Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 06:03 AM

22,592 posts, read 47,680,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfeyes View Post
Most families I know passes down family heirlooms such as jewelry to the grandchildren... I guess not all families pass down things like that, instead they are buried with the jewelry.
There IS another option....
they pass down, but they have the stones restyled into something else, like a necklace or earrings, etc...

which is what is the popular thing in my area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2009, 07:26 AM

2,976 posts, read 13,375,504 times
Default My friend has this ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davachka View Post
It is 4.5 total carat weight, 3 carat center....to be worn on left hand....is the yellow to much or do you like?
This is a surprise - our dear friend just got married and this was her engagement ring. Personally, I find the yellow a bit much for my taste, but it is a beautiful ring.

Old 08-27-2009, 08:27 AM

2,406 posts, read 7,904,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
Davachka, so you own the center stone and you're just looking for a setting for the cut & size or are you open to all options?

It's really hard to give ideas because jewelry is so personal, as we've seen in this thread. Some folks don't like yellow diamonds, some don't like them big or RBs, etc.. Personally, I haven't met a diamond I didn't like.

Do you definitely want a halo type setting?

And do you have a pic of the ring on your hand? I'm sure it looks a lot different on than in the photo posted. (I think it's a really pretty ring and I don't think those photos do it justice, as you pointed out.)
I tried last week to take a photo of it on my hand....and well it just doesn't work it is VERY fuzzy. Not sure if its my camera or my amateur photography skills

Yes, I own the center diamond and the setting. The setting is rather different for me. One day I love it, the next day I am a bit overwhelmed by it. This is supposed to be an every day ring, but I'm not sure the setting is an every day setting.

I am open to all settings, however I prefer an antique finish to it, which is why I lean towards halos. That said, there have been simpler styles that I have fallen in love with as well so its not a definite. I saw an eternity ring that can be set with a center stone that looked very nice as well.

& I'm like you....I have not met a diamond I have not liked either. ANY shape...ANY size...bring them on! My hubby collects art...this is my wearable art!

Old 08-27-2009, 08:28 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,271,498 times
I like the ring, but then I like a mix of gold and silver or white gold.

Old 08-27-2009, 08:28 AM

2,406 posts, read 7,904,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhlcomp View Post
This is a surprise - our dear friend just got married and this was her engagement ring. Personally, I find the yellow a bit much for my taste, but it is a beautiful ring.
Wow that is surprising...this was semi custom...was it the same round shape and everything? That is too funny I would not have imagined!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty