Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 05:27 PM

10,855 posts, read 6,384,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
This thread is an indication of nothing but the fact that women who don't wear any/much makeup to begin with are likely to respond to a thread titled, "How long can you go to without makeup."
^This.

The only cosmetics I've worn regularly are lipstick with lip gloss underneath.
Only bother with it when I go out, don't put it on when staying home.
Maybe once a month I paint my nails. Don't own/use other make-up.
To answer OP's question, I can go a few days without, and what little I apply is slight/minimal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2014, 05:42 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,948,345 times
I think it would be harder to give up nail polish. My toes aren't as cute without some color!

Old 07-31-2014, 07:41 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,383,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Forever. I'm fine with my natural face. I'm also fine with it with makeup. But I run around town all the time with a naked face, and it doesn't bother me in the least. I'm 37, and my face is what it is. It's fine, I have nice skin. My coloring is rather pale, so my eyes, etc. aren't as defined without makeup, but I still look just fine.

I'm completely comfortable without makeup, even though I know I can make myself up to look quite striking, and do, when the event warrants it. I would not have said this when I was 17. Not many would.

I don't like the feel of heavy makeup, so I don't wear it.

For me, "made up" is a touch of eyeliner and some lightweight cheek stain.
This. But my complexion is more olive than fair.

Old 07-31-2014, 07:43 PM

2,945 posts, read 5,001,402 times
I could go about 3 weeks if on vacation or having nowhere pressing to go (event, church, etc).

If my skin was more even I'd go forever without it. I sometime feel I look prettier without it then hyperpigmentation flares and I need the consistency of one tone to my face and not dark patches here, light here looking like the surface of the moon.

Old 07-31-2014, 08:05 PM

102,259 posts, read 108,238,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoldnorthstate View Post
I am 63 and have only just started needing to wear make up because my hair has faded to a blondish silver color which leaves me very pale and a little rusty ginger remains. I need the color of even more make up than I like.
I think makeup is mainly for older people, if they're getting dark circles under the eyes, and so forth. Unless someone has blemishes when young, there's no need for makeup.

Old 08-03-2014, 10:01 AM

6,143 posts, read 7,568,999 times
I have cut back on the amount of makeup I wear over the last few years. I never wore a lot of it, but I would usually at least wear foundation and powder every day. I just don't feel the need to wear it as much anymore, and I'm okay without it, even though my skin isn't always clear and even. Now I usually just wear a tinted moisturizer and a little powder and bronzer. If it's a special occasion, I will wear lip gloss. I don't wear eye makeup anymore.

I haven't used anything in a couple weeks, because I got a cut on my face. Makeup will help to cover the scar, I guess.

Old 08-09-2014, 12:17 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,834,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I think makeup is mainly for older people, if they're getting dark circles under the eyes, and so forth. Unless someone has blemishes when young, there's no need for makeup.
I see the exact opposite pattern. The women I see most likely to be using makeup in 2014 are young. Young and pretty i might add. Many would say they don't need makeup yet they use it anyway because they know it looks good and adds to the beauty advantage they already have.

It's the middle aged and older women I see who don't wear makeup. Like many on this thread I would guess most did wear makeup when they were younger.

Since the city I am living in is 50% Hispanic I also can't help but notice Hispanic women are more likely to wear makeup than white women, once again especially young women. They love makeup and most don't seem to leave the house without it. They wear those fake eyelashes that I think look sexy as hell! Count me in as a huge fan of those.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty