Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 06:48 AM

25,899 posts, read 42,936,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumandcoke View Post
Full face of makeup everytime I go outside is an absolute must!

I live in a wealthy community where women are expected to maintain themselves, if you will. I have a very high social standing in my community, thus my need to look presentable (hair combed, radiant color, pearls, and a dress or blouse).
I never been to one of them ritzy hair-combin' communities!

Old 05-20-2010, 07:32 AM

12,227 posts, read 21,659,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
You're hilarious!

Old 05-20-2010, 08:10 AM

114 posts, read 128,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
We'd love to have you!

It truly is depressing how many women don't realize the beauty of makeup and general personal care/hygiene. Makeup takes YEARS off of your appearance and makes you feel clean and energetic.

Old 05-20-2010, 08:27 AM

29,847 posts, read 34,815,595 times
Quote:

At the very least I will wear concealer, foundation (cream and powder), cream contour, blush, mascara, lip stick or lip stain or lip tar, lip gloss (when necessary), lip liner, cream eye shadow, and a skin pigment. I also use a toner every now and then. On most days when I'm at work or at a social event, I will wear my mink eyelashes too. It really stands out and makes my eyes look less sunken in.
How long does this regimen take you to put on?

Old 05-20-2010, 08:35 AM

25,899 posts, read 42,936,974 times
Quote:
We'd love to have you!

It truly is depressing how many women don't realize the beauty of makeup and general personal care/hygiene. Makeup takes YEARS off of your appearance and makes you feel clean and energetic.
Why would what other women choose to put on their skin truly depress you?

I have worn little to no makeup all my life, other wearing heavy stage makeup (including false eyelashes) for dance performances. I am 36 and don't have many lines on my face, so I don't feel the need to look younger. I have no idea if people think I'm younger than I am, but why would I need someone to believe I was 27 anyway? The reason I wear anything on my cheeks, forehead, chin, etc. is that I have ruddy, freckled skin and like to have more even coloring. I like the shape of my cheekbones and jaw and don't have to do anything to make my face look very different.

I wear some makeup under my eyes to brighten up any dark circles, and my chin and nostrils tend be a little red. I touch up any red spots or blemishes with the same makeup. I wear eyeliner and mascara to bring my eyes back out, and I add some bronzer to my cheeks and brow bones if I look too pale. I wear tinted lip gloss, never lipstick or lipliner. I'm not sure what cream contour is.

"Creams" and "tars" don't sounds like they'd make my face feel clean; they sound heavy and thick. But I understand that cosmetics can be very expensive and have never spent hundreds of dollars on makeup. I'm sure some of the things you use are lovely and work very well for you. They are just not part of my lifestyle.

Old 05-20-2010, 08:48 AM

12,227 posts, read 21,659,862 times
Too much make up makes me look like a clown. I'm very fair with almost black hair, brown eyes, and curly dark brown/black lashes. Eye makeup doesn't improve my looks. My "must have" items are a power/foundation combo, blush, and lip stick, preferably red. With those on, my face feels done.

I feel a little sorry for the husbands and boyfriends of the heavy make-up wearers in this thread, as they must spend a lot of time waiting around for you! I'm sure you look quite glamourous though. The most important thing is we each have our personal faces done to our personal specifications.

Old 05-20-2010, 09:43 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,367,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
The most important thing is we each have our personal faces done to our personal specifications.
Bingo. I don't think there is a "right or wrong" way although I do have some very strong opinions about what looks good to me!

Old 05-20-2010, 10:44 AM

8,410 posts, read 39,390,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post

I feel a little sorry for the husbands and boyfriends of the heavy make-up wearers in this thread, as they must spend a lot of time waiting around for you! :

Mine is quite fine with it whenever I do take the time for a full face.
And if he was not, I would find a new one quite easily with my fabulously groomed self.

I really don't see what the big deal is. Its not like you can't be ready on time like everyone else just because you put on makeup.

And oh yeh the hair combing...Oh how I wish that was just a joke. I see people that don't comb. And they are not street people either. More men that women. Don't guys carry combs anymore?

Old 05-20-2010, 01:53 PM

1,881 posts, read 3,628,226 times
First: People don't comb their hair??? Really? I'll have to pay more attention. That's such a basic hygiene thing.

I don't wear a lot of makeup. I prefer the way others look with less makeup as well, but I don't care if they want to wear more, or none, or whatever.

I use eyeliner, eyeshadow, mascara, and blush. If I'm going out for the evening (a rare event, unfortunately) I love to wear red lipstick and I add brow pencil and possibly foundation if I feel like I need it that day. During the day I wear a neutral lipstick or none at all (mostly because I forget).

I went through a stage when I wouldn't be seen without all my makeup and then one when I wore none at all. I think I found my happy medium.

Old 05-20-2010, 03:04 PM

18,152 posts, read 17,140,936 times
Quote:
I truly can't believe that there are women who allow themselves to be seen in public without makeup. I live in an environment where women enjoy being feminine and not so dull.
I never exercise with makeup on - at the gym, pool, hiking trail, etc. The only thing I have on my face is a good moisturizer. That way my skin can sweat freely when I work out (I drink lots of water). That may not be very "lady like" but all of that sweating really does make my skin feel better - more radiant/softer/unlined.

In the morning, I drop my kids off at school, even run an errand or two before I exercise. No makeup at all.

Afterwards, I shower/wash my face with a gentle cleanser and then lightly apply just the basics (moisturizer, foundation, blush, powder, lipstick and mascara) if that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty