Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2020, 05:55 PM

12,780 posts, read 14,996,596 times

Advertisements

Now, these are something we can still wear in these COVID times & they're extra protection too!

What style(s) do you like?
So, how many pairs do you have?
How much do you normally spend on them?
What brands do you like?
Other comments?

I like the oversized style, aviators, & some cat-eye. which I've started liking the last 10 yrs.
I haven't counted but probably have about 20-25 pairs. (I haven't bought any since COVID.)
I like to generally spend about $50 - 75, but I've spent more on a few & try to get pricier ones on sale.
I have quite 2-4 pairs of Tom Fords, Wildfox, Michael Kors, Ray-Bans, & Carreras. Then, various others: DVF, Balenciaga, etc.

I like a certain style of Tyche & Iset, but it's pricey: Moderator cut: advertising link removed

Last edited by nancy thereader; 07-31-2020 at 06:02 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2020, 04:20 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,179,420 times
I have one pair of prescription sunglasses. They are oversized, tortoise look glasses. Every so often, I get a compliment on them.

Old 07-28-2020, 04:54 PM

9,297 posts, read 4,586,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
Now, these are something we can still wear in these COVID times & they're extra protection too!

I like the oversized style, aviators, & some cat-eye. which I've started liking the last 10 yrs.
I haven't counted but probably have about 20-25 pairs.
I have quite 2-4 pairs of Tom Fords, Wildfox, Michael Kors, Ray-Bans, & Carreras. Then, various others: DVF, Balenciaga, etc.

I only have 3 pairs..BUT I don't keep them for more than a season or two. IMO oversized styles are hard to wear right now with a mask tho...

Old 07-28-2020, 05:20 PM

1,462 posts, read 974,601 times
I have 4 pairs. I prefer Maui Jim, but do have a pair of Ray Bans as well. The MJs are around $175-250/pair. My titanium pair was probably closer to $300. I have a hard time with any pair of glasses with a mask. The lenses tend to fog on me. So when I get out of my car, I don't take the sunglasses with me. So only wear them when driving or running.

Old 07-28-2020, 06:18 PM

17,629 posts, read 17,696,894 times
Prescription glasses with transitions lenses and magnetic clip on polarized shades for driving. Before I wore prescription glasses my sunglasses were bought at a drug store or discount department stores. Why bother paying more for something that gets lost or broken within a year.

Old 07-28-2020, 07:57 PM

12,780 posts, read 14,996,596 times
Probably about 1/4 - 1/2 of my sunglasses are back at my parents' house. I only took the main ones I wanted to wear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
I only have 3 pairs..BUT I don't keep them for more than a season or two. IMO oversized styles are hard to wear right now with a mask tho...
Really, I think they're great w/ the mask! The bottom of the sunglasses help hold down the top of the mask & there's no opening or showing of skin (between the bottom on the lens & top of the mask).

Quote:
Originally Posted by teqp View Post
I have 4 pairs. I prefer Maui Jim, but do have a pair of Ray Bans as well. The MJs are around $175-250/pair. My titanium pair was probably closer to $300. I have a hard time with any pair of glasses with a mask. The lenses tend to fog on me. So when I get out of my car, I don't take the sunglasses with me. So only wear them when driving or running.
I like some Mauii Jims, but never bought any of thsoe so far. But I would!

Old 07-28-2020, 08:45 PM

4,294 posts, read 4,431,701 times
At least 50 pairs. I am a collector :

Tom Ford
Gazelle
Persol
Ray Ban Kaneon
Randolph Aviator
Sunnei
Versace
AO Eyewear
and a few others. At one point I was buying them like T-Shirts.

Old 07-28-2020, 09:08 PM

4,210 posts, read 4,462,073 times
I have a healthy inventory with mix of makes but its not for want of a particular make/style. I buy the .99 to $4.99 cent sunglasses at one of the local closeout stores. I prefer a mix of wraparound and aviator type styles (nicest I like are foster grant).

I like functionality and redundancy, so I keep 3-4 in my motor vehicle, about 3 at my place of work, and pair in most every light weight jacket by season (another 3-4 in use). I have an inventory of another 6-7 on a bookshelf for replacing as they break or occasionally are lost.

I got an expensive pair (maybe $30-40) years ago (I think they were rayban wraparound), a work colleague borrowed them and then lost them at a corporate event. I don't like wasting my money on them, so the large inventory of inexpensive variety makes life easier. I do have another pair I like for when I vacation as they are smaller (Gargoyles) that are cool looking and also tried and still have a pair of those Eagle Eyes marketed ones from years ago - they were made well and have aluminum case.

Old 07-29-2020, 06:16 AM

37,626 posts, read 46,026,601 times
I have two pair. One Costa and one Maui Jim. The Mauis stay in the car.

Old 07-29-2020, 08:47 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,586,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post

Really, I think they're great w/ the mask! The bottom of the sunglasses help hold down the top of the mask & there's no opening or showing of skin (between the bottom on the lens & top of the mask).

The no showing of skin is the super weird part IMO.....the oversized lenses can even come down over the mask a little & they don't sit right & if you have a small bridge...the closer in it touches or overlaps. It's super nerdy looking...JMO tho...so I use my super fun cat eye sunglasses with smaller lenses for now. I hate masks....but....what are we going to do?

If your mask is on right tho......it won't need holding down. Have a sunny day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty