Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2017, 06:12 AM

16,421 posts, read 12,515,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by double6's View Post
to call anyone a douchebag because of how they look makes you the douchebag..
Bears repeating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2017, 07:06 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,122,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mideto View Post
It seems every douchebag is growing a beard just to grow a beard, as if the act of having facial hair defines what it means to be a man. Growing a beard does not in any way automatically grant you some magical gift of manly toughness. And just because a man is clean shaven doesn’t mean he’s any less of a man.

I swear, I can go to Walmart, the mall, a convenience store and at least 90% of guys have a beard. Most of them are patchy, don't have the right density and coverage and it simply does not suit them, it looks terrible. Yet, in their minds, they are convinced or better put, deluded that they look more handsome, more alpha, macho, masculine, etc. lmao

Notice how the "bearded" men, are the first ones to make fun of guys who shave, and call them, girls or boys, or even worse, make fun of guys who cannot grow beards. It comes from insecurity, low self esteem and feelings of inadequacy. This bearded fella doesn't realize the fact that he makes fun of clean shaven men, proves that he is insecure, which is not a manly quality.

A modern guy between 18 and 30 years old? You can bet he has some facial hair going. Almost, as if is a given. They grow their beards to prove their manliness, but it is actually having the opposite effect now.

This happens when everyone follows the same trend, it loses its appeal, it becomes a negative thing. Imagine if achieving a muscular ripped body was as easy as taking a pill, every schmook down the street would look like a fitness model, and it would completely lose the appeal it has on society, women, media, etc.

Many men say that they look better with a beard. If you look better with a beard, then I'm sorry, but it means you are ugly. The beard is covering imperfections in your face, such as double chin, recessive chin, weak jaw, scars, acne spots, fat cheeks, etc. You're basically saying "I look better with a third of my face covered"
Douchebag? Seems you had a bad experience with a guy with a beard. Or is it hormonal envy? LOL!

Old 01-29-2017, 07:29 AM

6,112 posts, read 3,925,140 times
Quote:
Where did I say that I cannot grow a beard?

I simply choose to shave, because I look better that way. Why hide a good bone structure?

Lots of guys who have better beard genetics that many bearded fellas, but they choose to shave everyday.
If some guys want to wear beards, let them. If you look as good clean shaven as you claim, then why are you so worked up about this? Surely you should support this beard trend since it helps you stand out from the crowd?

The signals I'm getting are those of someone who is insecure due to a severe case of beard envy.

Old 01-29-2017, 07:46 AM

4,978 posts, read 5,770,618 times
I love a well kept beard on a man. I think it looks good.

Old 01-29-2017, 07:50 AM

2,951 posts, read 2,519,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretchen963 View Post
I like well-trimmed beards, scruff and goatees on men.
I do too. But any thing that looks like pubic hair, should be shaved off.

Last edited by foundapeanut; 01-29-2017 at 08:22 AM..

Old 01-29-2017, 07:55 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,949,984 times
I like most beards, as long as they are trimmed, clean and neat. Just no neck hair, or hair growing wild up into the cheek area. To me, that looks sloppy.

Old 01-29-2017, 08:09 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,198,545 times
Quote:
It seems every douchebag is growing a beard just to grow a beard, as if the act of having facial hair defines what it means to be a man. Growing a beard does not in any way automatically grant you some magical gift of manly toughness. And just because a man is clean shaven doesn’t mean he’s any less of a man....
You saw beards on many, many men in the late Seventies and the early Eighties....and then an era of clean shaven faces.

Take a deep breath, relax...relax...relax and beards will be a thing of the past again.

Such ferocity over something that is going to go the way of Big Hair for women.

Old 01-29-2017, 08:16 AM

4,993 posts, read 5,294,120 times
I find the bearded look odd. That's probably because it is not something we've seen on a regular basis for many decades. I have some pictures of ancestors from the 1800's and early 1900's. Those guys have beards and big mustaches. I have to wonder how long it took to grow those out... Maybe a lifetime. My dad an brothers can't grow a decent beard.

My take on the bearded look is that this is a fashion that will be gone again in a few years. Those guys can go back and look at their pictures and laugh like we have at the pictures from other decades. If the guys are enjoying the look, let them. I won't be the one kissing them anyway. Lol!

Old 01-29-2017, 08:16 AM

8,007 posts, read 10,433,072 times
As a woman, I will chime in. I absolutely HATE beards - well, facial hair in general. Some men can pull off a short beard, but it's not many.

I just think they are horribly unattractive and kind of germ factories. I see people wipe food off of them when eating and then go about their business. On a smooth face (like any smooth service), it's much easier to clean. But there's bacteria hiding in that beard that you're not going to get to without some serious soap and water, especially those ridiculous hipster beards. And if you're not going to shower or do a serious face washing for 12 hours, stuff's going to fester in there. Gross. There was even a study done that proved this to be true.

Old 01-29-2017, 08:24 AM

8,826 posts, read 15,324,401 times
Other than on some MLB players, Oma daily life basis I haven't noticed any increase in the number of men with beards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty