Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2011, 06:54 PM

164 posts, read 374,619 times

Advertisements

I am in a position where I am about to begin my career, and have the ability to choose any area of Florida in which to begin said career. I hate traffic, overpopulation, and a large percentage of the population that speaks poor English or no English at all. I would like my future city to be an area where the apartments/homes are, in general, newly constructed.

As a single male in my mid-twenties, it is also important that the area I choose have an adequate pool of attractive, smart, fun, and educated women that I can date. I would like to find a steady girlfriend/future wife, with relative ease, in the area I choose.

I grew up in Northeast Miami-Dade County, and have nothing but disgust and disdain for the entirety of that county. I worry that Broward and Palm Beach are going to become mirror images of Dade county at some point in the near future. I am open to look at all areas of the state except the panhandle. Not sure why I am discriminating, but I am.

I think I am looking for a moderately sized city/metropolitan area that offers much of the amenities of South Florida, Tampa Bay, or Orlando, but that is less congested, not as fully developed, and offers a more mellow pace of life.

I appreciate all of your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2011, 10:55 PM

258 posts, read 614,977 times
No options in Florida....

Try Manhattan ( NY ) or L.A. the Melrose area, or Venice Beach, maybe SF ( Calif ).

San Diego, Mission Beach would be perfect.

Be prepared to spend $$$.

I heard the major cisites in NC has a lot of young people.

Old 11-28-2011, 04:42 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,323,443 times
Any moderately sized city/metropolitan area is going to have traffic.
Girls? thats going to depend on you not the city.
Charleston or Savannah might be worth a bit of research.

Old 11-28-2011, 06:45 AM

27,231 posts, read 43,956,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor88 View Post
I am in a position where I am about to begin my career, and have the ability to choose any area of Florida in which to begin said career. I hate traffic, overpopulation, and a large percentage of the population that speaks poor English or no English at all. I would like my future city to be an area where the apartments/homes are, in general, newly constructed.

As a single male in my mid-twenties, it is also important that the area I choose have an adequate pool of attractive, smart, fun, and educated women that I can date. I would like to find a steady girlfriend/future wife, with relative ease, in the area I choose.

I grew up in Northeast Miami-Dade County, and have nothing but disgust and disdain for the entirety of that county. I worry that Broward and Palm Beach are going to become mirror images of Dade county at some point in the near future. I am open to look at all areas of the state except the panhandle. Not sure why I am discriminating, but I am.

I think I am looking for a moderately sized city/metropolitan area that offers much of the amenities of South Florida, Tampa Bay, or Orlando, but that is less congested, not as fully developed, and offers a more mellow pace of life.

It sounds like Texas would be a great match for you.

Old 11-28-2011, 09:13 AM

17,537 posts, read 39,147,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor88 View Post

If you don't want any of the major cities here, then I can't think of anywhere in Florida that would meet your needs. There are places that offer some, but not all of what you are looking for. And what do you mean by "moderately sized area?" No one can guarantee any place that will lead to romance/marriage for anyone.

I think you need to loosen up your standards a bit - maybe you didn't mean it that way, but your post sounds a bit condescending.

Old 11-28-2011, 09:58 AM

2,042 posts, read 1,606,466 times
Gainesville maybe. It has most of the criteria.

Old 11-28-2011, 07:44 PM

529 posts, read 1,009,365 times
Or Tallahassee.

Old 11-28-2011, 09:31 PM

1,377 posts, read 4,214,024 times
Well, most of Florida is regarded as a stupid state, so I would get out all together. Most of the reasons you hate Miami are just as bad if not worse in Orlando, mi orgullo!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida