Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2018, 01:24 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,239,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
As soon as I find something like that, they discontinue it or change it or no longer offer it in my size. Like clockwork.
Yes! The worst is when they decide to make it more profitable by downgrading the quality! They never maje it better!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2018, 05:07 PM

1,769 posts, read 1,237,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Lord. Further deterioration of new clothing to make it look like stuff Goodwill would put in the trash:

For 500 bucks, you can get shoes you wouldn't take to the salvation army. Um, thanks Nordstrum. You really shouldn't have.

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/na.../269-596706589
clara look at these, they're only $1425

Old 09-21-2018, 05:45 PM

876 posts, read 816,340 times
Have we reached Peak Beard? Maybe it's just envy on my part - couldn't grow a full, manly one to save my life.
Hitler Youth haircuts
Ink for every occasion. I can see it if you rounded Cape Horn or actually did something worth memorializing

Last edited by A1eutian; 09-21-2018 at 05:55 PM..

Old 09-21-2018, 06:19 PM

296 posts, read 267,276 times
Beards, not the nicely groomed ones but the ones that make a man look like he could end up on a federal watch list.

Women getting lip injections, yes we can tell, no it's not attractive just stop.

Activewear out for dinner on Saturday night. When the male half is wearing a nice button down and slacks and the female is wearing head to toe Lululemon... Just no.

Old 09-21-2018, 09:57 PM

4,053 posts, read 8,269,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiecta View Post
what? I think the amount of customers they are alienating (because said customers are so offended by someone else's ear gauges that they would refuse to shop there) is pretty small. They are probably saying good riddance.

Ear gauges are not unsanitary nor do they impact the quality of your food. If you want to take your business elsewhere as a result, so be it. But that's on you.
Those ear gauges are just stomach turning to look at. Maybe those cashiers are employed to promote weight loss...but that's another discussion for another thread.

Old 09-22-2018, 02:37 PM

2,537 posts, read 1,877,420 times
Tattoos, body piercings and unusual hair color

Old 09-23-2018, 05:03 AM

4,856 posts, read 5,839,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katenik View Post
Why does it matter that a national corporation is alienating some of its customers by the mutilated appearance of its front-line employees? I can't believe that you have to ask.
Nobody is being alienated, I suspect most of the public is used to ir and ignores them unless they're really huge. It's not mutilation in the slightest, either. That just sounds moronic. Up to a certain size, tbey can close up just like a normal ear ring.

Old 09-23-2018, 05:06 AM

4,856 posts, read 5,839,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by photobuff42 View Post
Those ear gauges are just stomach turning to look at. Maybe those cashiers are employed to promote weight loss...but that's another discussion for another thread.
Oh please...

Old 09-23-2018, 02:45 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,239,305 times
Well, I’ve finally noticed another fashion trend that I deplore. Mostly I have a live and let live attitude about how others present themselves. But I feel like we’ve reached a sort of tipping point.

My granddaughter looks awfully cute in tights and a top. She is six years old and adorable. Grandmas do not look adorable in tights and a tee shirt. We just don’t. Tights and knee length dress—sure. Long generous top covering bum and tummy, yeah, OK. Tights and tee? Not unless Grandma is tiny and fit.

Sorry, but as a Grandma myself, I think the tights thing is understandable but fraught with problems for us older women with generous hips and tummies. I don’t think ungainly is a good look for anyone.

I am posting this, having decided I can wear tights with a denim dress I bought. So, I do think tights are options for us older women. But the vast majority of us need more coverage than a tee shirt.

That’s my controversial fashion opinion for today.

Old 09-24-2018, 04:56 AM

4,067 posts, read 2,154,288 times
Years ago I thought ponchos were ridiculous---but the cold shoulder look has become my new poncho! Surely this will fade soon. I just don't think it adds anything to the look of the garment or shows off a body feature. It just shows a patch of skin on the upper arm! I guess it gets me going because it shows how people can become sheeple. I don't think all these people ever woke up pining to expose that portion of skin---just a clothing manufacturer did it---some people jumped on it because of the novelty so more manufacturers started to do it and more people buy it...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty