Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: guys wear nail polish are...
gay 26 59.09%
creative 7 15.91%
metrosexual 2 4.55%
confused 8 18.18%
sexy 1 2.27%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 09:52 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,970,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
let's just agree that you're clay aiken and i'm john mcclain.
goodnight bro
LMAO!!!

Why even bother with that goofball.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2010, 10:20 AM

3,359 posts, read 7,328,220 times
Default Nature will always seek a balance...

I'm anything but a goofball...I'm quite literate and well versed in many ideas and topics...

Don't be so quick to judge or label...or it is you who will end up looking like a goofball...good-day....

Edited addition...

I think the term 'gay' has tooken on to broad of a term...to include anything someone else thinks is 'silly' or 'korney' or...
A guy dressing up 'pretty' or 'colorful'...

Sorry folks, that's not gay...being 'pretty' or 'cute' or 'beautiful' is not gay, nor is it a female exclusive trait....
And why we're taught that it is is beyond me....
When your in the womb...your genes don't say to each other..'well since this is a male, lets make him ugly and dull'....
Rather beauty is a projection of ones self after birth...either mental or physical or both...it's a self determined idea of oneself.

Many guys get mad or irritable when another guy 'turns them on'...it makes them feel, well...'gay'....so rather than dealing with their
own reaction...it's easier for them to label you...

If a guy wants to look 'pretty' and 'cute'...that's his option...it's not his problem certain other males are turned on by it and feel
decieved...
Why should a guy spend their whole life hiding or destroying that which was given to them...just to not upset other peoples sensibilities?

Many women will never know what it's like to from the time your born, as a male, to be placed in a catogory of rough, tough, mean, calouse,
hardend, non emotional woman chasing neandrothral caveman...

It's a cast or template some males just don't fall into...a man can look 'beautiful'...and still be 100% man or hetro...or variations there of...
Expecially if your doing it for 'self' and not to attract anyone.
I read another thread where a guy said he 'crossed dressed' because he couldn't find a woman...I found that very interesting in that
It supported a theory of mine that nature will always seek a balance...
In other words, most males fulfill their need for beauty by seeking 'females'...essentially seeking his other half...

For everyone has a Adam and Eve inside of them...and seek the other half through a mate...
But what if you never find a mate?...nature will still seek that balance from within...a macho guy can't go around being macho all the
time or it will upset the balance...so in some, that balance is sought within self...

Same with women...that's why single women are often hard and soft...depending on the situation...cause they are fulfilling both roles
within themselves...single women or moms will often fulfill the male and female role within their own self.

This is a very interesting subject and shouldn't just be dismissed as something quirky or silly or goofy...
But to read, learn, and understand...you must approach from a nuetral objective mindset...

Last edited by Time and Space; 04-05-2010 at 11:17 AM..

Old 04-05-2010, 12:27 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,325,103 times
i'm just here to remind you that if we were to compare the things we do to the things other humans do, you would be most closely linked to 6-11 year old girls during their "my little pony" infatuation phase
whereas a fully developed man like myself would most closely resemble General George S Patton. Or Brett Favre. or Clint Eastwood in "for a few dollars more"

yes we get it you want to do things women do and its society's fault for not allowing a man to act like a 2nd grade girl with lovely little glitter nail paints and fabolous pink accents in clothing.

perhaps one day you'll embrace masculinity. until then

Old 04-05-2010, 03:10 PM

Good heavens...why should I even bother responding...

First off...how do you know what Brett Farbes does in private, or Clint Eastwood?
You only see them when their performing...

I can perform too, when I have to, play the role...the macho role...as I do most of the time in real life...
Second...I do what I do for personal fulfillment...Again, I can't help how you decide to interpit that...but I do know your interpitation of it reveals your social conditioning....yours, not mine...

I use to be rigid...but found it very constraining...

And to try to put an age on beauty or the need to feel beautiful is ridiculas...ever heard of Liberachi the pianoist?
Ever heard of Prince?
Or Betty Davis? Or Elvis? Elizabeth Taylor?
Tell me the age your suppose to stop being concerned with your personal being?

And by the way, I can be Burt Renolds or Liz Taylor....
I can be rough and tough, or as gentle and elegant as a wind blown maple tree....

Anyways...I'm sure all my words were wasted...good evening...

(I can tell your definatly not a fan of male figure skating)..

Last edited by Time and Space; 04-05-2010 at 03:20 PM..

Old 04-05-2010, 03:52 PM

Also, if your going to respond to this thread...please try to keep it on a up and up level...like mature people should...

I don't really want to know what's in your mind, if what's in your mind isn't honorable...so please keep it on the up and up and stay on point...

If you agree, state why, if you disagree, state why...it's about guys who sometimes get an inclination to use nail polish on their feet...or other things of 'flair'...nothing more, nothing less...let's keep it in that realm please...

Old 04-05-2010, 08:10 PM

haha honestly i probably would've punched you in the mouth like.. 3-4 replies ago if this convo was going on in person
definitely would've after that "wind blown maple tree" comment lol at this point i dont know if you're being honest or just saying these things to annoy me either way you played your cards well with that one, m'am

Old 04-10-2010, 11:12 AM

I understand...I've been the focus of other peoples hostility in the past before...so yes...I do understand...

And then after words, when they think they don't like me, realize I'm one of nicest souls they could ever meet....

I've even had gangsters want to be my friend once they realize how nice and neutral I can be...

Old 04-11-2010, 11:46 PM

35 posts, read 45,782 times
I think this is normal for gays.

Old 04-12-2010, 09:15 AM

It is not normal for 'gays'....
Ask any gay person if they paint their toe nails...and they would be just as appaled as many hetro males are...

The majority of gay males look 'straight' act 'straight' and date 'straight' acting and appearing males...
The majority of gay males like tough actining masculine males...that's why their gay...

Old 04-12-2010, 12:49 PM

^where do you live... some moon on jupter where gay men are more masculine than regular men and make regular heterosexual men look like cyndi lauper... lol you're delusional

look at well known homosexuals... im speaking about "celebrities" because i cant tell you about the gay dude in my class cuz u wouldnt know him from a turd stain in your panties...
but lets take well known homosexuals as an example, and you tell me if this is "masculine" to you:

clay aiken:

lance bass from one of those boy bands:

^yea you're absolutely right these "men" are absolutely the epitome of masculinity. not an ounce of femininity to be found here. none.

they are in fact 10 times more masculine than this man

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty