Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 09:54 AM

859 posts, read 3,322,182 times

Advertisements

Last year I got 5...

I am aiming for the same this year I think.

I think anymore would be out of control for me, but I do know a lot of people who get double or triple that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2008, 10:18 AM

5,244 posts, read 4,709,807 times
I used to get a lot but now the $ goes to the kiddos and my hubby convinced me to go with one nice expensive purse and be done with it. BUT lately, I feel I have to fall off the wagon and get another purse. Yes, the purses I have are expensive but they are older styles, and now we don't have all that $ to spend on one expensive purse...What kind of purse do you have?

Last edited by therewego; 01-19-2008 at 10:18 AM.. Reason: left off words

Old 01-20-2008, 07:21 AM

859 posts, read 3,322,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by therewego View Post
I used to get a lot but now the $ goes to the kiddos and my hubby convinced me to go with one nice expensive purse and be done with it. BUT lately, I feel I have to fall off the wagon and get another purse. Yes, the purses I have are expensive but they are older styles, and now we don't have all that $ to spend on one expensive purse...What kind of purse do you have?
I buy mostly Coach...the quality and price is good for my life style. And I like the variety in colors you can buy b/c I love switching bags a lot.

Then I have a few other random pieces: Fendi, LV, Michael Kors, LovCat...but Coach out numbers the rest.

How about u?

Old 01-20-2008, 07:23 AM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times
usually 2 or 3, but I have a lot from past years collections. It just depends if I see something I gotta have.

Old 01-20-2008, 10:22 AM

625 posts, read 3,636,011 times
Last year I bought about 8. I like to switch them alot and then I give them away if I am honestly over the style.

Old 01-21-2008, 02:37 AM

253 posts, read 1,107,148 times
Thumbs up Same here

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
usually 2 or 3, but I have a lot from past years collections. It just depends if I see something I gotta have.

I love shopping past collections too. How many purses I get per year really depends on the year & what I want. Last yr I think I got 4? The year b4 that maybe 6? But the yr b4 I think I got a lot more. I think like 10 . It was a very good yearRight now I am targeting certain designers b/c I have a very wide variety of purses that I like from designers that I like so now it has to be something I gotta have or I have to be in the wrong (right) place with the CC handy I tend to shop on a whim. Its a way for me to surprise myself I go to my favorite designer stores & let the items "speak" to me. Often when I head out shopping I don't know what I will buy. Sometimes i set out to buy a fabulous dress & I'll see some Jimmy choos & a Dior purse that begs me to take them w/ me. Sometimes the opposite occurs. Me being the kind soul that I am I hate to see designer apparel misplaced w/ out a proper home So of course I oblige.

Old 01-21-2008, 02:44 AM

5,826 posts, read 9,609,504 times
I've carried the same purse for 9 years. I refuse to partake of the throw-away mentality. I wear clothes until I can't patch them any more and then I use them as wash rags or incorporate them into quilts or sew them into pillows or pillow cases or sew bits and pieces together to make throws for colder weather.

I never understood why someone would buy a purse when there is nothing wrong with the one they have.

Old 01-21-2008, 03:26 AM

Default I like to have a variety

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceT View Post
I've carried the same purse for 9 years. I refuse to partake of the throw-away mentality. I wear clothes until I can't patch them any more and then I use them as wash rags or incorporate them into quilts or sew them into pillows or pillow cases or sew bits and pieces together to make throws for colder weather.

I never understood why someone would buy a purse when there is nothing wrong with the one they have.

I feel that purses can be used as excellent accessories to compliment an outfit. For many folks fashion is a means of expressing themselves. Often my mood or the occasion dictates what I wear & my purse & shoes are a perfect compliment of that. Just like you can imagine someone buying a variety of clothing. I find it hard to imagine that someone would be ok with wearing tattered overly worn clothing. I mean I will wear such items if I am cleaning or a similar type of activity but in some scenarios it is highly inappropiate. For example if you are going on a job interview or to certain establishments. To me I feel in those types of scenarios where it really counts that no one should be "proud" of wearing beat up items. JMO but I feel that even when people say they don't size folks up in these superficial ways they in fact do. You never get a 2nd chance to make a 1st impression.

Old 01-21-2008, 03:40 AM

5,826 posts, read 9,609,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calibound-Yorkiemom View Post
I feel that purses can be used as excellent accessories to compliment an outfit. For many folks fashion is a means of expressing themselves. Often my mood or the occasion dictates what I wear & my purse & shoes are a perfect compliment of that. Just like you can imagine someone buying a variety of clothing. I find it hard to imagine that someone would be ok with wearing tattered overly worn clothing. I mean I will wear such items if I am cleaning or a similar type of activity but in some scenarios it is highly inappropiate. For example if you are going on a job interview or to certain establishments. To me I feel in those types of scenarios where it really counts that no one should be "proud" of wearing beat up items. JMO but I feel that even when people say they don't size folks up in these superficial ways they in fact do. You never get a 2nd chance to make a 1st impression.
Where did I say my clothes were tattered? I must have missed that.

Where did I say that my purse doesn't blend well with me?

Job interview? I'm retired. "You never get a 2nd chance to make a 1st impression." I left that in the dust my last day of work.

Old 01-21-2008, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceT View Post
I wear clothes until I can't patch them any more.
That statement gave me a vison of not too appealing of an outfit. IMO I like to put my best foot forward in eveything I do. Part of that for me is looking my best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty