Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2022, 07:47 AM

18,525 posts, read 18,732,187 times

Advertisements

Hate these daft false nails. I was looking on ebay at rings for xmas gifts and two ladies selling rings had close ups of their fake dirty manky nails underneath showing the rings it put me right off buying any.. My other hates are bra s on show under t shirts on purpose.. boots that have toes open ...Why? it looks daft..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2022, 08:13 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,570,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post

I see some women with what my daughter calls "muppet lashes" that are actually so heavy the women can't fully open their eyes. My daughter says that sleepy-eyed look has become a thing to go along with muppet lashes.

If somebody can’t open their eyes…they did a super bad job of applying & fitting the lashes. That’s not normal. AND muppet lashes are awful. But like everything else… some ppl take stuff to super weird extremes. AND they end up making their eyes look smaller & less bright.

It’s a myth that false eyelashes damage our natural lashes BUT proper application & fit is important.

Old 01-05-2022, 09:14 AM

2,125 posts, read 1,395,120 times
I don’t like the way false eyelashes feel, and yeah, some of them just look ridiculous. But even the more natural ones are uncomfortable to me. I had extensions for a bit and they were nice, but I became allergic. So, I am going to be happy with mascara…

I can’t do long nails, natural or otherwise. It does not work with my job, at all. Some of them look fine. Others, yeah, ridicuolous. I don’t know how some people can do anything with nails that long. I like a good manicure with shorter nails.

Old 01-05-2022, 09:25 AM

17,349 posts, read 16,485,995 times
The false eyelashes can look good but only when they are freshly put on. I've seen ladies walking around with clumps of stuff in those lashes and it looks so gross.

The nails aren't really my style and not something I would wear, myself, but I've seen some really well done nails. The ones that are super long don't look that great and would drive me crazy.

Adding in the crayola hair color trend - blue, purple, pink, green, multi color. It's not really my thing but it can look o.k.

Old 01-05-2022, 10:38 AM

16,306 posts, read 8,126,207 times
There's a lot of false/fake things out there that can look pretty terrible.

Old 01-05-2022, 11:32 AM

12,038 posts, read 8,403,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post

Adding in the crayola hair color trend - blue, purple, pink, green, multi color. It's not really my thing but it can look o.k.
Those cute middle-school girls in the summer with their colorful hair. Makes me want to be that age so I could play with that stuff!

Old 01-05-2022, 11:37 AM

22,319 posts, read 29,400,492 times
I've had fake nails for almost all my life, so I disagree. I think they are sexy as long as they are not 2"+ long. Those are ridiculous as a woman how do you clean yourself???

Eyelashes-I just tried some for the first time a couple of weeks ago and I liked them but I don't think they were entirely put on correctly. I took them off and now feel naked so I'm debating on putting them back on but a less glam look and more natural.

Old 01-05-2022, 11:49 AM

17,349 posts, read 16,485,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
I've had fake nails for almost all my life, so I disagree. I think they are sexy as long as they are not 2"+ long. Those are ridiculous as a woman how do you clean yourself???

Eyelashes-I just tried some for the first time a couple of weeks ago and I liked them but I don't think they were entirely put on correctly. I took them off and now feel naked so I'm debating on putting them back on but a less glam look and more natural.
It used to be that you put false eyelashes on yourself. Do you put these thicker lashes on yourself or do you have them done professionally? If women are spending money to have these things professionally applied then I guess that means that they sleep in them and don't take them off for awhile?

As for me, I'll stick to natural eyelashes and mascara even though my own lashes are nothing to write home about. I like my natural nails even though I don't do anything all that special to them, other than filing them.

I totally agree with you about the 2+ inch long nails. They seem really cumbersome and awkward. The shorter, well done ones can look nice.

Old 01-05-2022, 11:57 AM

3,253 posts, read 1,739,106 times
Just as I thought "Velociraptor talons" was funny, along comes "Muppet lashes".

Old 01-05-2022, 12:06 PM

16,306 posts, read 8,126,207 times
I've noticed that long fake nails seem to be in again. I've been seeing a lot of women in their 20's with brightly colored long nails. They might be real, who knows but to me they look creepy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty