Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2013, 09:04 AM

17,564 posts, read 39,217,632 times

Advertisements

Speaking for myself as a female, I get some sun (in Florida) every day while riding my bicycle. I am of northern Spanish heritage and am very fair naturally, but brunette with brown eyes. I never burn because I don't stay out long and always have a light base tan. This suits my coloring nicely and is the look I like - more "sun-kissed" than sunbaked. I personally do not like the orange-y look of "fake-bake" on anyone - either nice light natural tan or natural fair is attractive on male or female in my eyes - in other words, natural skin color.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2013, 09:54 AM

393 posts, read 784,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
But why do that when you can soak up sunshine and enjoy the summer warmth . I am not saying that you should lay down in bright incinerating sunlight, but just getting out there and doing physical activity in the summer helps many break out a natural sun kissed tan. I can assure you that just by exposing yourself to sunlight while doing physical activity, you are not going to get leathery skin and suffer from skin cancer. Reserve spray tans for winter if you want to stay tan and enjoy what nature provides you in the summer.
Well, I'm not saying you should be a hermit. Just that if you want a great tan, you can easily create one yourself without laying in the sun for hours or using tanning beds.

Old 12-12-2013, 10:28 AM

5,443 posts, read 4,688,964 times
A good, healthy reasonable tan is not bad. Then again I have to be attracted to her, regardless of her color.LOL.

Old 12-12-2013, 10:30 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,175,830 times
Everybody looks good with some color. Having a healthy glow does not necessarily mean that you are going to age quicker. Moderation in all things is always the best choice. I personally tan not for the cosmetic benefit, but to get vitamin D, which is very important for health.

20yrsinBranson

Old 12-12-2013, 10:52 AM

16,404 posts, read 30,341,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
What's your opinion of a gorgeous tan on a woman's body.

I will be frank. I am not a huge tan lover, and women with smooth snow white skin usually appeals me more (hope people are not offended by this statement. If so, I am sorry and I did not intend to insult anyone). But for those of you who like tans on women, who in your mind looks very beautiful. Please post links to images which DO NOT contain viruses

Beautiful tans at 25 years of age equals tons of wrinkles at 50. I think that tanning is pretty silly.

That is my one and only post on the subject.

Old 12-12-2013, 10:57 AM

5,443 posts, read 4,688,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchamp Dude View Post
Indian guy likes white girls. Very surprised!

That was true when the first British shipment reached Indian shores somewhere in 1650ish.

People on the shore knelt down and worshiped their new "Gods"
Lol seriously!

Old 12-12-2013, 11:05 AM

270 posts, read 704,278 times
Give me a redhead/brunette with freckle like Gemma Arterton, Emma Stone, Jennifer Lawrence, Devon Aoki, and I can die happily. Who needs tanned women?

Old 12-12-2013, 11:21 AM

2,865 posts, read 3,637,628 times
A tan on a woman is nice as long as it is not overdone. Don't like the leathery, wrinkly skin that results from constant exposure to the sun. Don't mind fair-skin or olive-colored skin as well. It all has to go well with her features and hair.
By the way n2da2nd I can see your point. Wife is redhead with freckles and fair skin and I am quite happy with that.

Old 12-12-2013, 11:52 AM

3,158 posts, read 4,600,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence01 View Post
Beautiful tans at 25 years of age equals tons of wrinkles at 50. I think that tanning is pretty silly.

That is my one and only post on the subject.
Agree! I'm 50 have baby my skin and thankful I was never a sun bunny, I have no deep wrinkles ...I'm a person, not a leather handbag...

Old 12-12-2013, 12:03 PM

9,531 posts, read 15,911,155 times
the natural shade of one Jessica Alba for example would be a good tan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty