Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2017, 11:22 AM

4,861 posts, read 9,319,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
LMAO, that was funny. And I have worn ankle boots with dresses/skirts. It's either that or wear sneakers to travel to work and change into flats when I get there. My feet hurt too much to wear flats standing on the train or walking on city sidewalks, so I just put the boots on and wear them rather than carry a pair of shoes. Choices.

I am past the age where I worry about what anyone thinks of my footwear.
I should have specified that I didn't mean functional ankle boots like one wears to avoid walking in snow or rain between destinations, that's understandable. I was referring to those pointy toed booties that end right at the ankle bone worn with a short skirt. I've seen people like Taylor Swift wear this look for fashion and even on someone as slender as her her feet end up looking like big hooves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2017, 11:31 AM

13,480 posts, read 8,400,043 times
Pleated jeans and frizzy, permed hair.

And denim overalls (unless you are a lumberjack or a farmer).

Old 11-22-2017, 11:46 AM

88,648 posts, read 84,943,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canudigit View Post
I should have specified that I didn't mean functional ankle boots like one wears to avoid walking in snow or rain between destinations, that's understandable. I was referring to those pointy toed booties that end right at the ankle bone worn with a short skirt. I've seen people like Taylor Swift wear this look for fashion and even on someone as slender as her her feet end up looking like big hooves.
No, no, I wear the short ankle booties with skirts. I'm not worrying particularly about walking in rain or snow--just walking. If I wear dress flats for the office, standing on a train for 25 minutes swaying back and forth, then walking 12 minutes through a train station and down over city sidewalks to the office is going to come back to haunt me at night when I lie down and my feet cramp up. Flats just don't have the support in them for commuting. And then, my job often requires that I go to meetings and events, so now we're talking about going up and down subway stairs, standing on more trains, walking on more sidewalks. The booties give the support I need.

I do keep a pair of flats under my desk for those days when I will wear sneakers in, but if a meeting or event is at the end of the day, then I'm carrying sneakers in a bag to a meeting or a dinner. The boots work for both office and commuting/traveling through the city, and they look OK--but maybe a little like hooves to some people.

Old 11-22-2017, 12:17 PM

4,236 posts, read 6,919,715 times
Yeledaf: im not really sure if that was just sarcasm or intended to prove a point. No one is talking about head to toe thick banded horizontal stripes.

Old 11-22-2017, 02:54 PM

13,409 posts, read 28,752,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
No, no, I wear the short ankle booties with skirts. I'm not worrying particularly about walking in rain or snow--just walking. If I wear dress flats for the office, standing on a train for 25 minutes swaying back and forth, then walking 12 minutes through a train station and down over city sidewalks to the office is going to come back to haunt me at night when I lie down and my feet cramp up. Flats just don't have the support in them for commuting. And then, my job often requires that I go to meetings and events, so now we're talking about going up and down subway stairs, standing on more trains, walking on more sidewalks. The booties give the support I need.

I do keep a pair of flats under my desk for those days when I will wear sneakers in, but if a meeting or event is at the end of the day, then I'm carrying sneakers in a bag to a meeting or a dinner. The boots work for both office and commuting/traveling through the city, and they look OK--but maybe a little like hooves to some people.
To each his own I guess, I like the booties with a skirt and don't think peoples feet look like hooves

Old 11-22-2017, 06:28 PM

1,478 posts, read 1,516,737 times
I can’t stand the high heels that have the stripper style platform at the front, and I hate that they’re still considered acceptable footwear by some of the high end designers. I think they’re super tacky and nasty.

Old 11-22-2017, 08:59 PM

692 posts, read 1,005,740 times
Pretty much everything shown on the people of walmart site.

Old 11-22-2017, 09:19 PM

3,179 posts, read 2,136,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Oh yeah, that's a good one! I have a thin male colleague who's always (unintentionally) showing his crack, and I told him once that I'm gonna start tossing coins in there... so now when I see that, I just make a "ch-ching" sound and he pulls them up, lol.

ROTF! Good one.

Old 11-22-2017, 09:50 PM

10,915 posts, read 7,420,904 times
pretty much everything I own, I suspect.
But I like it, and don't care what the fashion cops think.

Old 11-22-2017, 09:50 PM

2,913 posts, read 2,054,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Oh yeah, that's a good one! I have a thin male colleague who's always (unintentionally) showing his crack, and I told him once that I'm gonna start tossing coins in there... so now when I see that, I just make a "ch-ching" sound and he pulls them up, lol.
Be careful....he may come back 25 years from now and say you "sexually harassed" him....smh

jk....but kinda serious considering the news nowadays...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty