Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2014, 10:47 PM

1,311 posts, read 1,698,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
There's nothing wrong with brown eyes. But blue eyes probably are considered more feminine, and that woman could use a more feminine face. Makeup doesn't directly address problems. Maybe it's male fix-it mentality that contributes to male dislike of makeup.
What is "natural" then? Women can wear makeup sensibly and will always be able to take it off preserving their actual features they were born with. Or, they can get plastic surgery, wear colored contacts to change their eye color, get eyelash implants, use Latisse (which btw, turns blue eyes brown), thereby permanently altering their natural appearance.

Which one is it? Women can use a temporary enhancement or they should go under the knife? It seems rather contradictory to complain about makeup and how "unnatural" it is and then advocate for women to go through some surgical procedure...because THAT is natural?

If there are men out there who think women should go under the knife to "fix" their looks, perhaps women are better off without them anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2014, 11:22 PM

6,622 posts, read 4,926,561 times
To me, "natural" is natural-looking, minimal in artificial components, and basically permanent. (No, contacts aren't "natural," and I personally had vision correction surgery to get away from that.) I don't know how other men define "natural."

Old 02-06-2014, 11:43 PM

Your idea of natural is beyond bizarre.

Old 02-07-2014, 06:17 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,700,125 times
Quote:
To me, "natural" is natural-looking, minimal in artificial components, and basically permanent. (No, contacts aren't "natural," and I personally had vision correction surgery to get away from that.) I don't know how other men define "natural."
So....completely fake unless you can notice it right away.

That's your version of 'natural'.

Old 02-07-2014, 10:35 AM

City-Data, the attack forum.

I am allowed to have an opinion, period. Funny how women would suggest that one major corrective change is wrong, yet using smoke-and-mirrors to try to hide the same feature is okay. (As with makeup, surgery starts to become cheating when used in an additive way.)

Old 02-07-2014, 10:53 AM

20,548 posts, read 17,828,270 times
What this proves is that men are from mars and women are from venus.

I understand why women do put on makeup but it's also explains many issues that women face in society today.

Hillary Clinton was criticized once for not putting on makeup to a diplomatic meeting. Some women's rights groups attacked those criticism as being sexist.

I think many women play into it because they rather be social accepted than rebel against it. Another example of this is on social media, some girls were tweeting pics of them with armpit hair. Most women are against the idea of not shaving but they reinforce the social expectation.

Me, personally I'm fine with women not shaving. I know it may seem very unpleasant looking but it's natural and I don't shave my pits so women should not be expected to do so.

Back on topic, in the long run many women run into self esteem issues. When you get to your mid 30s or 40s and the makeup you put on don't seem to make a pro-founding difference than they start feeling depressed and cranky. When even the most gullible guy can tell you're putting on makeup to cover the the imperfections than it all goes downhill there.

Like Pamela Anderson right now, what a train wreck she is now even with make up on. And Lindsay Lohan another big train wreck and she's not even old and the makeup is not able to cover the drug use.

Old 02-07-2014, 11:43 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,700,125 times
Quote:

I am allowed to have an opinion, period. Funny how women would suggest that one major corrective change is wrong, yet using smoke-and-mirrors to try to hide the same feature is okay. (As with makeup, surgery starts to become cheating when used in an additive way.)
Just pointing out a huge flaw in your reasoning hoping that you'll see it too.

I mean, advising someone to have surgery (which has a risk of, ya know, DYING) but being against some foundation and mascara?

That's odd.

Old 02-07-2014, 12:07 PM

I've never heard of anyone dying from eyelash transplantation. Contacts and maybe mascara are actually riskier to health than the latter. From rhinoplasty (nose job) apparently it has happened, but the death rate probably is closer to that of wisdom teeth removal than it is from a facelift or other laborious procedures.

The principle: be your best self (within reason), don't pretend to be your best self.

Old 02-07-2014, 12:14 PM

29,785 posts, read 34,590,200 times
Quote:
I've never heard of anyone dying from eyelash transplantation. Contacts and maybe mascara are actually riskier to health than the latter. From rhinoplasty (nose job) apparently it has happened, but the death rate probably is closer to that of wisdom teeth removal than it is from a facelift or other laborious procedures.

The principle: be your best self (within reason), don't pretend to be your best self.
So fake is good as long as it's permanent?

Old 02-07-2014, 01:24 PM

Quote:

Because plastic surgery isn't smoke and mirrors? No one's attacking. We're attacking because we see the inconsistencies in your logic?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty