Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2015, 05:03 PM

18,544 posts, read 18,814,679 times

Advertisements

I cant find things in a slouchy style back... my daughter gave me one of hers , a lovely soft leather but its a nightmare and i never use it... I like compartments..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2015, 05:04 PM

50,429 posts, read 64,199,369 times
Great question. I love my purse to be organized with a compartment for everything. I also do not like a purse that weighs a ton before you put anything in it (*cough* Coach). No fake leather, but proudly cloth is OK.

Old 02-02-2015, 06:48 PM

17,154 posts, read 12,997,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Great question. I love my purse to be organized with a compartment for everything. I also do not like a purse that weighs a ton before you put anything in it (*cough* Coach). No fake leather, but proudly cloth is OK.
I don't like too many compartments. Too many compartments remind me of those two call center jobs I had where thousands of employees were shoved into identical tiny cubicles I'd rather have one big hole with a few pockets. I hear ya on the Coach thing. I'm not a designer label girl, but I do have one Coach purse that doesn't have all those stupid Cs on it. I got it as a gift, and although it's pretty, it weighs a ton even empty, so it's not my go-to bag.

Old 02-02-2015, 06:55 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,429,682 times
Slouchy bags seem to look sloppy...to some that's casual, but that's not my definition. Also, unstructured bags are completely unorganized - they tend to have no compartments or pockets - you just dump everything in...I hate that!

Old 02-02-2015, 08:04 PM

2,633 posts, read 4,060,836 times
My purse depends on my function. I have an array of both. For casual occasions, I use slouchy purses, for less casual, then I'd use structured.

I try to minimize what I carry by always carrying a wristlet with my necessities: cards, currency, lip balm, lotion, pen, small pad of paper, and phone, with keys attached. If I need a bigger bag, I'll slide it into a tote, hobo or satchel, which gives me the option to "switch" or "minimize" later on, so I'm not always carrying the (same) larger bag.

Old 02-02-2015, 08:07 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,944,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
I don't like too many compartments. Too many compartments remind me of those two call center jobs I had where thousands of employees were shoved into identical tiny cubicles I'd rather have one big hole with a few pockets. I hear ya on the Coach thing. I'm not a designer label girl, but I do have one Coach purse that doesn't have all those stupid Cs on it. I got it as a gift, and although it's pretty, it weighs a ton even empty, so it's not my go-to bag.
Same here! I feel like I lose everything because I forget what compartment it is in. My current bag today has a zip on the back I throw my phone in and then there are 3 slip pockets inside. I use one for keys, one for pens and one for my small wallet/card holder.

I have some different pouches and such in the main one to keep the other stuff organized and make it easy to switch bags.

Old 02-02-2015, 09:55 PM

3,308 posts, read 3,045,288 times
I don't care either way, so long as it is large enough to hold a file folder, my dayplanner and my Kindle.

Old 02-02-2015, 10:10 PM

5,336 posts, read 8,564,364 times
I don't carry a purse during the work week. I was finding that I had to carry a purse, then an extra bag to carry other stuff like a water bottle, some lunch, file folders, etc.

I found this completely awesome tote bag on zappos and now its become my default purse even on the weekends. During the work week, I keep all my regular purse stuff in it, but then can throw in lunch, water bottle, etc. I don't have a tablet but this bag would hold one perfectly. For weekends, I do have a couple of nicer bags if I don't want a super casual look, though.

http://www.zappos.com/mosey-gatitote-platinum

Old 02-02-2015, 11:48 PM

2,898 posts, read 6,360,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
Those of us who choose larger purses generally do so for good reasons, especially if we have been carrying purses for for decades, because we know what works for us.
You're absolutely right. I carried larger bags in the many years I spent racing around Boston/NYC public transit. Long rides on multiple trains & busses (sometimes 3 changes each way) in unpredictable weather also meant long hours away from home. A book, Walkman & thermos or 2 (1 for food, 1 for drink), umbrella (it's always raining/snowing/sleeting or about to), gloves, scarf, small snacks, just for a start... all are necessities in bitterly cold New England, when leaving the house at 6am & not returning 'til after 7pm. The tiny purse girls were always starving & freezing... I like to be prepared.

Old 02-03-2015, 01:43 AM

18,544 posts, read 18,814,679 times
I got two lovely bags at Xmas.. but they only have two handles and I prefer a shoulder style to get it out the way... both are lovely though but a bag is like shoes I think and should fit that person.. in style, size material and ease... I hate bags that bang into poeple in shops.. I just gave a lovely bag away to a friend as it was too big and had sharp corners and all I did was apologise for digging into people... I have a lovely Fiorelli bag Im using at the moment with an outside zip compartment and three areas inside , I need this type of bag as im not the best organised of people.. and need to know where my phone is if it goes off..I dont tend to carry a lot in my bag nowadays as Ive had two bags stolen with lots of personal things iike photographs and letters in .. so I go as minimal as possible now with what I carry .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty