Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2013, 01:11 PM

393 posts, read 782,778 times

Advertisements

Tanning doesn't have to mean sacrificing your health. With all of the new self-tanners and spray tans they have on the market, it's really easy to create a natural-looking tan in your own bathroom or at a salon. You just have to exfoliate your skin beforehand and use high-quality tanners. Most of them would turn into orange in the past but not anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2013, 02:34 PM

31,009 posts, read 22,051,613 times
Other fair women that many find attractive. I would not have found any one of these actresses attractive when I was younger but I have definately changed my attitude since then.
Attached Thumbnails
Your opinion of a gorgeous tan on women (Guys preferred)-angelina.jpg   Your opinion of a gorgeous tan on women (Guys preferred)-jen-law.jpg   Your opinion of a gorgeous tan on women (Guys preferred)-nicole-k.jpg  

Old 12-11-2013, 02:41 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,201,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aptnyc View Post
Tanning doesn't have to mean sacrificing your health. With all of the new self-tanners and spray tans they have on the market, it's really easy to create a natural-looking tan in your own bathroom or at a salon. You just have to exfoliate your skin beforehand and use high-quality tanners. Most of them would turn into orange in the past but not anymore.
But why do that when you can soak up sunshine and enjoy the summer warmth . I am not saying that you should lay down in bright incinerating sunlight, but just getting out there and doing physical activity in the summer helps many break out a natural sun kissed tan. I can assure you that just by exposing yourself to sunlight while doing physical activity, you are not going to get leathery skin and suffer from skin cancer. Reserve spray tans for winter if you want to stay tan and enjoy what nature provides you in the summer.

Old 12-11-2013, 02:43 PM

1,373 posts, read 2,957,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aptnyc View Post
This! A foundation a few shades darker works too especially in places where lighting is bad like in clubs.

Old 12-11-2013, 03:07 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,587,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
Your images are beautiful hispanic women, they aren't tan they just have brown skin. A pale white woman with tanned skin looks like the first pics, a pale skinned woman without a tan looks like the last two. Correct me if I'm wrong op.
And sorry, I'm a girl. Just invading your thread.
This is funny, This pic:

describes something you see in parts of the south NOT kidding, wish I was. OP do you like that one, OR:

natural tan.

Old 12-11-2013, 03:19 PM

2,754 posts, read 7,420,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnbiggs View Post
Tanning is overrated and most jobs look terrible. If you're pale, flaunt it, nothing wrong with being pasty.
I agree. The only tan worth showing off is the one you were born with!

Old 12-11-2013, 03:25 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,601,431 times
I prefer a HEALTHY tan over pale skin.

Old 12-11-2013, 03:26 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,601,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
describes something you see in parts of the south NOT kidding
Ever been to LA?

Old 12-11-2013, 03:35 PM

1,373 posts, read 2,957,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
This is funny, This pic:

describes something you see in parts of the south NOT kidding, wish I was. OP do you like that one, OR:

natural tan.
I look like the girl in the first pic but I don't see what the big deal is. But I only go with extremely dark make up at night. Like that girl I have light eyes.

IMO its not a big deal, every other girl either has fake boobs, eyelashes, butt, so a mismatched foundation I can wash off at the end of the night is no big deal.

Besides, IMO I CAN pass for racially ambigous so its possible people think I have naturally dark skin becauae although I'm Nicole Kidman light I have kinky hair like

Sh*t People Say To Girls With Curly Hair - YouTube
when its not straightened

So with my Make up a couple shades darker & straightened hair I CAN look exxotical.

If I'm going without a tan, in my Nicole Kidman paleness & light eyes I look like a straight up white girl.

Old 12-11-2013, 04:56 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,619,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
But why do that when you can soak up sunshine and enjoy the summer warmth . I am not saying that you should lay down in bright incinerating sunlight, but just getting out there and doing physical activity in the summer helps many break out a natural sun kissed tan. I can assure you that just by exposing yourself to sunlight while doing physical activity, you are not going to get leathery skin and suffer from skin cancer. Reserve spray tans for winter if you want to stay tan and enjoy what nature provides you in the summer.
There is no such thing as a 'healthy' tan. Your skin gets darker because it's damaged by the sun. So even a 'sun kissed' tan can create problems down the road.

There is also no such thing as a 'base tan'. Just as an FYI.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty