Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2020, 10:33 PM

4,294 posts, read 4,425,302 times

Advertisements

What about black diamond stud earrings on a guy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2020, 11:01 PM

19,697 posts, read 20,225,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYC View Post
What about black diamond stud earrings on a guy?
Sounds good to me.

I know alot of men who wear diamond earrings, totally normal.

Old 04-24-2020, 07:09 PM

4,856 posts, read 5,818,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Belmont View Post
A few years ago, when I got 30 years old, I pierced both of my ears. And started wearing hoop earrings. Like some friends of me. They pierced their ears before and said that hoops would look good on me too.

In fact was a birthday gift from my girlfriend. I wanted earrings from a long time, but never dared to wear them. I thought it was something for women. She said that was something just in my mind. And that I had to take a close look at those friends.

In the beginning it was very odd wearing earrings. I didn't felt compliance with them. But when I got used to my earrings, I was very happy. And started loving my hoops. So I regretted that didn't pierce my ears earlier.

But since a few months I want to wear other earrings, big hoops, like my girlfriend does. I really love her hoops and think they make her very hot. When I talked to her about it she had to smile. And let me try her hoops for an evening.

It made me very nervous. I never had any other earrings in my ears than my normal hoops. Not even for fun, like some other guys do. And now I was wearing big hoop earrings. Placed by my girlfriend.

After a while it felt great. And I wanted to wear them more often. So I said to her that I wanted big hoop earrings by myself too.

She had no problem with that. But she also said that other people would think different about that. And that I would have a very hard time wearing big hoop earrings. Especially in the beginning, when people see me for the first time with big hoop earrings.

Off course I know that. And that bothers me. So I'm not sure about what to do.

So what do you think, should I give it a try? And change my hoops of about 1 inch for hoops of about 2, 2,5, or even 3 inch (the hoops my girlfriend has and I love the most).
When you do thingsime this; you cannot give a damn about what other people think. If you think it looks good, and have thick skin, then do it. I wore hoops before I started gauging my ears. I liked the idea of it.

Old 04-24-2020, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Because he WOULD. In my opinion, the earring he described would absolutely look gay on a man. Period.

OP asked what others thought. I answered.

Your opinion is YOURS. Mine, is MINE.

See how that works?
I don't know where you're from, but over here; gay men don't wear big hoops, unless they are in drag, and maybe not even then. I've seen a lot of gay men in my day... it's not really gay if they aren't doing it...

Old 04-24-2020, 07:23 PM

What about earrings and age ?

I remember the black commentator on 60 Minutes had an earring. He looked like a businessman with an earring IMO it looked really weird. Now Johnny Depp is in his 50's and a eccentric. Ozzy Osbourne can do it at 70. I wonder if CNYC has the cajones to wear black diamond studs ? I would go maybe a 1/2 ct the largest.

Don't know but would love to try a pair on

Old 04-24-2020, 07:24 PM

11,085 posts, read 17,530,236 times
One thing I'd think about with hoops is what happened to Glen Campbell in his early years. The thing for some bands was the pirate look, one pierced hoop earring. He said a fight broke out one night in the bar, somebody put a finger through that hoop and yanked it out, tearing his ear. Said nothing ever went in his ear again

Old 04-24-2020, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kygman View Post
One thing I'd think about with hoops is what happened to Glen Campbell in his early years. The thing for some bands was the pirate look, one pierced hoop earring. He said a fight broke out one night in the bar, somebody put a finger through that hoop and yanked it out, tearing his ear. Said nothing ever went in his ear again
T'was my biggest fear when I had my nipple rings

Old 04-24-2020, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Belmont View Post
I don' t know how I should react if I see a man with eye brows drawn beautifully, eye makeup, earrings and very red lips. I don't think it looks ridiculous, not at all. I think that I would be jealous at him, because he looks how he wants to look.
Beside that I really wanted to start a open conversation with him, to ask him what has driven him to do this. And I would be curious about how it feels. Without judging off course.

I agree that as long as you don't do anything harmful to anyone, it's okay. But unfortunately not everybody has the same opinion. And people have to judge about everything. Or, in my case, may be laugh at me (in my back) or think it's ridiculous. Of course they have the right to have their own opinion and I respect that. But that doesn't make it easier to start wearing big hoop earrings.
You seem more concerned with questioning life, than live it. I keep a carabiner in one of my tunnels... IDGAF; I've had people figure out what it was, ask what it was... some thought it was cool. People are going to judge you regardless...

Old 04-25-2020, 01:34 AM

10,888 posts, read 7,373,369 times
I just watched the 1980s Wham video "Wake me up before you go-go". George Michael was wearing rather large gold hoops. I think that was before he came out; the song does refer to a woman.

Old 04-25-2020, 05:32 AM

19,697 posts, read 20,225,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxRhapsody View Post
You seem more concerned with questioning life, than live it. I keep a carabiner in one of my tunnels... IDGAF; I've had people figure out what it was, ask what it was... some thought it was cool. People are going to judge you regardless...
I'm with you 100% right here.

You just gotta have the confidence to do it, whatever it is.

The only time I actually seem to have an opinion about stuff like this is when somebody specifically asks about it on a forum and then I'm forced to think about it...

(Otherwise, I really don't care.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty