Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How often do you use Bar Soap
Daily 72 64.86%
Frequently 5 4.50%
Occasionally 6 5.41%
Rarely 12 10.81%
Never 16 14.41%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2013, 11:38 AM

24,620 posts, read 19,296,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Today was the first time in 2.5 years I made use of Bar soap while taking a shower. I rarely do so, and refer to it as "emergency backup soap" which I use once my mens body wash stash runs empty. I would like to know how often you use Bar Soap while showering. Please feel free to pitch in and share your thoughts.
I use bar soap only.

Retards use "body-wash" which does nothing but wash your money down the drain, resulting in umpteen stupid idiotic threads about the "disappearing Middle Class."

Bar soap is cheaper and lasts longer.

If you're going to do everything the man on TV in the silk suit from Madison Avenue orders you to do, you're going to end up broke.

Frugally...

Mircea
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2013, 11:48 AM

537 posts, read 1,252,984 times
I use Dr. Bronner's liquid soap and 32 oz. will last me at least six months, sometimes more. I use lavendar or peppermint for my body and the tea tree oil as a face wash. I have found that it's extremely cost effective. I tend to use bar soaps like crazy, and I never really felt that clean with them, partially due to how dry I would get.

Old 12-23-2013, 12:04 PM

1,212 posts, read 2,264,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
I use bar soap only.

Retards use "body-wash" which does nothing but wash your money down the drain, resulting in umpteen stupid idiotic threads about the "disappearing Middle Class."

If you're going to do everything the man on TV in the silk suit from Madison Avenue orders you to do, you're going to end up broke.

Frugally...

Mircea
Some of the ingredients in bar soap, even the saponified vegetable oil soaps, can be quite drying and irritating to sensitive skin. Body washes esp dove are more gentle. I use both and the bar soaps are indeed cheaper. But I've never got that itchy irritated feel from a decent body wash and it doesn't leave residue in the tub either, which requires frequent and thorough cleaning with chemical cleaners to remove. So the cleaning costs $$ too

Old 12-23-2013, 12:09 PM

7,284 posts, read 16,767,782 times
I more or less stopped using bar soap long ago, because of the soap scum on the shower glass after like 1 shower. Being very particular about clean glass (no idea what my deal is), it annoyed me to the point where I was cleaning the shower between days when my cleaning guy showed up. Some bar soap is MUCH worse than others though.

I alternate days between body wash from Trader Joe's and Dr. Bronner's mixed in a foaming pump. It's my soap, shampoo, and even shaving cream. Most commercial body washes smell awful to me. For some reason these seem to leave less behind on the glass. Maybe it's my water.

Old 12-23-2013, 12:12 PM

3,633 posts, read 6,211,940 times
Quote:
I also don't like the idea of using all those plastic bottles that liquid hand soaps come in. Sure, you can recycle them (and I do recycle everything I can), but recycling uses a lot of energy to make those bottles into other things. So bar soap for me, all the way. There are plenty of vegetable-based kinds with moisturizers in them like cocoa or shea butter that don't leave your skin dry or itchy that can be used in the shower.

Old 12-23-2013, 12:40 PM

17,029 posts, read 31,057,061 times
Rarely as I use body wash. Bar soap often dry me out too much.

Old 12-23-2013, 12:41 PM

31,769 posts, read 40,943,528 times
Quote:
haha that's a pretty strong statement against body wash. i like it because its a more neat and clean package than having a wet bar sitting in my shower. its convenient for squirting on a poof and getting me super clean. its not exactly breaking my bank since im either buying it on sale with a coupon or ill grab the white rain which is probably 77 cents for 20 oz.

Old 12-23-2013, 04:07 PM

16,824 posts, read 17,839,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouligann View Post
For those of you using bar soap, try the liquid jel/soap. I tried it and never looked back once I realized that it make no difference in my skin AND ESPECIALLY for ease of cleaning the tub and shower doors/surround. NO SOAP SCUM, YEA
No difference?

OK but soap is less than 1/10th the cost of body wash. I also notice no soap scum.

Old 12-23-2013, 04:09 PM

16,824 posts, read 17,839,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsMe123 View Post
Yeah, I definitely thought I was in a minority of people who still use bar soap lol

If I had to guess, I'd say it's mostly older people who still do.
My daughter is 19. She uses bar "soap" as well.

Old 12-23-2013, 04:46 PM

19,718 posts, read 16,970,243 times
I haven't bought a bar of soap in years, I use body wash instead. I do keep a bar of soap in the bottom of the sink, just in case I run out though.

Oh, wait, I did use a bar of soap when I stayed at a hotel over Thanksgiving, but that is a once a year thing........body washes are so much better IMO.

Don
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty