Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2014, 06:11 PM

1,512 posts, read 2,366,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days-in-Florida View Post
Nothing.

If we would go threw the state and arrest and deport all the illegal criminal trespassers it would clean up the state a lot and free jobs etc for real Americans.

Huge majority of illegals here who need to be arrested and send home where they belong. Come back when you can get in line like everyone else and your number is called. Its the law and the way it works.
I don't think Florida's illegal immigrant problem is as prominent compared to Texas and California. It also seems like both of those states are doing better economically than Florida. Therefore, Florida's problem is beyond illegal immigration (though, it also contributes).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2014, 06:25 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,312,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHomunculus View Post
I don't think Florida's illegal immigrant problem is as prominent compared to Texas and California. It also seems like both of those states are doing better economically than Florida. Therefore, Florida's problem is beyond illegal immigration (though, it also contributes).

I dont think it is the sole issue but I do not believe we need to split anything. I came from Ohio and can see a huge different in that much smaller state from central, SE, NE, NW etc. Could be split easily into 4 areas but why even do that?

No benefits come out of separation of any states at all. Some areas would get screwed while others would suck up all the funds etc.

Illegal immigration is just one issue that is hurting Florida big time and that is why I brought up. Many areas are suffering because of this and tax money is flowing into those area to support it and hurting other areas which is wrong.

It is just one piece of the puzzle that needs fixed.

Old 02-25-2014, 06:27 PM

3,595 posts, read 6,950,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days-in-Florida View Post
Nothing.

If we would go threw the state and arrest and deport all the illegal criminal trespassers it would clean up the state a lot and free jobs etc for real Americans.

Huge majority of illegals here who need to be arrested and send home where they belong. Come back when you can get in line like everyone else and your number is called. Its the law and the way it works.
i honesty wonder horse many Floridians have really lost a good job to an illegal.

Old 02-25-2014, 07:09 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,312,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlFlaUsa View Post
i honesty wonder horse many Floridians have really lost a good job to an illegal.
You will never know the real answer.

It is not just jobs that cost us all money when illegals are going to our hospitals to get free care, taking their children to our school and not being vaccinated properly etc. List goes on and on with this issue.

I would like to see some posts here on how and why would you ever want to split a state anyway.

Old 02-26-2014, 04:08 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,323,443 times
No rational reason i can think of that would justify splitting up the state. maybe the op can give some examples of the benefits of the split.

Old 02-26-2014, 07:34 AM

17,537 posts, read 39,147,881 times
I see no purpose in "splitting" the state. Works fine the way it is.

Old 02-26-2014, 07:49 AM

1,512 posts, read 2,366,063 times
The only reason why many people want to see Florida split in two is because the cultural differences between South and North Florida. But that's hardly a good reason. It's also hard to pin point where CFL and Westcoast FL get lumped in.

Old 02-26-2014, 08:51 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,323,443 times
i think for some if life aint going right in their particular part of the world the answer is to change everything like splitting up the state or the country, heres another effort at splitting up the country.
Cascadia (independence movement) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 02-26-2014, 09:00 AM

116 posts, read 169,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHomunculus View Post
Approximately 3% of Florida's population falls into the category of not being able to legally work in the USA, but they do work, pay taxes, and their overall activities impact the economy positively. The argument that immigration is dragging the nation down is pure nonsense, and is actually just the mask worn by racists to hide their racism.

You know, in the world of today, these racist morons cannot come out and say that they hate all different people without getting a severe beat down, so instead they dress it up in false concerns about the economy and law breaking. Picking on people that are in the USA, supposedly, illegally is an easy place to hide their hardcore racism in a false concern for law breaking, but just look at Arizona, the things that are geared to supposedly stop immigration violations quickly spreads to everybody who lacks white skin.

As a nation, we need to do everything possible to encourage widespread immigration to the USA from every corner of the globe.

Old 02-26-2014, 09:25 AM

14,955 posts, read 12,157,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The b8nk View Post
Well people (escpecially on this forum) live in this perfect world in their minds. I mean just look at these posts in the forum, if you try to tell someone that somewhere isnt a paradise they go nuts and say "how dare you say Im wrong my life is PERFECT!"

So it doesnt suprise me that while the country is crumbling from the inside out there are some that choose to cover their ears and go lalala. Lets face it, the real world sucks and some people just cant/refuse to cope with it.
It seems that for some folks, covering their ears and saying "LaLALa..." is the way they choose to cope with the world around them- it's denial, of course. The problem is, their outrage when those things they choose to ignore come up close and personal and bite them on their ample backsides.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida