Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 11:57 AM

245 posts, read 318,183 times

Advertisements

I don't care about height. My man is 5'7. I like a lot of muscle and a nice smile. The rest of my 'type' has nothing to do with the physical - sense of humor, intelligence, common interests, compatible personalities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2013, 12:02 PM

4,040 posts, read 7,447,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laorbust61 View Post
A side of chiseled chest, abs, back and shoulders to go with that, please. LOL! No, but what we're doing here is describing a definite type. A man doesn't have to be this type to be attractive to women. If a guy answers to these descriptions, he is probably so gorgeous he'll box with you for access to hair dryer and skin/hair care products and space in the mirror.
Yuk. How unattractive is THAT in a guy?
And yes, this is just a rhetorical question.

Answer: severely unattractive.
Women who find themselves attracted to something like that fully deserve the specimen.

Old 11-13-2013, 03:08 PM

2,600 posts, read 3,687,631 times
Nicely shaped mouth
Nice teeth
Nice smile
Friendly eyes
Tall
Good conversationalist (not physical but very important)

Old 11-13-2013, 03:12 PM

5,724 posts, read 7,489,165 times
I like dimples too. I also like a man with a nice smile.

Old 11-13-2013, 03:23 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,618,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
Everyone's got their own ideas of what's physically attractive in a man.
This.

Physical traits that will likely catch my eye:

-Dark hair or red hair
-Powerful arms (not bodybuilder type bulging biceps or anything, but toned and strong)
-Fuller lips
-Eyes that crinkle when a guy smiles

Looks that seem popular with some women, but don't really attract me:

-blonde men
-shaved or high-and-tight military haircuts (funny, because my fiance is military, but he keeps his as long as regulations allow)
-Lanky, string bean or runner builds

Height has never been a big factor for me...I'm taller for a woman (5'9"), and have dated plenty of men shorter than I am. My fiance is an inch or so taller, and it's been nice in photos and convenient for dancing, but ultimately, it's not a trait that makes the list as important, really. It does mean that I got to purchase flats for our upcoming wedding, and I'm excited to have comfy feet all day!

Old 11-13-2013, 04:02 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,906,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodlife36 View Post
I like dimples too. I also like a man with a nice smile.
This is basically my number one. Great smile. With or without dimples.

I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.

Old 11-15-2013, 08:59 PM

11,787 posts, read 17,792,649 times
Ive had to sit through dozens of chick flicks so I know exactly what women want:

You need to first look like Matthew mc whatever or mc dreamy or that gosling dude.

You need to have some majical mind control jedi powers over little kids and animals. And I mean like ALWAYS making them laugh or do tricks or want to play with you. OR the exact opposite. Like be so helpless with a kitten or baby that you are humiliated but just be so adorable while you haplessly fall on your face as you ask her for help.

you need to have a job that shows your creative flair, your ability to lead and your abilitiy to be part of a team...but the leader and and remember the creative part? Something like that, or... Yeah you need to run a shelter for slow greyhounds and you need to teach their puppies to paint and sell those paintings to raise money for a charity for the human orphanage that you spend all your spare time at. You know, that spare time that you use for taking her on hot air ballon rides and building her a canoe or that thing she likes.

if you get challenged by some ruffians you need to be able to dazzle them with the wit and charm like James Bond while dising them with one liners or jokes like dane cook or chris rock and then drop them like a bad habit like steven seagal or tito ortiz.

oh yeah and that job you have that you only work part time at needs to pay you 1 mill a week or at least have a long lost relative die and leave you about 10-200 million, whatever amount makes her feel comfortable that you can adequately provide for her and the 0-25 kids she wants and that you can bankroll that cupcake salon she wants to open - just dont let on you have it and live modestly (but not a slob, just dont flaunt or waste too much of her - i mean - your money being flashy) until you put that huge rock on her finger.

Last edited by Tourian; 11-15-2013 at 09:16 PM..

Old 11-15-2013, 09:51 PM

2,351 posts, read 7,096,105 times
Height
Brunette
Tan
Low bodyfat
Good looks

Old 11-16-2013, 06:07 PM

270 posts, read 703,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertine The Great View Post

Tall (5"10 and over)
High Muscle
Low Bodyfat
Chiseled Jaw
High Cheekbones
You can have all of that as long as your brain is not the size of a raisin, you will not be as attractive as you think. Case in point: the situation and Justin Bieber just to name a few.

Old 11-16-2013, 11:26 PM

285 posts, read 427,383 times
cristiano ronaldo is male specimen perfection for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty