Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2013, 08:02 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,301,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
I like the look of people who spend a lot of time doing fun stuff outdoors, and have never been to a tanning salon.

People who look like they spend all the daylight hours indoors... well, they do not look compatible with me. They look like we would not like to do the same stuff together.
Agreed. I like the look of hair naturally lightened from the sun and skin naturally browned by the sun. It looks healthier to me than someone who is fluorescent white in the summer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2013, 10:20 PM

647 posts, read 1,219,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Agreed. I like the look of hair naturally lightened from the sun and skin naturally browned by the sun. It looks healthier to me than someone who is fluorescent white in the summer.
What about women who try tanning in summer down south and end up burning (like me) and return to looking ghostly? Are we ostracized?

I've had male friends single me out on my Facebook pic, saying I need to get some sunlight. Seems like people feel emboldened to single out pale people but they wouldn't do the same to a tanned person or an African American/Latino.

Old 12-11-2013, 11:12 PM

3,158 posts, read 4,600,064 times
Well I'm not tan, checkout my pic... but never been a sun bunny myself..

Old 12-12-2013, 12:33 AM

358 posts, read 513,226 times
I don't like excessive tanning. Dried out, cooked skin is very unappealing. Naturally tanned by the sun from being outside is nice, but on the other hand white women who protect themselves from the sun and have a healthy, creamy radiance also look nice.

As far as other skin colors, I like skin.

Tattoos and piercings, however, turn me off.

Old 12-12-2013, 01:07 AM

1,351 posts, read 1,601,247 times
For me, it just depends. I view tanning in a similar way that I view makeup. When tanning is done well (which only some women are able to do naturally) it can look very attractive. Otherwise it can look quite bad...often worse than just sticking to your normal skin tone. That said, skin health should clearly take priority over tanning. I also give a thumbs-up to people who's normal skin tone is brown or tan.

I also see plenty great-looking women out there who don't have tans. I'm less likely to be attracted to really pale women (think snow or lily white), BUT there are exceptions...that skin tone can look damn good if the skin is healthy and if her other physical features compliment it well, notably her hair color, hair style, eyes, and lips.

What I typically don't care for is skin that looks sickly/unhealthy (and no, pale skin doesn't automatically mean unhealthy) or skin that seems to clearly indicate that the woman is a moderate to heavy smoker.

Old 12-12-2013, 05:25 AM

328 posts, read 466,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadgirl80 View Post
What about women who try tanning in summer down south and end up burning (like me) and return to looking ghostly? Are we ostracized?

I've had male friends single me out on my Facebook pic, saying I need to get some sunlight. Seems like people feel emboldened to single out pale people but they wouldn't do the same to a tanned person or an African American/Latino.
I'm a "black" chick that goes white girl pale in the winter. No shame in my game. I like my skin. I change with the seasons like a chameleon.

Old 12-12-2013, 05:43 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,235,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomed_Shroom12 View Post
I'm a "black" chick that goes white girl pale in the winter. No shame in my game. I like my skin. I change with the seasons like a chameleon.
Same here. I burn crisp in the summer. That's why I always protect myself with fair and handsome. It does work, just not as fast as expected.

Old 12-12-2013, 05:57 AM

328 posts, read 466,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Same here. I burn crisp in the summer. That's why I always protect myself with fair and handsome. It does work, just not as fast as expected.
I just hide out! LOL. I am not out in the summer sun unless it's necessary...or my kids are forcing me to take them to the pool. That's pretty much where my 'tans' come from. Yet, they come right off by November.

Old 12-12-2013, 06:07 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,235,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomed_Shroom12 View Post
I just hide out! LOL. I am not out in the summer sun unless it's necessary...or my kids are forcing me to take them to the pool. That's pretty much where my 'tans' come from. Yet, they come right off by November.
Yes that's exactly what happens to me too. By October the dark crisp skin disappears though and I am back to my loved light tan. Fortunately fair and handsome helped me maintain my light tan all summer long and helped me avoid dark crisp skin. It seems like we both have opposing wants though.

Old 12-12-2013, 08:57 AM

809 posts, read 1,275,285 times
Indian guy likes white girls. Very surprised!

That was true when the first British shipment reached Indian shores somewhere in 1650ish.

People on the shore knelt down and worshiped their new "Gods"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty