos!
I've been to Watkins Glen now I just have to get to Talbot Island!

Old 08-02-2006, 12:23 AM

421 posts, read 469,437 times
Default Beaches

We are just 10 mins from the beach. And just 2 mins from a beautiful river. We love the beach and go at least 4 times a week. I am in Port Saint Lucie. Being from Jersey, we had to pay to park, pay to go on the beach, this is Heaven. The only bad thing here are the no see ums that really give painful bites..and ppl that let thier dogs loose to run around and leave thier waste products to step in.

Old 08-07-2006, 09:22 AM

566 posts, read 2,059,721 times
I went to the entrance of Key Biscayne very early Friday morning w/my dog cause it's the only beach around here where I can take her. One can park the car right on the sand, too - unlike other beaches around here.
Though, I don't know what's happened, there is so much trash there all the time, it wasn't this way yrs. ago . Now, I literally have to take a garden rake to clean around my immediate area - amazingly I didn't see doggie waste , it was all human trash like glass bottles & caps, paper, cans, bags, empty plastic bottles, old beach sandles, empty lotion bottles, & even unmentionables. People look at me like I'm nuts when I start cleaning but I can't sit on this filth & to think there are big green trash cans everywhere & people don't use 'em . I sacrifice going there, cause my girl has those summer itchy allergies & I find the sun & iodine from the water help. Anyway, if one doesn't have a dog, don't go there. I'm even thinking not ever going again. Next time I go to a regular clean beach, I'll take an empty plastic jug & fill it w/water and rinse her at home.

Old 05-03-2007, 04:15 AM

217 posts, read 845,489 times
One of the things that's most appealing about FL for me is the beaches. I'm most enchanted (seriously I see pictures of this kind of water and go ooooh) by the areas with the more blue water (while I don't mind swimming in the ocean when it's brown--did so in SC, the blue is more appealing) and soft white sand is nice too. I thought I'd bring back this thread and see if anyone has anything new to add about the beaches. What's your favorite spot? Why? What beaches do you like less than others?

Old 05-03-2007, 06:37 AM

460 posts, read 2,345,240 times
I have only been to daytona beach and I do love it there, but I cant wait to visit all the other beaches down there once we move.

What beach in Florida would everyone say is their FAVORITE??

Old 05-03-2007, 06:50 AM

217 posts, read 845,489 times
I was reading this site which says if you walked a mile of beach a day it'd take you over 2 1/2 yrs to walk all the beaches in FL. They give a map with all of the beaches to.

http://www.visitflorida.com/cms/d/beach_map.php

Old 05-03-2007, 07:00 AM

432 posts, read 1,879,705 times
I like navarre beach. You have to cross the causeway to get to it, so it is a bit off the traffic path. It is a free and easily accessible public beach. Snow white sands, dunes, emerald water. And like someone said, being from NJ where you have to drive the traffic, pay to park, pay to go to the beach, it is just so relaxing and beautiful.

Old 05-06-2007, 08:01 PM

7 posts, read 35,220 times
I guess gators depend on the area of florida. In the western panhandle and Alabama in 25 years we have only ever seen one gator about 20 years ago and wouldn't you know it that one of the places we swam was called alligator lake. So I don't think that there are hardly any gators in the panhandle.
As far as beaches, we call the western panhandle heaven on earth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida