Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2011, 07:44 PM

8,489 posts, read 20,635,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tn gal now View Post
i can read a ton of books, i can research, i can ask for opinions, and i can think i will love a place. But all of that does not give me actual experience, nor does it make me a freaking idiot if i get there and don't like it and, god-forbid, say i don't like it or why i want to go home.

If you want a state with mountains or snow then Florida is not for you.l it is not that freaking hard to understand for most but i guess you would need to see for your self that there are no freaking mountains in Florida.

do you dislike rude people also? Because i certainly do. Neither am i fond of stupidity, but i find that most people confirm their intelligence once they begin to speak...and judge others. And your remarks certainly appeared to be an attack. And don't patronize me by saying you're sorry if something you say or think bothers me. Be man enough to say you don't care what i think because i certainly don't care what you think or what you think of me...

***MOD CUT***

not that it's any of your business, and only to confirm that you have jumped to incorrect assumptions and voiced your incorrect assumption, i lived in the Tampa bay area for the first 31 years of my life. Conversations with family and following the national newscasts of weather there confirms that it hasn't changed a lot since i left 29 years ago. I don't believe there was ever a year that i didn't have my a/c on at some point during each month of the year every year i lived there - when i was fortunate enough to have a/c which was the vast majority of the time.

i had my ac off for 7 months straight and i am in the Tampa area. You have your ac on when it is in the 20's? 30's? 40's? 5o's? 60's?
Do you keep it set at 10 degrees?

the third point newsboy made was that he didn't care for the fashion of flip flops and tank tops year-round. You commented that you would not respond because his remark was idiotic. (and that comment certainly sounded like an attack to me...) i don't care what you wear, but it seems reasonable that flip flops and tank tops are certainly appropriate to wear year-round on those many "winter" days when it's warm.

here is his comment
Quote:
3. Fashion beyond tank-tops and flip-flops
when the question is "what Florida lacks that make people want to go home?" and that is the answer that someone gives, that would lead one to assume that the only fashion in Florida is tank tops and flip flops. I am sorry that i had to spell it out for your but it seemed pretty clear to me.
Yes, i would like to wear shorts and a t-shirt year round but in most parts of Florida it is not possible nor feasible.

gfy

Last edited by doggiebus; 06-30-2011 at 09:49 AM.. Reason: Personal Attacks Not Allowed

Old 06-27-2011, 08:41 PM

670 posts, read 1,277,347 times
No, Correction, Spring Hillian always defends Florida and states the facts about FL. I think you have him mixed up w someone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P Andrews View Post
Spring Hillian, IPoetry, always shows up in Florida posts, just to BASH the state, I noticed that some people do that when they think they can move down here, and everything is gonna be easy!
It's just like anything else you have to work first at building a life in a new location, most would test the waters before taking the plunge! And yes it can get VERY hot in Florida, WHEW who'da thought that???
Yes we can take CONSTRUCTIVE Criticism, but DON'T come to the FLORIDA threads to bash our state, due to your personal oppinions, based on your own misfortunes. We have a State filled with something for everyone, incudeing some of the best Seafood around.
His own word, when he first moved her was to the effect, that this was a WONDERFUL PLACE TO LIVE, guess he didn't think it through, WE THAT LIVE HERE, DO NOT STAY ON VACATION MODE.

Old 06-27-2011, 08:51 PM

3,636 posts, read 9,769,108 times
This whole thread should be closed because a pair of know it alls can't just let it go if someone says anything negative.... They have the answer to everything. And all this is is one big cess pool/pissing match now. But this sure is fun!!!!!!

Old 06-27-2011, 09:49 PM

817 posts, read 2,250,369 times
Like I said earlier, this thread jumped the shark about 15 pages ago. I wish the mods would close it.

It should have been closed immediately. The very title is stupid."What....makes EVERYONE want to leave?"

Who says everyone wants to leave? Last I checked, Florida had added several million new residents since 2000.

Someone...please...put this thread out of its misery.

Old 06-28-2011, 12:03 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,122,063 times
And the negative people keep on posting more negative responses.

If you post negative you're likely to get a response from non-negative posters. At least the non-negatives post facts and not assumptions or off the wall information. A/C on everyday year after year, now really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA70 View Post
This whole thread should be closed because a pair of know it alls can't just let it go if someone says anything negative.... They have the answer to everything. And all this is is one big cess pool/pissing match now. But this sure is fun!!!!!!

Old 06-28-2011, 05:38 AM

I surely believe "Everyone" does NOT want to leave FL... That is a pretty big generalization for sure. If it said "What makes someone want to leave FL, and what does it lack for them"? That would have been better wording.

My AC is on from April through November...

Unbiased sources on City Data...LOL!!!! There are none.

I post both, negative and positive... I just do not like being attacked.....

Old 06-28-2011, 05:39 AM

374 posts, read 945,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
At least the non-negatives post facts and not assumptions or off the wall information. A/C on everyday year after year, now really.
The non-negatives certainly DO post non-factual/untrue assumptions about people. Mike and (previously) you have made erroneous assumptions about me and had the audacity to post your ASSUMPTIONS without verifying your facts first.

This is exactly what I said:
I don't believe there was EVER a year that I didn't have my A/C on at some point during each month of the year EVERY year I lived there - when I was fortunate enough to have A/C which was the vast majority of the time.

A response to what was actually written would have been appropriate.

I agree that it's time to put this bad-boy of a thread out of its misery.

Old 06-28-2011, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN Gal now View Post
The non-negatives certainly DO post non-factual/untrue assumptions about people. Mike and (previously) you have made erroneous assumptions about me and had the audacity to post your ASSUMPTIONS without verifying your facts first.

I don't believe there was EVER a year that I didn't have my A/C on at some point during each month of the year EVERY year I lived there - when I was fortunate enough to have A/C which was the vast majority of the time.

It's all a big game for them. Just play along and bow to the masters of CD. Words are twisted and everything said is most always wrong anyways...

Old 06-28-2011, 02:26 PM

Who are the "masters" of CD? And why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisA70 View Post
It's all a big game for them. Just play along and bow to the masters of CD. Words are twisted and everything said is most always wrong anyways...

Old 06-28-2011, 02:30 PM

I can only make assumptions based on the posts of others. Please advise which:

1. Non negatives who have posted non factual/untrure assumptions about Florida and what those non factual/untrue items were.

2. Which assumptions again you do you refer to?

I agree that there could be days in December where the a/c may have been needed. I have seen others post here that their a/c has been on 24/7 365. That posting I find quite ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TN Gal now View Post

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida