Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 09:00 PM

1 posts, read 3,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy263
I would like to move to Florida but I keep hearing that the rates have doubled.
Is this true for all areas?
PS How are the bugs up North around Tampa, Ocala, Port Richey areas?
I pay $120 for my mo. premium my lowest for years check URL Removed see different insurance companies price.

Last edited by Yac; 04-19-2006 at 02:39 AM..

Old 04-19-2006, 07:34 AM

57 posts, read 337,245 times
I'm with all of you. It's definetly TOO EXPENSIVE to live here in Florida anymore. I honestly dont know how people are going to continue to be able to afford to live here. I currently have my 4bd 3bath home on the market and I am terribly affraid that It wont sell anytime soon. My family and I are moving to Rock Hill South Carolina. (I was born in south carolina). I cant wait to get out of here. It is really sad that the state of Florida has become this way.

What worries me the most is the high increased cost of living and the salary stays the same.(mind you my husband and I have an income over $75,000 per year before taxes) however we are struggling, we dont live in a Mansion, we have one car payment, and not much credit card debt. Over half of our monthly income goes to Mortgage, Taxes, Insurance, Automobile Insurance and Health Insurance.

Old 04-25-2006, 04:03 AM

1 posts, read 3,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy263
I would like to move to Florida but I keep hearing that the rates have doubled.
Is this true for all areas?
PS How are the bugs up North around Tampa, Ocala, Port Richey areas?
Hi,
Check out online insurance where you can compare rates sids by side and it is easier that calling brokers or agents. The place I went to is insurancepaylite.com they were able to give a quote that was acceptable to me in the speediest time.

Old 04-26-2006, 09:24 PM

38 posts, read 306,066 times
Default Thanks To All

I have some thinking to do from all the posts. We live in BNYC and Florida is still better than here. Taxes are $10,000 a year. Homes are going for $400,000 to $500,000.

Even if you sell your home you can't afford a different one in the same area.
Crime is not as low as they make it out to be.

Thanks again to all

Old 05-07-2006, 04:04 PM

38 posts, read 306,066 times
Default Gainesville Rates

We were wondering how the insurance, property rates were around Gainesville and Ocala?

Are they cheaper than in the southern part of the state?

I'm assuming the bugs are the same?

Thanks to all

Old 06-06-2006, 12:24 PM

566 posts, read 2,059,486 times
I haven't read the posts on this. But I was born & raised in Miami & I'll give you a quick rundown. If you are considering moving to Florida and are worried about insurance rates - stay out of Miami & coastal areas. Personally, I own my home free & clear & what that means is that I have the choice of not paying these insurance thieves the $10,000 a yr they want for my home. Just 10 yrs ago they wanted $1600. If you have a mortgage you have no option but to pay this. Am I taking chances, you bet. I'd rather gamble it than give my money away like that to the State insurance which by the way, is the only one Insuring at this point. Private insurers are cancelling policy holders and all legally I might add at a rate of 10% a year till they get rid of us all. I myself was cancelled by 3 private ins. companies without ever having put in a claim! All for the crime of living in Miami.
The funny thing here is that last year for example the hurricanes hit further up butttt....Miami get the insurance hikes. Why? you might ask?? Simple. The ins. companies figure that IF a disaster hits Miami which is more densely populated the more they have to shell out money. Sooo....we get the rate hike EVEN IF NO hurricane ever passes over us & they all pass further up. The last I read in the paper that they are considering homes east of I95 and homes valued over 1 million dollars will not be able to get any insurance and will be cancellling the policies little by little. Ohh..and next year Miamians are supposed to get a rate hike of 62%....can you imagine???? Stay out of here, you are better off going to a less populated area where even hurricanes have done more damage.
Lulu

Lulu

Old 06-06-2006, 05:10 PM

2,227 posts, read 8,216,432 times
"It is really sad that the state of Florida has become this way."

one of the few reasons it is so expensive is b/c of supply and demand. the h.o.'s insurance is high due to hurricanes, but the price of homes is due to

supply and demand

ppl moving to fla by the droves...even with the hurricanes

popularity

Old 06-06-2006, 05:37 PM

66 posts, read 347,104 times
ocala is nice there also building a del webb next door to you .you should be ok there . there's a wal mart near you and a mall a few miles down the road about 7 i think .it's quite there . well good luck.

Old 06-07-2006, 08:51 AM

566 posts, read 2,059,486 times
Ohhh...Ocala, slowcala...yesss!!!!!!!!!!!. I went to visit on my way to Kissimmee, and Ocala so reminded me of Ole' "Miam-uhh" ( this is how the Southerner's used to call Miami). Though, I don't know anything about anything. Safety, etc. It's not for everyone as I know most people from up North could not live in places like that. But I certainly could. What I would give to have the courage to buy there and live out my ancient memories that are trapped in my brain with nowhere to go. I feel like the lion from the Wizard of Oz - no courage! Wouldn't know how to even begin to do this. Ahhh!!!!

Old 06-07-2006, 10:45 AM

2,227 posts, read 8,216,432 times
give ocala a try ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida