Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2014, 11:52 AM

3,158 posts, read 4,616,220 times

Advertisements

Both my daughters look younger than their age , 24 and 27. Look to be teenagers folks are taken back when they find out their adults. I think being small give the appearance of youth plus they never sunbath, they workout and eat healthy, they have very beautiful youthful skin. Our son looks older than his age of 28, he look 30's even tho he workout and eat healthy as well, but he does spend a lot time outdoors in the sun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2014, 12:31 PM

2,600 posts, read 3,700,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCard~ View Post
Both my daughters look younger than their age , 24 and 27. Look to be teenagers folks are taken back when they find out their adults. I think being small give the appearance of youth plus they never sunbath, they workout and eat healthy, they have very beautiful youthful skin. Our son looks older than his age of 28, he look 30's even tho he workout and eat healthy as well, but he does spend a lot time outdoors in the sun.

I have a sister a few years younger than me who looks older because she spends time in tanning beds. I'm very fair complected so don't spend long periods of time in the sun and have never been in a tanning bed. My skin is always one of the first compliments I get.

Old 06-08-2014, 01:00 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,616,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyHappyLucy View Post
I have a sister a few years younger than me who looks older because she spends time in tanning beds. I'm very fair complected so don't spend long periods of time in the sun and have never been in a tanning bed. My skin is always one of the first compliments I get.
Same here, never been a sun bunny myself , never been in a tanning booth, my mom harp on us 5 kids about damaging our skin, especially the face and neck where sun damage show the most. Mom made sure we were covered up, large hat etc..I'm thankful she did, now that I'm older.. She 80 still has lovely skin.

Old 06-08-2014, 01:18 PM

410 posts, read 517,227 times
my mom is 64 years old and she keeps dying her hair black. i keep forgetting how old she really is because the black hair confuses me to think she is younger. she also has alot of energy to do alot of things like workout at the pool and work a job.

Old 06-08-2014, 01:19 PM

48,493 posts, read 97,190,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Retired Now View Post
Why do so many middle aged people think they look young for their age. Nearly everyone I know goes on and on about how young they feel and look and are so proud that they think they look 10 years younger than their real age.

Trouble is most of them really do look their age or even older and are in denial.

Will anyone here actually admit they look like someone their age or even look older than their age?

I will, I look every day of my 62 years of age, and more!
So they all really look their age afterall:OP. People have always seen themselves thus. All theyhave to do is look at a photo when they were ten years younger carefully.

Old 06-08-2014, 02:11 PM

2,547 posts, read 4,247,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bannedontherun View Post
Oh brother Since we're about neck high in BS on this thread, I'll add my two cents. I look a full 30 years younger than my 47. As a matter of fact when I went to get my Sophomore son out of his high school early a week ago, staff ran out to my car and said this is visitors only, student parking is around back.

I don't get it. Why is everyone so sure that everyone ELSE is BSing???
Is it really that inconceivable that some people DO look younger than their age - and these are the people commenting on here? I mean most people who commented aren't just going by their own opinions - they've given many examples of being told so by outsiders and regularly mistaken for being considerably younger. Heck, I knew a girl who was very tiny who went to a restaurant with her fiancee and was brought crayons!! Is that not good enough evidence that they DO actually look younger?

Seriously, I personally don't see the point in posting on a thread just to lie about something like this...if it were a thread about being great drivers, I sure as heck wouldn't post because I'm honest about not being one

Old 06-08-2014, 05:54 PM

2,600 posts, read 3,700,109 times
A lot of people look younger or older than their age, so it really shouldn't be a surprise that many of us think that way about ourselves. I'm a medical transcriptionist and one thing my doctors state all the time is if the patient looks younger or older than stated age.

I'll be 40 in just over a week. Everyone tells me I look a lot younger, but even if I don't then I don't care because I look pretty freakin' good for 40.

Old 06-08-2014, 05:56 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,495,054 times
I am 40 and I actually look younger now than I did in my 20s. In my 20s I had two children and took care of both of my parents and lost both of my parents. I was tired and worn out. IN a bad marriage and depressed.

Your life and the impact of things on your life make a great bit of impact on your outward appearance.

Now, I am happy and no longer depressed. I eat much more healthy than I did years ago.

Lifestyle makes a heck of a difference.

Old 06-08-2014, 06:19 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,282,004 times
I look much older than I am supposed to (21 in reality, but look like I am 36). Is that a bad thing ?

Maybe its because of all the outdoor activity in summer sunlight. I don't explicitly tan, but do spend a lot of time outdoors doing stuff. Perhaps that's what makes me look older. But come on, I cant give up a good hike for just looking younger. Outdoor physical activity makes me "feel" younger, which is what's important. I also never use A/C during the summer, and sweat it out every year for 2 months, but that's because I get dizzy without fresh outside air.

Last edited by Adi from the Brunswicks; 06-08-2014 at 07:14 PM..

Old 06-08-2014, 09:43 PM

164 posts, read 196,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
I look much older than I am supposed to (21 in reality, but look like I am 36). Is that a bad thing ?

Maybe its because of all the outdoor activity in summer sunlight. I don't explicitly tan, but do spend a lot of time outdoors doing stuff. Perhaps that's what makes me look older. But come on, I cant give up a good hike for just looking younger. Outdoor physical activity makes me "feel" younger, which is what's important. I also never use A/C during the summer, and sweat it out every year for 2 months, but that's because I get dizzy without fresh outside air.

Sunscreen everyday and wear a wide brim hat.

I looked a lot older when I was 18-22 too. It's only when I started to take care of myself physically about 5 years ago when people think I look young. I've been a vegan for a while too and now just eat a plant based diet so that probably has to do with it too. Sometimes, it's weight and dress style.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty