Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2015, 07:30 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,252,744 times

Advertisements

Fossil Morgan Traveler| FOSSIL&reg Handbags

This would be my new bad, if I could just go out an buy anything. I love Fossil bags! I have a similar, not the same, bag for winter in a beautiful deep blue green. I just love it. I have carried in the winter happily since I bought it in Feb 2013.

So, I guess I like a little structure, but I don't like a box like bag. Some of the newer styles are like bags I remember from the late 1960s. But I carry my bags on my shoulder or crossbody, and so for day to day, I prefer a medium sized, shaped bag, rather than slouchy or structured.

I wish I could get away with a small bag, but it doesn't seem that I can!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2015, 07:39 PM

4,978 posts, read 5,788,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Docendo discimus View Post

I'm so glad I'm a woman and can carry a bag around everyday.
I don't understand how men can go through life without a man equivalent of a purse or work tote.
Well, I guess they have less crap to carry (e.g., no tampon case, lol).
I am a woman and I HATE HATE HATE purses! I put whatever I need into a pocket and go.

Old 02-01-2015, 09:35 PM

22,918 posts, read 6,457,565 times
I like purses with lots of zippered pockets.

Old 02-01-2015, 10:29 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,696,989 times
I don't ever carry a large handbag...they tend to accumulate too much unnecessary stuff. My ideal size holds my keys, necessary cards/ID, phone, lip balm, a few feminine care product as needed, and that's really it. If I've got something going on where I need to carry more things, I'm just throwing it all, purse included, into a messenger bag.

I also dislike purses that are clutches or have handles. A strap is required, preferably one long enough to function crossbody comfortably.

Old 02-01-2015, 10:32 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,696,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
Fossil Morgan Traveler| FOSSIL&reg Handbags

This would be my new bad, if I could just go out an buy anything. I love Fossil bags! I have a similar, not the same, bag for winter in a beautiful deep blue green. I just love it. I have carried in the winter happily since I bought it in Feb 2013.

So, I guess I like a little structure, but I don't like a box like bag. Some of the newer styles are like bags I remember from the late 1960s. But I carry my bags on my shoulder or crossbody, and so for day to day, I prefer a medium sized, shaped bag, rather than slouchy or structured.
That's my ideal style. Not overly structured, more of a tailored pouch.

Old 02-02-2015, 01:20 AM

2,898 posts, read 6,363,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudcaro View Post
I have both kinds. It depends on what I am wearing, and what I need to carry with me.
But if I had to pick just one, then maybe I'd go with structured.
Same here. But, mainly I dislike slouchy as I can't find anything in that kind of bag & seem to spend a lot of time with my hand in a cavernous pit, endlessly, frantically searching for a wallet or keys, which I always think I've lost or left behind.

Old 02-02-2015, 01:25 AM

2,898 posts, read 6,363,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachSalsa View Post
I put whatever I need into a pocket and go.
The annoying thing with much of the clothing I own is there are either small, slanted pockets or none at all. And, I'm too clumsy & forgetful... like the times when I carry just a wallet into a store. Inevitably, I'll accidentally leave it & my keys or cell behind. It's safer for me to have some sort of purse, just so I don't panic that I've lost my credit cards & ID.

Old 02-02-2015, 04:14 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,079,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachSalsa View Post
I am a woman and I HATE HATE HATE purses! I put whatever I need into a pocket and go.
Same here!

And when you look at the majority of needless items in a purse, what's the point of carrying the purse around with you? Maybe some just like it as a fashion piece?

Old 02-02-2015, 04:20 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,440,737 times
I like small structured shoulder bags. I have this one now in black:

I've had this style for years and it suits me well. I hate a big bag and there is no way I want a big logo. I also don't like the pebbled or shiny bags.

Old 02-02-2015, 05:53 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,955,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
I like small structured shoulder bags. I have this one now in black:

I've had this style for years and it suits me well. I hate a big bag and there is no way I want a big logo. I also don't like the pebbled or shiny bags.
I am the opposite. Unless it is evening and i am driving with litte walking, i want a bag big enough for my scarf. I used to hate pebbled leather, but got my dream bag in a structured style with more durable pebbled lesther. The smooth leather made it too fancy fir every day and would show more scratches. I have been going pebbled for my workhorse bags.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty