Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 07:55 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,702,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcrny View Post
Thank you for your comments. We are pretty basic, we like neighbors just not too close, not really concerned about walkability. We are religious, to a point ( we attend church when our work schedules don't conflict). We would rather eat at the local mom and pop places. As for entertainment, not big sports fans unless the PBR comes to town then off my husband goes (lol).
Medically, it seems the same as here, you have to travel to boston or NYC for real specialized practices (both about 3 hours away) As far as work we both travel about 20-30 minutes now, and as for the road conditions, we have four wheel drives (I refuse to drive in ice no matter what I drive)
So it appears to possibly be a nice fit for us, as long as we able to secure employment.
You sound like the perfect couple for NWAR. I would think any of the small towns would work. Of course I am very partial to Bella Vista, but there are a lot of really nice areas in Rogers and Bentonville. Fayetteville being a college town has a lot going for it, but, to me, some drawbacks as well..Property there is a little more expensive for starters and the traffic can be a nightmere from time to time, especially during football season.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2011, 10:14 AM

4 posts, read 3,890 times
Thanks Nita,
All the areas mentioned sound great, I will keep that in mind about Fayetteville. We can not wait to check it out in July.
I know every city and town have what I would call less desirable sections to live in, please don't anyone take offense to that, are these areas well known and obvious, or do they not really exist, just don't want to move to a section that we would not be comfortable in.
For instance if you asked me the most troubled parts of some of our local towns or cities I would tell you to stay away from the west side, or such and such street.
Again thanks for all your feedbacks
Crystal
Crystal

Old 12-13-2011, 12:34 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,702,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcrny View Post
Thanks Nita,
All the areas mentioned sound great, I will keep that in mind about Fayetteville. We can not wait to check it out in July.
I know every city and town have what I would call less desirable sections to live in, please don't anyone take offense to that, are these areas well known and obvious, or do they not really exist, just don't want to move to a section that we would not be comfortable in.
For instance if you asked me the most troubled parts of some of our local towns or cities I would tell you to stay away from the west side, or such and such street.
Again thanks for all your feedbacks
Crystal
Crystal
Crystal,

YOu are right, there are less desirable areas in every city. I think, for me, and I don't know the area as well as I know Bella Vista, the area near downtown Rogers and the areas just off exit 85 are not as nice as those off exit say, 83. This would hold true to Bentonville as well. The areas closer to downtown can be hit or miss. Some of the lovely older homes are on these streets, but there are other sections that I don't think I would consider. Of course you best bet will be just to drive around and you will see for yourself the good and the bad. Much of Fayetteville is really nice, this goes for Bella Vista as well, but even they have areas that might not be as desirable.

Nita

Old 12-14-2011, 10:40 AM

4 posts, read 3,890 times
thanks again Nita
we will keep that in mind when we visit in July
Crystal
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers