Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2015, 08:33 AM

1,798 posts, read 3,021,537 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artisan4 View Post
Still searching for a progressive area in Florida. Any input on this? I believe someone mentioned Gulfport in the St Petersburg area but unsure. Thanks.
Some areas in Florida might have more democratic voters than others, but nowhere in Florida is progressive. Part of a progressive place is a health conscious lifestyle, and policies that support that. Allowing smoking in bars doesn't equate with that. Sure you can party all night at Miami clubs, get drunk and breath cigarettes, but that's not progressive. That's just "hard living". Just don't get caught with marijuana there, as it's still a criminalized drug. I quit watching Cops because it was always some hick arresting a kid in Florida for a joint. They still don't have medical marijuana there, let alone recreational. Even in "right wing" Phoenix, AZ you can get a medical card and go to your local dispensary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2015, 08:36 AM

734 posts, read 920,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Horizons View Post
Some areas in Florida might have more democratic voters than others, but nowhere in Florida is progressive. Part of a progressive place is a health conscious lifestyle, and policies that support that. Allowing smoking in bars doesn't equate with that. Sure you can party all night at Miami clubs, get drunk and breath cigarettes, but that's not progressive. That's just "hard living". Just don't get caught with marijuana there, as it's still a criminalized drug. I quit watching Cops because it was always some hick arresting a kid in Florida for a joint. They still don't have medical marijuana there, let alone recreational. Even in "right wing" Phoenix, AZ you can get a medical card and go to your local dispensary.
Pipe down (pun intended). FL was only two percentage points away from overturning the state law banning medical marijuana in the last midterm election. It's coming, sooner or later.

Old 02-08-2015, 08:37 AM

8,963 posts, read 8,919,924 times
St Pete... meh.......

Other than downtown, not that impressed, kind of ............. not too attractive.

Old 02-08-2015, 08:39 AM

1,798 posts, read 3,021,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AES328 View Post
Pipe down (pun intended). FL was only two percentage points away from overturning the state law banning medical marijuana in the last midterm election. It's coming, sooner or later.
True, good point.

Old 02-08-2015, 11:01 AM

172 posts, read 239,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
Yea, I mean, who on Earth would want to thank the military or the police force for keeping us safe?
Because that sentiment is usually just a BS pretext for an authority fetishizing dbag personality type that is just gross and low rent. For example:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
Agreed, love Judd.

"Why did your officers had to shoot the suspect (a cop killer) 68 times?" Judd responds with "because they ran out of bullets."

Old 02-08-2015, 11:06 AM

734 posts, read 920,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StAugustine View Post
Because that sentiment is usually just a BS pretext for an authority fetishizing dbag personality type that is just gross and low rent. For example:
I'm glad there are other people who can see that.

Ironically, these are typically the same low rent dimwits who are hardcore conservative, anti-gov, yet they're all for the military industrial complex running at full steam. They're usually pro life, too; yet another hilarious irony. "We hate government interfering with our lives, but we're all for the government telling women what to do with their bodies."

But I digress. Don't kill me, Floriduh. Salt Life. Rollin' Coal. 'Murica. etc..

Old 02-08-2015, 12:18 PM

2,752 posts, read 2,585,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Horizons View Post
Would all the places in Florida that encourage and support pot smoking cop and baby killers so new horizons can find a friend please raise your hands. Please direct him/her to a healthy bar that doesn't allow smoking so he/she can get their drink on. I'm sure its just a smoothie with a touch of alcohol in it. most likely organic.

Old 02-08-2015, 12:30 PM

17,534 posts, read 39,131,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrviking View Post
Would all the places in Florida that encourage and support pot smoking cop and baby killers so new horizons can find a friend please raise your hands. Please direct him/her to a healthy bar that doesn't allow smoking so he/she can get their drink on. I'm sure its just a smoothie with a touch of alcohol in it. most likely organic.
LOL - +1

Old 02-08-2015, 12:44 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,919,924 times
ur in the wrong county in FL, staugustine.
maybe you'd feel more comfy in Southeast FL? dont forget to vote blue!
low rent? my rent is $1400

Last edited by StreetSmarts; 02-08-2015 at 12:54 PM..

Old 02-08-2015, 12:51 PM

24,120 posts, read 32,475,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StAugustine View Post

So well said, but I couldn't rep you again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida