Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 08:08 AM

2,098 posts, read 6,328,712 times

Advertisements

LOL....sorry about the spanish thing! I don't disagree with you....I guess it's hard to explain what I mean. I agree, of course, there has to be a line drawn somewhere with everything (please, I'm Italian AND from Jersey and ever since Sopranos came out whenever you meet someone new, they ask if you know Tony Soprano or if your familys' in the mob...yes, we all carry guns, hide our millions in the yard and speak like derelicts)....but the reason I hate political correctness is because there's no solidity in it. It changes everytime someone complains about something....we keep changing the rules to the game to please different people (which of course, we're all different) so now there's no actual correctness to the politics being debated....does that make sense? But you couldn't have summed it up better than you did with your last sentence. Maybe I should've saved 500 letters and just said that myself (LOL)....points to you gizmo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2007, 08:24 AM

30,345 posts, read 51,930,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixieshmoo View Post
LOL....sorry about the spanish thing! I don't disagree with you....I guess it's hard to explain what I mean. I agree, of course, there has to be a line drawn somewhere with everything (please, I'm Italian AND from Jersey and ever since Sopranos came out whenever you meet someone new, they ask if you know Tony Soprano or if your familys' in the mob...yes, we all carry guns, hide our millions in the yard and speak like derelicts)....but the reason I hate political correctness is because there's no solidity in it. It changes everytime someone complains about something....we keep changing the rules to the game to please different people (which of course, we're all different) so now there's no actual correctness to the politics being debated....does that make sense? But you couldn't have summed it up better than you did with your last sentence. Maybe I should've saved 500 letters and just said that myself (LOL)....points to you gizmo.
You mean, you don't visit the Bada-Bing and kill people for a living?? Who would've guessed! Thanks for the points, and no worries about the Spanish thing... I just got exhausted with the "illegal" debates on other threads. I do think PC-ness can get out of control, and we can't answer everyone who whines about something... I guess that's where the common sense comes in, since that's the best way to draw the line. Of course, everyone has a different idea of what's sensible, but we have to trust the government to remain neutral & reasonable on that. Scary thought, huh?

Old 01-03-2007, 08:34 AM

2,098 posts, read 6,328,712 times
LOL, very scary thought.

And I don't simply GO to Bada-Bing...I own it, yeah, I claim it though, during tax time, under my other business...waste management, of course. And no silly, good mobsters don't go around just killing people, you "got a guy" for that.

Old 01-03-2007, 07:54 PM

569 posts, read 1,229,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
....All of you and do whatever you want to with your bodies, but YOU are the ones that have to face the "looks", "whispers", "judgements" that can (and a lot of times DOES) come from it.
I ride a motorcycle, am a member of a motorcycle club and have numerous tattoos. So I get the "looks, whispers and judgements" all the time. What the narrow minded people that don't know about me is that I am also a Sergeant with a major metropolitan police department. I find it ironic that the people that would give me the "looks, whispers and judgements" when I'm off duty would be the same people that would greet me with open arms in a emergency situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBoating View Post
....And, you can say, "please don't judge us" and yet you are judging the people who don't like the look.
Judge away because I could give a rat's a$$ what anyone thinks about me! My best friend can't stand tattoos, while he looks at me and shakes his head he knows he can count on me for anything and vice-versa.
__________________________________________________ ______________
When I first saw this thread I was looking forward to seeing other peoples tats. I have no pics now, I'll post them as soon as I can gets some pics taken. I currently have 8 and plan on more

On my left arm (1/4 sleeve) I have 3:
1 - a Native American design with a silhouette of the "End of the Trail" statue with 5 feathers.

2 - 2 club related tattoos.

On my right arm (3/4 sleeve) I have 4:
1 - An American eagle carrying a blue/black ribbon in its talons that signifies the "thin, blue line" of police officers killed in the line of duty.

2 - A iron cross surrounded by flames with a modified Irish Claddagh memorializing a brother in my club, and Chicago police officer, killed last year leaving a fundraiser in Indiana we held for a fallen officers family.

3 - An aerial view of the National Law Enforcement Memorial's walking tour map on my elbow. (I know it sounds odd but you'd have to see it to understand)

4 - A fiery skull that represents a friend/co-worker killed in the line of duty. I'm adding a second mirror image for my other friend/co-worker killed during the same incident with their badge numbers and the date of the end of their watch in in between. (I'll have this finished by the end of the month)

On my right calf - the Rose & Shield logo of the National Law Enforcement Memorial.

Let's keep the ink slingin'!

Old 01-03-2007, 08:05 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,952,340 times
Me and My tat. I have 2 others.. My Social Secuirty Number, and protective charm. I plan on getting more.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c149/MuhnayShot/MoneyShot%20Suff/321808546_l.jpg (broken link)

Old 01-03-2007, 08:13 PM

1,155 posts, read 3,333,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdbeard5 View Post
When I first saw this thread I was looking forward to seeing other peoples tats. I have no pics now, I'll post them as soon as I can gets some pics taken. I currently have 8 and plan on more

On my left arm (1/4 sleeve) I have 3:
1 - a Native American design with a silhouette of the "End of the Trail" statue with 5 feathers.

2 - 2 club related tattoos.

On my right arm (3/4 sleeve) I have 4:
1 - An American eagle carrying a blue/black ribbon in its talons that signifies the "thin, blue line" of police officers killed in the line of duty.

2 - A iron cross surrounded by flames with a modified Irish Claddagh memorializing a brother in my club, and Chicago police officer, killed last year leaving a fundraiser in Indiana we held for a fallen officers family.

3 - An aerial view of the National Law Enforcement Memorial's walking tour map on my elbow. (I know it sounds odd but you'd have to see it to understand)

4 - A fiery skull that represents a friend/co-worker killed in the line of duty. I'm adding a second mirror image for my other friend/co-worker killed during the same incident with their badge numbers and the date of the end of their watch in in between. (I'll have this finished by the end of the month)

On my right calf - the Rose & Shield logo of the National Law Enforcement Memorial.

Let's keep the ink slingin'!
Dude, I know. I started this thread to share pics and tattoo stories. I along with a few others have posted some of are pics and others have shared what kind of tats they're looking to get. I had no idea that it would get hijacked. So lets try to make this thread the tattoo thread it should have been from the get. Please post your pics. Thanks!!

Old 01-03-2007, 08:14 PM

1,155 posts, read 3,333,172 times
[quote=Muhnay;247727]Me and My tat. I have 2 others.. My Social Secuirty Number, and protective charm. I plan on getting more.QUOTE]

Nice cross!

Where on your body is the SS# tat?

Old 01-04-2007, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
Me and My tat. I have 2 others.. My Social Secuirty Number, and protective charm. I plan on getting more.
Very nice!! The tat is beautiful, and... ummmm... you aren't so bad yourself. So, is the SS# tattoo in case your body can't be identified? If so, that's kind of morbid but logical at the same time.

Old 01-04-2007, 01:00 AM

Quote:
I ride a motorcycle, am a member of a motorcycle club and have numerous tattoos. So I get the "looks, whispers and judgements" all the time. What the narrow minded people that don't know about me is that I am also a Sergeant with a major metropolitan police department. I find it ironic that the people that would give me the "looks, whispers and judgements" when I'm off duty would be the same people that would greet me with open arms in a emergency situation.
Amen... and LOL! As I've mentioned before, my sister works for the police department (as a lawyer/analyst), and many of her officers are tattooed. Personally, I think there's nothing hotter than an inked man in uniform - double whammy!

All of the people who judge will eat those words, when a tattooed doctor, firefighter, paramedic, cop, etc., saves their lives. You'd think society would become less judgemental over time, but it seems they just find something new to gripe about. It's really sad...

Quote:
Judge away because I could give a rat's a$$ what anyone thinks about me! My best friend can't stand tattoos, while he looks at me and shakes his head he knows he can count on me for anything and vice-versa.
See? That's what I said earlier to "LoveBoating"... a true friend/loved one doesn't have to like everything you do, but nothing changes how much they care. My parents hate tattoos, and it hasn't made them love me any less.

Quote:
I look forward to seeing pictures! You all are making me itch for more ink... and after every one, I say "that was the last"!

Old 01-04-2007, 08:52 AM

1,093 posts, read 3,795,779 times
Quote:
I would like to see a picture of that. My brother is a police officer and I plan on getting a tattoo for him if... I am not even going to say it.
I gotta get pics of my tats tonight. I will try to do that they are all tiny.. I WANT MORE!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty