Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2022, 10:51 AM

791 posts, read 370,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankAce View Post
I'm working with a photography company and they're offering makeup. As a dark-skinned Black man in my 30s is this necessary? Is this the norm?
What are the photos for?

Are you an actor who will be sending them out (i.e. "headshots")?

Are they for posting online? If so, for personal or professional consumption?

Or are these strictly personal, maybe shared with friends and family?

A little info on the intended use would help with the providing a relevant answer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2022, 09:04 PM

652 posts, read 522,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edglock21 View Post
What are the photos for?

Are you an actor who will be sending them out (i.e. "headshots")?

Are they for posting online? If so, for personal or professional consumption?

Or are these strictly personal, maybe shared with friends and family?

A little info on the intended use would help with the providing a relevant answer

No, I'm not an actor but the company mostly deal with actors. The photos are for online usage (professional and personal).

Old 01-14-2022, 04:35 AM

Quote:
No, I'm not an actor but the company mostly deal with actors. The photos are for online usage (professional and personal).
I would want to look my best, so I agree with one of the other posters - ask to see some photo examples of their makeup artist's work

If it looks good, maybe try test shots before & after the makeup and decide which is more professional looking

Old 01-16-2022, 05:54 PM

Would it be inappropriate to ask the company if they take one picture with my shirt off? I really like this company so I don't want to start off on the wrong foot.

Old 01-20-2022, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Would it be inappropriate to ask the company if they take one picture with my shirt off? I really like this company so I don't want to start off on the wrong foot.
I get the feeling that you're messing with us now...but I will answer anyway.

Does a pic of you with your shirt off have any impact on your employment? If it would be positive, go ahead - if not, don't. Seems like common sense.

You applying to Chippendale's or something?

Or maybe I'm reading the question the wrong way - are you concerned with offending the photographer or the company you're applying to?

Old 02-18-2022, 09:50 AM

Need help deciding between 2 NYC photographers.

Ultimately, I'm looking to get 5 photos. Below are 2 top reputable NYC photographers on Yelp.

Photographer A
1 hr = $170, approximately 40 pictures during that time that I get to keep

Photographer B
4 hrs = $649, for 5 retouched photos I get to keep

I'm not sure what's the going rate for this service. But the prices are in stark contrast. Can someone help me understand which is closer to the standard rate? I plan on changing wardrobe between pictures. I'm interested in 5 different looks.

Old 02-18-2022, 11:58 AM

6,895 posts, read 5,874,158 times
I'd go with the one whose shooting and editing style appeals more to you.

That said, obviously A is a better value. B would be needed for situations where more time is required, like if you're doing big wardrobe, hair & makeup changes, shooting in challenging locations, wrangling a bunch of extras, etc.

Old 03-25-2022, 02:46 AM

2 posts, read 452 times
If they are offering makeup then you can accept it or reject it.
But I would suggest you to accept it and get the makeup look.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty