Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 02:43 PM

3,982 posts, read 10,462,106 times

Advertisements

Beware of the Killer Bikini Wax! - MSN Health & Fitness - Health Topics

eek!!!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2009, 07:44 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,449,461 times
Why are you scared?

It hurts, yes, but who cares?

Old 07-01-2009, 10:23 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,269,800 times
Ok, showing my age here, but I just can't believe anyone would do this! I know some of you have said it's not too bad, but I just don't see it....

Old 07-01-2009, 07:22 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,449,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
Ok, showing my age here, but I just can't believe anyone would do this! I know some of you have said it's not too bad, but I just don't see it....
It's a lot easier than shaving your legs all the time and having to deal with the stub. I love getting waxed. I think it feels pretty good actually. The pain gives you the same sort of high you get after a 5-mile run.

Old 07-01-2009, 07:43 PM

2,189 posts, read 7,701,834 times
My wife had an appt and chickened out...She plans on getting laser removal in the near future as it's about the same cost as 10 waxing sessions...

Old 07-01-2009, 07:55 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,400,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
It's a lot easier than shaving your legs all the time and having to deal with the stub. I love getting waxed. I think it feels pretty good actually. The pain gives you the same sort of high you get after a 5-mile run.

Seriously! I've been doing it for so long that I can't imagine hair or stubble down there. I'm in and out in less than 15 minutes. Pain is minimal, if at all. I kind of zone/start to fall asleep during the whole process. (Although I was singing a different tune when I was pregnant. The pain was substantially more and you're not supposed to take Ibuprofen.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJagMan View Post
My wife had an appt and chickened out...She plans on getting laser removal in the near future as it's about the same cost as 10 waxing sessions...

This is really what I need (and want) to do!!

Old 07-02-2009, 12:47 AM

3,467 posts, read 8,143,924 times
Okay, this may be TMI...

The pain is not that bad. The worst part is when they remove the hair in the pubic region (front). You'd think it would hurt worse on the inner thigh / labia area, but not so.

They will remove as much or little hair as you want, so just be specific.
Removing all the hair is not so great, IMO. When you go swimming it stings , there can be chafing issues, etc. The hair is there for a reason: to protect...

Personally, I found it a total waste of money. I thought it would be great - I'd always be bikini ready & wouldn't have shaving irritation.
Instead, my skin would get irritated from the waxing with ingrown hairs & bumps, and by the time it cleared up the hair was growing back. My skin is just too sensitive.

Since hair grows in cycles, you may start getting stubble after only a week or so. You have to keep waxing for for awhile before you get longer lasting results. I did it 4 times in a row and it was still growing in quickly...and then I just gave up.

Old 07-02-2009, 02:27 PM

5,073 posts, read 4,736,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
Personally, I found it a total waste of money. I thought it would be great - I'd always be bikini ready & wouldn't have shaving irritation.
Instead, my skin would get irritated from the waxing with ingrown hairs & bumps, and by the time it cleared up the hair was growing back. My skin is just too sensitive.

Since hair grows in cycles, you may start getting stubble after only a week or so. You have to keep waxing for for awhile before you get longer lasting results. I did it 4 times in a row and it was still growing in quickly...and then I just gave up.
This is my experience with waxing, as well. The sensitive skin will getcha, every time! Oh yeah, blood was shed (literally). Nowadays, shaving works just fine.

Old 07-07-2009, 12:53 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
I'm with you. I've never waxed or shaved, just trimmed a bit when required .And the idea of being completely bare, like a prepubecent girl, is a bit disturbing to me. Hopefully this generations daughters will rebel and just stay natural. This fad/trend isn't a good one.

Old 07-07-2009, 04:30 AM

8,827 posts, read 7,328,824 times
I never shaved or waxed pubic hair, trimming is OK if it were to hang out of your bikini....I agree with CeeCee about there being something disturbing about grownups looking like children...and the men who prefer the no-hair look, I wonder what hidden issues they have too...just my opinion
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty