Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 07:13 AM

17 posts, read 61,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki75 View Post
ccandnc are you moving to Palm Coast too?
Yep...and we can't wait. Husband and I are starting to get nervous but we are excited too. The kids are keeping us excited for sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2007, 07:19 AM

7,136 posts, read 12,673,848 times
Jen, thank you for the update. I have been following your journey and was hoping you'd give us an update. I'm glad you found your little piece of paradise and i hope all of the rest of us will find ours as well. Best wishes!

Old 08-25-2007, 07:21 AM

"i was going to say, i bet you are catching a lot of grief about this move --- esp coming from tn. that's where many ppl down here are moving TO"

LOL. I know it. My parents live on the Gulf side of FL and my dad calls those who move from up north to FL back towards middle USA...."halfbacks." Hahahaha. Our friends just think we are crazy for just picking up and moving, although they should know me by now, I did the same thing a few years back when I moved to TN from ME with knowledge only from the internet. I didn't know about forums like this though back then. This has been really helpful this time and I have "met" some really interesting and helpful people. I am loving it. Our friends are also a little jealous. They may just follow us down after we get settled in.

Old 08-25-2007, 08:38 AM

2,227 posts, read 8,214,223 times
where's clarksville? is it eastern tn?

Old 08-25-2007, 08:41 AM

40 minutes west of Nashville.

Old 08-25-2007, 08:47 AM

2,227 posts, read 8,214,223 times
ohhhh... i was thinking it was eastern tn. that is where many floridians are moving to. west of nashville? i dont know if that's a new "hot spot" but certainly eastern tn is right now.

Old 08-25-2007, 11:12 AM

200 posts, read 683,934 times
West and NW of CHATT is also a new hot spot for TN from FL. We just arrived back from Cookeville TN area (GORGEOUS COUNTRY!!) - I, too, live in Palm Coast and must admit I loved those mtns up there, though! (I am a motorcycle enthusiast and love those CURVE'Y and HILLY ROADS up there! WHAT FUN!)

Old 08-25-2007, 11:29 AM

14 posts, read 63,427 times
How about moving to Palm Coast with small children & not retiring ... mid 40's so will have to find employment in Printing Business.
Thanks

Old 08-26-2007, 09:42 AM

144 posts, read 419,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccandnc View Post
Yep...and we can't wait. Husband and I are starting to get nervous but we are excited too. The kids are keeping us excited for sure.
You're in the exact same boat I am. Once I close on the sell of my house I will be moving down to Palm Coast along with my two sons ages 13.5 and 9. Then the S/O will be moving down with his son age 3y/o come late December early January.

We are back and forth where we want to move. I am wanting Palm Coast or Charlotte, NC. He wants Raleigh, Orlando or Jupiter. With him it's where he can find companies that pay well for his field. With me it's where I know people and can raise my children without the hustle and bustle of life as well as have the heat and beaches for myself.

If I had to call it, Palm Coast would be the easiest transition all the way around. It's near enough cities to commute to work and it's still small enough for an entire family to acclimate to without a huge shock. I am not jumping into the housing market right now though. Buyer's market or not it's still crazy and I have had a time trying to sell my house so I don't want to relive this any time soon should we want to or have to move again.

Old 08-26-2007, 10:42 AM

I hear you nikki75. When I bought my house, it was such an ordeal and now selling, it's just as in depth. Renting is def. easier, especially until I know the area. We are not looking to buy anytime soon. Keep in touch. Moderator cut: competitive website

Last edited by AustinTraveler; 08-28-2007 at 06:26 PM.. Reason: Please don't include links to other forums.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida