Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2020, 07:33 AM

18 posts, read 27,988 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Belmont View Post
A few years ago, when I got 30 years old, I pierced both of my ears. And started wearing hoop earrings. Like some friends of me. They pierced their ears before and said that hoops would look good on me too.

In fact was a birthday gift from my girlfriend. I wanted earrings from a long time, but never dared to wear them. I thought it was something for women. She said that was something just in my mind. And that I had to take a close look at those friends.

In the beginning it was very odd wearing earrings. I didn't felt compliance with them. But when I got used to my earrings, I was very happy. And started loving my hoops. So I regretted that didn't pierce my ears earlier.

But since a few months I want to wear other earrings, big hoops, like my girlfriend does. I really love her hoops and think they make her very hot. When I talked to her about it she had to smile. And let me try her hoops for an evening.

It made me very nervous. I never had any other earrings in my ears than my normal hoops. Not even for fun, like some other guys do. And now I was wearing big hoop earrings. Placed by my girlfriend.

After a while it felt great. And I wanted to wear them more often. So I said to her that I wanted big hoop earrings by myself too.

She had no problem with that. But she also said that other people would think different about that. And that I would have a very hard time wearing big hoop earrings. Especially in the beginning, when people see me for the first time with big hoop earrings.

Off course I know that. And that bothers me. So I'm not sure about what to do.

So what do you think, should I give it a try? And change my hoops of about 1 inch for hoops of about 2, 2,5, or even 3 inch (the hoops my girlfriend has and I love the most).
Hi Simon,

I just read your great threat and the whole discussion following. Like you, the idea to wear big hoop earrings as a man is very appealing to me, although at the same time I fear the reactions....It already since long has been a big desire of me to start to wear them, but untiul recently I didn't dare to take the first step. But today I did....

Tom
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2020, 10:51 AM

8,765 posts, read 5,055,756 times
You could try the big hoops, and see what happens. You might, get laughs, wierd looks, and comments. Would be be able to deal with that......would it bother you. Then again, most, might not give it a second thought. So go for it, you will never know, unless you try.

Old 11-27-2020, 02:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcandme View Post
You could try the big hoops, and see what happens. You might, get laughs, wierd looks, and comments. Would be be able to deal with that......would it bother you. Then again, most, might not give it a second thought. So go for it, you will never know, unless you try.

Hi, Marcandme, I suppose you're reacting on my last entry. Well, I plan to wear the big hoop earrings in big tunnels. So my first step was to have my earlobes pierced to get those tunnels. After the whole will have been healed, the silver hoop rings will follow.

Old 12-01-2020, 06:22 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,948,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Belmont View Post
Well, I think it’s very important to know want other people think. I’m not the only person in the world. To 'survive' I have to work and live together with other people. And not only the one I’m having a relationship with. Or some (close) friends.

So this forum gives me the opportunity to discuss my dilemma with other people, with an opinion that’s may be the same as the people who I have to deal with in real life.
My question would be if you are not gay, why do you want to feminize yourself? Large hoop earrings on a man look feminine. If that's your goal, go for it. Speaking for myself, I would not find it attractive on a man.

Old 12-02-2020, 04:48 PM

1,149 posts, read 935,060 times
Mmm, mmm. That's a big no!

Old 04-02-2021, 04:42 AM

4 posts, read 3,555 times
Dear Simon,

I respect people who dare to budge the trend and are sensitive to their environment. It takes courage, even though in this case it really shouldn't as we are talking about earrings only. I fully recognize the problem and it took me years to overcome this fear of the opinion of others as to how I look with earrings. I am fascinated with large hoop earrings, but I stick to rings of 1' or smaller. My wife doesn't like them larger so that's it for me. I like bigger ones but at the same time I don't feel confident wearing them in public, it makes me feel self-conscious too much.
I am not a fashion guy but for some reason I love hoop earrings. So now I wear them for a few years even though I am over 50 now. It is quite peculiar how sensitive men are to the opinion of others and are sort of trained to be scared of looking different, especially when the difference tends to effeminate. I think this training we received is not what younger people now receive so this prejudgemental attitude concerning our looks will slowly fade away, I guess.
Anyway, just wear your large hoop earrings and enjoy life and be free of the fear of what other people think of you when it comes to fashion.

Old 04-02-2021, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiusDus View Post
I fully recognize the problem and it took me years to overcome this fear of the opinion of others as to how I look with earrings. I am fascinated with large hoop earrings, but I stick to rings of 1' or smaller.
I am not a fashion guy but for some reason I love hoop earrings. So now I wear them for a few years even though I am over 50 now.
Anyway, just wear your large hoop earrings and enjoy life and be free of the fear of what other people think of you when it comes to fashion.
Hi RiusDius (and Simon), i fully agree. It took me years to overcome my fear of the opinion of others as how I as a man would look with real earrings too. I also am especially fascinated with thick hoop earrings. Last autumn I took the first step, by getting my earlobes pierced and tunnels with a diameter of 8mm inserted.

Due to the corona-lockdown I had to postpone the finishing touch: the inserting of the rings themselves. As piercingshops have opened recently again, I just went to one to look after my ears, id the wounds of the piercingscalpel had healed well. They did. I will soon try out several big hoop rings, the piercingshop just ordered a new batch of them, they presumably will arrive next week. So I expect to wear my new big hoop earrings soon too, like both of you.

The silver rings will be 5 or 6 mm thick, and they will make me look like this guy. As you will understand, the prospect makes me hot and nervous at the same time....

I want to wear big hoop earrings, as a man. What do you think? [MERGED]-bcr-oorringen.jpg

Last edited by Earringtom; 04-02-2021 at 08:27 AM..

Old 04-04-2021, 12:42 PM

3,698 posts, read 1,363,363 times
Let me tell you, your GF seems to be encouraging this... But if you do go with it, shes gonna dump you like a hot potato soon after. Dont ask me to explain why, just do it and you will see.

Old 04-14-2021, 07:37 AM

4 posts, read 3,555 times
Yes, beautiful earrings that this woman wears. Takes quite a bit of courage, and probably longer hair, to wear these. If you do, congratulations. I guess most men would be too insecure to wear this size. The largest earrings I saw a man wearing were about 2 inches.

Old 04-14-2021, 08:06 AM

6,868 posts, read 4,866,838 times
Wear one big earring and you can look like a pirate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty