Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2017, 07:45 PM

1,795 posts, read 1,881,788 times

Advertisements

Jesus had a beard
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2017, 08:28 PM

47 posts, read 315,646 times
Look at good looking actors in Hollywood who decide to grow beards every once in a while, even the ones who have good beard genetics, look ten times better when they are clean shaven. If you have a patchy beard, is even worse, why would you try to make yourself less attractive?

Biggest example of this, is Keanu Reeves. He looks like a hobo with his patchy beard.

Look at Brad Pitt, considered one of the best looking man alive, he looks terrible with a beard, so how can you, an average guy, expect to look good with a beard. The only way you are going to look better with a beard than clean shaven, is if you have imperfections in your face, such as a weak jaw or double chin, scars, etc. The beard will disguise these, thus, making you look better.

That doesn't mean every guy looks better with beard, not even Brad Pitt looks better with a beard, is just YOU.

Hence the saying that beard is like makeup for men lol

I've done the full beard look, goatee and clean shaven. I get the most attention and looks from the opposite sex when I'm clean shaving, not only that, it makes you less threatening or intimidating, more friendly looking. Many guys like myself, already have masculine facial features, which gives you the serious brooding look, if you add a beard to your face, it makes you look more intimidating.

Old 01-29-2017, 09:17 PM

26,832 posts, read 22,611,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanderbiltgrad View Post
Jesus had a beard
Did you talk to him personally lately?

Old 01-29-2017, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mideto View Post
Look at good looking actors in Hollywood who decide to grow beards every once in a while, even the ones who have good beard genetics, look ten times better when they are clean shaven. If you have a patchy beard, is even worse, why would you try to make yourself less attractive?

Biggest example of this, is Keanu Reeves. He looks like a hobo with his patchy beard.

Look at Brad Pitt, considered one of the best looking man alive, he looks terrible with a beard, so how can you, an average guy, expect to look good with a beard. The only way you are going to look better with a beard than clean shaven, is if you have imperfections in your face, such as a weak jaw or double chin, scars, etc. The beard will disguise these, thus, making you look better.

That doesn't mean every guy looks better with beard, not even Brad Pitt looks better with a beard, is just YOU.

Hence the saying that beard is like makeup for men lol

I've done the full beard look, goatee and clean shaven. I get the most attention and looks from the opposite sex when I'm clean shaving, not only that, it makes you less threatening or intimidating, more friendly looking. Many guys like myself, already have masculine facial features, which gives you the serious brooding look, if you add a beard to your face, it makes you look more intimidating.
^
I'm glad someone understands it all)))
What I find even worse in this respect, is this whole "stubble" look.
Man has to be REALLY good looking, with great facial structure and have that certain aura about him, in order to pull this look off. Otherwise nothing "cool" about it.

Old 01-29-2017, 09:40 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,479,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanderbiltgrad View Post
Jesus had a beard
LOL.

Old 01-29-2017, 09:41 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,479,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonepa View Post
Were I work in Seattle all the men have beards, and many of the ladies. May be a PNW thing.
Ha!

Old 01-29-2017, 10:05 PM

4,215 posts, read 4,471,862 times
Best beard ever (Steve Reeves as Hercules)

I agree with OP on the young guys with "Duck Dynasty" like beards. Looks stupid IMO.
Untrimmed bushy stringy hair beards look ridiculous - especially with a total shaved head on top.

The Amish are best at the stringy beard look - as it is expected.

Personally, I wear goatee for about 2-3 months in cold weather and trim it weekly. I once let my facial hair grow out full around age thirty and it makes me look to much like a terrorist and I don't care to get profiled .

Old 01-29-2017, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciceropolo View Post

I agree with OP on the young guys with "Duck Dynasty" like beards. Looks stupid IMO.
Untrimmed bushy stringy hair beards look ridiculous - especially with a total shaved head on top.

Personally, I wear goatee for about 2-3 months in cold weather and trim it weekly. I once let my facial hair grow out full around age thirty and it makes me look to much like a terrorist and I don't care to get profiled .

Pause for a moment and think why muslims have tendency to wear beards.
And yes, men SHOULD wear beards.
Bushy, trimmed or untrimmed, or goatees - whatever they are pleased with.
This used to bring me certain information about any man right away, as in "nope, not interested."

And I would strongly advise women against making their men to shave their beards.
Yes, they might comply ON A SURFACE, but deep inside they will be missing them. Because they make them who they really are.
So either like him and accept him with that beard or not.

Old 01-30-2017, 04:07 AM

6,780 posts, read 5,502,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mideto View Post
It seems every douchebag is growing a beard just to grow a beard, as if the act of having facial hair defines what it means to be a man. Growing a beard does not in any way automatically grant you some magical gift of manly toughness. And just because a man is clean shaven doesn’t mean he’s any less of a man.

I swear, I can go to Walmart, the mall, a convenience store and at least 90% of guys have a beard. Most of them are patchy, don't have the right density and coverage and it simply does not suit them, it looks terrible. Yet, in their minds, they are convinced or better put, deluded that they look more handsome, more alpha, macho, masculine, etc. lmao

Notice how the "bearded" men, are the first ones to make fun of guys who shave, and call them, girls or boys, or even worse, make fun of guys who cannot grow beards. It comes from insecurity, low self esteem and feelings of inadequacy. This bearded fella doesn't realize the fact that he makes fun of clean shaven men, proves that he is insecure, which is not a manly quality.

A modern guy between 18 and 30 years old? You can bet he has some facial hair going. Almost, as if is a given. They grow their beards to prove their manliness, but it is actually having the opposite effect now.

This happens when everyone follows the same trend, it loses its appeal, it becomes a negative thing. Imagine if achieving a muscular ripped body was as easy as taking a pill, every schmook down the street would look like a fitness model, and it would completely lose the appeal it has on society, women, media, etc.

Many men say that they look better with a beard. If you look better with a beard, then I'm sorry, but it means you are ugly. The beard is covering imperfections in your face, such as double chin, recessive chin, weak jaw, scars, acne spots, fat cheeks, etc. You're basically saying "I look better with a third of my face covered"
If God had intended men's faces to be as smooth as a newborn baby's bottom, He'd have made them that way!!!!

My Beard does NOT define me as a man, it is simply like the underarm hair, chest hair, crotch hair, leg hair and head hair I have...IT GROWS WHETHER I WANT IT TO OR NOT! I just choose to NOT shave it off...I don't see you complaining about hairy chests! {Or is that your next post? "Guy's whose chest hair sticks out of their shirts"? or Worse yet... the Bare hairy chested guys at the beach"??}

I DO agree that unkempt beards or beards down to the belly button are a little distasteful, but it grows whether they want it to or not.

DOn't you have something better to complain about?

This post must be by either a female of a male who CAN'T GROW a decent beard.

If you are female, I assume you must be a perfect size 2 {NO excess fat}, no cellulite, have proportionate breasts, NATURAL hair color and wear NO makeup???? IF not...WHAT are YOU covering up like you complain about men with beards???

Men HAVE BEARDS. GET USED TO IT. It, like breasts on women, distinguishes the male of the species from the female.

Old 01-30-2017, 04:08 AM

47 posts, read 315,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ciceropolo View Post

He is better looking than 99% of men and has basically perfect beard genetics, where there are no patches at all and has it nicely trimmed and lined, od course he is going to look good, not because of the beard though, but his face lmao

The average guy is better off being clean shaven, unless you have big ass double chin or a really weak chin or jaw, then the beard will help you, in fact, it may be the only way you could look remotely masculine
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty