Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2014, 09:22 AM

1,106 posts, read 1,163,088 times

Advertisements

I have never worn makeup either. I am in my mid-30s. I am lucky to have pretty good skin, and eye makeup has always irritated my eyes. I have worn tinted lip balm for the past couple of years.
It is unimaginable to think of it being such a big deal to go without it!
I am fairly happy with my appearance and always have been. I am no model but I also value my brain over my looks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2014, 09:48 AM

3,308 posts, read 4,557,236 times
Is she not supposed to have make up on in that picture? Because to me it looks like she does. If she doesn't, God blessed her tenfold.

Old 07-25-2014, 09:52 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,345,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneye4detail View Post
Is she not supposed to have make up on in that picture? Because to me it looks like she does. If she doesn't, God blessed her tenfold.
She does look like she has makeup on..... mascara at the least.

Old 07-25-2014, 10:01 AM

487 posts, read 748,094 times
I wear a mascara and define my brows a little. Regarding face makeup (powders, foundations, blush, etc.) a couple of times a year I'll put on some lipstick and a bit of blush - if it's a fancy affair.

Old 07-25-2014, 10:20 AM

1,242 posts, read 1,688,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneye4detail View Post
She said no makeup, photoshop is still in full effect

Old 07-25-2014, 11:10 AM

5,132 posts, read 4,481,664 times
Indefinitely. I don't need makeup and look fine without it: even-toned skin; dark eyebrows; large eyes; good features.

However, I like it. I like the polished and defined look that a bit of makeup gives. So if I'm going out, I wear at least powder, mascara and lipstick. Men always ask me why I wear makeup since the end result is not appreciably different from not wearing it. But I can see the difference and I like it.

Old 07-25-2014, 11:24 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,105,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
She does look like she has makeup on..... mascara at the least.
I agree - plus she has on some tinted lip gloss. That is in fact the type makeup I wear - just a bit to define my eyes and tinted lip gloss. I no longer wear any foundations or powders on my skin, even when I go out, although if my tan has faded I might add a drop of gel blush. I am 64.

Old 07-25-2014, 12:05 PM

291 posts, read 392,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nezlie View Post
This 20 year old has gone over 200 days..... yes, she's closing in on one year. Look at her pic..... hard to believe, isn't it?

What's the longest you've ever gone?

She says that every girl, no matter what they look like, is typically unhappy with her appearance. Interesting little article.

https://www.yahoo.com/beauty/would-y...654012109.html

LOL. I live in Seattle. I am at a cafe right now. There are six other women I'm guessing between 24 and 50 and none of us is wearing makeup and I'm guessing none of us has for several days if not weeks, months, years...

Old 07-25-2014, 12:35 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,356,098 times
This is funny, because make-up was the topic of discussion for one of the morning radio shows the other day. Specifically, they wanted to know when it was reasonable for girls to start wearing make-up. I happened to be in a local coffee shop at the time, and several customers started talking about it. The consensus was that the girls in our neighborhood don't generally wear it. It struck at that moment that most of their mothers don't either, including me. We're not slobs. We wear fashionable, if casual, clothing and have fashionable haircuts, but we don't wear much in the way of make-up. I really don't know whether we're outliers or if this is the way things are today for most women.

Old 07-25-2014, 02:58 PM

5,132 posts, read 4,481,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
we don't wear much in the way of make-up. I really don't know whether we're outliers or if this is the way things are today for most women.
I think it depends on your location.

Where I live, most women wear some makeup if they're going out. The amount they wear is in proportion to the formality of the occasion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty