Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 10:35 AM

1 posts, read 5,975 times

Advertisements

My family is moving to Bentonville, probably in January 2008. We're going for a house hunting trip in early December.

We have decided we want to live in the Bentonville School District. I will be working in an office in Pinnacle Hills. We're considering lake front property in Bella Vista or a neighborhood real close to the office so I have a negligable commute.

What insight can you offer about Bella Vista and the southern commute to Pinnacle Hills?
What neighborhoods are near Pinnacle Hills that are easy access to the 540 but still in Bentonville schools?

My children are 1 and 3 -- I'd like to put them in a PreSchool setting that takes younger kids as well so that I only have to do one drop off/pick up per day. What is a good resource for searching for PreSchool/Day Care? Also, are there any you know of near Pinnacle Hills?

My husband works with troubled/at-risk/delinquent youth. In our initial searches, there don't seem to be any agencies serving this population. Granted, the good ones are often somewhat "hidden" from public knowledge. He's willing to commute to Fayetteville, which is a more probable location for this type of agency. Do you know of any such agencies or resources for us to ask about them?

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2007, 11:31 AM

2,370 posts, read 7,759,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newwood View Post
My husband works with troubled/at-risk/delinquent youth. In our initial searches, there don't seem to be any agencies serving this population. Granted, the good ones are often somewhat "hidden" from public knowledge. He's willing to commute to Fayetteville, which is a more probable location for this type of agency. Do you know of any such agencies or resources for us to ask about them?

Thank you!
Welcome to Youth Bridge

Old 11-09-2007, 12:28 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,869,107 times
I personally wouldn't like the commute from S Bella Vista to Pinnacle for work, but that might just be me. I avoid 540 like the plague during rush hours in the am and pm. There are back ways, though. Most of the neighborhoods close in to Pinnacle are new and very nice, you shouldn't have any problems finding a good home. Is there a reason you are wanting Bentonville rather than Rogers schools?

DC

Old 11-10-2007, 06:40 PM

93 posts, read 417,906 times
Agree with DC. 540/71 is the only route from Bella Vista south to Bentonville, Rogers, etc. and during the rush hours, it is very congested. IF you are working off the normal hours, it shouldn't be too bad. Also some areas of BV are prone to power failures during winter storms.

Old 11-10-2007, 08:17 PM

20 posts, read 131,617 times
Default Lochmoor Club

Try Lochmoor Club in Bentonville. West of the interstate. Affordable housing upper middle-class neighborhood. 8 non-interstate minutes from Pinnace Hills. Family Neighborhood. Pool, Tennis Courts/Basketball/Volleyball and Playground. Great sense of community and tons of kids.

It's 1/2 mile from Central Park Elementry (K-4) in the Bentonville School District and a brand new daycare is on the same campus.

Do I live there. Heck yeah I do. Moved here in March and we LOVE it.

I send you a private message with a great link for housing search that you can plug in neighbood names.

Good Luck!

Old 11-24-2007, 05:32 PM

1 posts, read 5,816 times
Default We are also moving to Bentonville in Jan-Feb-ish...

I have many of the same questions except that I am going to work for Walmart in the David Glass Technology Center. Any advice that anyone has would be very much appreciated. We have three children 11, 9 & 7 and of course are very interested in school information. Also, we do not want to end up spending tons on housing. We are moving from an area where we have 2500 sq ft 4 bdr 2 bath and we got a very good deal and therefore our mortgage is only $800 with insurance and taxes each month. Although we realize we will have to increase to a mortgage on $150k-$200k we really aren't willing to go over $170k-180k-ish. Any advice on good housing with good schools, reasonably close to WalMart (within 30 minutes during rush hour) and 4bdr 2 bath in this range? PLEASE HELP!

Old 11-25-2007, 08:14 PM

2 posts, read 9,104 times
Default Daycare on campus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoFan View Post
Try Lochmoor Club in Bentonville. West of the interstate. Affordable housing upper middle-class neighborhood. 8 non-interstate minutes from Pinnace Hills. Family Neighborhood. Pool, Tennis Courts/Basketball/Volleyball and Playground. Great sense of community and tons of kids.

It's 1/2 mile from Central Park Elementry (K-4) in the Bentonville School District and a brand new daycare is on the same campus.

Do I live there. Heck yeah I do. Moved here in March and we LOVE it.

I send you a private message with a great link for housing search that you can plug in neighbood names.

Good Luck!
What do you mean daycare on campus? For what ages?

Old 11-30-2007, 10:51 PM
MSN

12 posts, read 51,340 times
Default Pinnacle Hills Area

There are some excellent neighborhoods in the Pinnacle Hills area. The majority are in the Bentonville School district even though they are in the Rogers city limits (our neighborhood is one of them). Be carefull when looking because there are some funny boundaries between the Rogers/Bentonville area. Most of the neighborhoods in that area have neighborhood pools, playgrounds, clubhouses, but they also have POA dues to consider. That area is also close to many restaurants and stores.

My husband and I first moved to the Highlands area of Bell Vista (Northwest part of town) in 2004. We both worked in Rogers and traffic was a nightmare and we were far away from everything we liked to do outside of work.

We ended up moving to the Pinnacle Hills area in 2006 because we just couldn't stand it anymore. Bella Vista is very nice, but location is extremely important.

Unfortunately, I can't offer any daycare advice. However, your husband shouldn't have any trouble finding something in his field.

Old 12-09-2007, 06:13 PM

20 posts, read 131,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwalkl View Post
What do you mean daycare on campus? For what ages?
There's a new "private school" called Pine Crest Private School on the same campus as Bentonville's k-4 Central Park Elementary School. Pine Crest has a web site that you can Google for more, but appears its an early childhood daycare/learning environment for Kids 12mo. to 5 years.

Old 12-11-2007, 09:49 AM

44 posts, read 173,704 times
Default This could help

I recently had a client that wirked with the same type of children who your husband works with.having taught school for over 30 years and having an adopted son who has ADD, I understand and apprecrate the work that your husband does.

Contact me by pm for the name of my client.

art

Quote:
Originally Posted by newwood View Post
My family is moving to Bentonville, probably in January 2008. We're going for a house hunting trip in early December.

We have decided we want to live in the Bentonville School District. I will be working in an office in Pinnacle Hills. We're considering lake front property in Bella Vista or a neighborhood real close to the office so I have a negligable commute.

What insight can you offer about Bella Vista and the southern commute to Pinnacle Hills?
What neighborhoods are near Pinnacle Hills that are easy access to the 540 but still in Bentonville schools?

My children are 1 and 3 -- I'd like to put them in a PreSchool setting that takes younger kids as well so that I only have to do one drop off/pick up per day. What is a good resource for searching for PreSchool/Day Care? Also, are there any you know of near Pinnacle Hills?

Thank you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers