Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2015, 06:18 PM

234 posts, read 162,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb919 View Post
I think that's always what stopped me from getting a tattoo- they look so nasty when they get old! .
right, because they might detract from all the nasty wrinkles people will be staring at
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2015, 10:51 PM

4,856 posts, read 5,824,290 times
The series of tats being done on my arms are for religious purposes, so I don't really care if somebody doesn't like them, they aren't for them. Even if many people are getting tatted up, I think it's still a large stretch to say that everybody, and their granny is tatted, and even so; good maybe then people will give less fuggs about it, and as times change, more employers won't care either. People put too much stock in what is, and what isn't "professional appearance," anyway.

Look at Google, there's no damn reason people who basically sit in cubicles all day, away from public need to be in monkey suits. One reason I hated doing security, always had to shave for what somebody else thought was "professional," because LEOs, we're security gaurds, not cops, with our ugly flammable uniforms. I can't stand conservative bullspit.

Old 11-25-2015, 11:06 PM

4,490 posts, read 3,931,395 times
I NEVER in my life thought I would be quoting Kim Kardashian, but I agree with her regarding tattoos for attractive women......."You don't put a bumper sticker on a Bentley". I would agree.

Old 11-26-2015, 07:58 AM

2,531 posts, read 1,864,874 times
Tattoos make people look tacky and ghetto in my opinion, especially women.

Old 11-27-2015, 06:26 AM

1,300 posts, read 1,042,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
Tattoos... oh how uncool you now seem now that everyone and their grandmother has one. I am more in to fashion statements of a less permanent type. I live in a city where tattoos are everywhere and on just about everyone. I have no idea why anyone feels that they needs to write or draw something on their body that does not wash off. To each his own. If I was forecasting future job demands in my city I am feeling getting in to the tattoo remove business will be very profitable in the near future. The symbol of the tattoo as far as I am concerned has changed from a symbol of rebellion to symbol of the follower. I totally see gang members and grannys comparing tattoo designs in my city in the years to come... which might not be such a bad thing.
Hey I actually AGREE with you on something!! lol

I REALLY CAN'T STAND TATTOOS. Its absolutely nuts how in about 10-15 years it went from relatively few people having tattoos to seemingly everyone having ateast one tattoo if not more on their bodies and it really makes me sad that this fad has become so mainstream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrpuff View Post
I consider tattoos to be art on the body. they paint a story of my life and of my perception/outlook on life if you will. some have deeper meaning to me (like the one I did as a reminder to not shoot up when I was getting clean off heroin) and others don't have any real meaning behind them but just a memory (like the one I let a complete stranger do on my arm whom I met in a park while backpacking thru central America)
I understand that people often get tattoos for some very valid and personal reasons such as some that you pointed out, BUT that doesn't mean they look good though, at least in my eyes. Where many people find them attractive, cool and eye pleasing, I find them ugly, unattractive and really a desecration of the human body. But hey, different strokes for different folks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridarebel View Post
Tattoos make people look tacky and ghetto in my opinion, especially women.
I agree and as you said especially so with women. In fact everytime I see a hot girl have tattoos on her body, it makes me sad that she would RUIN her natural beauty with stupid tattoos on her skin especially if they're ridiculously large and prominant. I can't count how many times I've seen a pretty girl and think 'DAMN she's HOT!' and then see tattoos on her and then think 'Oh god WHY?!?!?! WHY mess up your natural beauty with those god awful tattoos?!?!??!?!'

For me, I find women who are natural and without tattoos to be the hottest and most attractive of all. Again why mess up the natural beauty that mother nature has given you by putting tattoos on your soft, smooth skin? It would be like someone painting on the Mona Lisa because they thought it would look cool when in fact they were destroying what was already perfect. So yeah I think tattoos are one of the WORST inventions of humankind and wish they would go out of style ASAP especially when it comes to women getting them.

Old 11-27-2015, 08:29 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
Tattoos... oh how uncool you now seem now that everyone and their grandmother has one. I am more in to fashion statements of a less permanent type. I live in a city where tattoos are everywhere and on just about everyone. I have no idea why anyone feels that they needs to write or draw something on their body that does not wash off. To each his own. If I was forecasting future job demands in my city I am feeling getting in to the tattoo remove business will be very profitable in the near future. The symbol of the tattoo as far as I am concerned has changed from a symbol of rebellion to symbol of the follower. I totally see gang members and grannys comparing tattoo designs in my city in the years to come... which might not be such a bad thing.

Zombie thread....

Here's a news flash for you, though. 99.9% of tattooed people honestly couldn't care less about your views and thoughts on being tattooed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty