Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Mister, do you prefer thin legs or thick legs on a woman?
Thin legs 66 38.15%
Thick legs 92 53.18%
Undecided 15 8.67%
Voters: 173. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2018, 11:40 PM

4,559 posts, read 5,410,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorChip View Post
Thick: Jennifer Lopez, Beyonce, Kim Kardashian.

Thin: Kendall Jenner, Ireland Baldwin, Selena Gomez.
I never really considered those three to have "thick" legs. They have nice butts, but "thick" legs? Not so much.

I really only associate attractive "thick" legs with women who are very very fit. Those who you can just tell are absolutely no strangers to squats.

Like, THESE are what I call "thick" legs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-OD0KYh_Cs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wz6RNvDRIZs

Old 10-19-2018, 02:05 AM

1,373 posts, read 1,653,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
How about just plain ol healthy. Sheesh neither FAT or SKINNY but just right works for me.

You really have to go back to the 1980's and early 90's to find just right. Everything seems so out of proportion now a days. Like that gross thing hanging off the back of Kim Fatasshian.

And that gross picture of the skeleton wearing clothes posted by the bi a few posts back? yeah that made me want to hurl.

God I sound like my Grandparents did.
Same with me. I do not understand that "thigh gap" trend. I don't like it. Thigh gaps seem to go together with very wide hips, and skinny legs.

Equally, I think this Kardashian butt thing is just disturbing.

Healthy, normal weight women, who are happy with themselves are sexy. An example is my wife of 39 years.

I also do not agree that women with skinny legs at 18 to 21 remain thin. Many of those women do not have much capacity to build muscle. They are ectomorphs. When they fill out, they have no where to put it.

Old 10-19-2018, 04:55 AM

5,195 posts, read 1,868,950 times
I find thick legs more visually appealing.

Old 10-21-2018, 08:04 PM

3,633 posts, read 6,169,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR2012 View Post
I've heard this "thigh gap" trend is almost unattainable by any woman, if her ankles are touching. Expecting a womans thighs or any part of her legs to not touch at all when her ankles are not touching is almost impossible and unrealistic. I am sure there are some women out there who can, but on the majority of women I don't think it's possible to achieve while putting their ankles together.
You can see over an inch width of daylight between my thighs when my ankles are touching. My thighs are slender, but I think it's mostly because of the way they're shaped. I agree it's rare, and when you look at old pinup girls like Betty Grable, it certainly isn't unattractive to not have a thigh gap!

Old 10-23-2018, 01:23 AM

82 posts, read 78,835 times
Men like long, thin legs but most will often admit that thick or toned legs look great in heels.

Old 10-23-2018, 01:57 AM

574 posts, read 382,241 times
I honestly perfer the Athletic look so thin legs it is, unlike some other guys do. Not the biggest issue clearly, but everyone has preference.

Old 10-23-2018, 05:59 AM

19,798 posts, read 9,336,681 times
WOW -- I am amazed at the poll results. All the women in my family have always had "tree trunk" legs -- even when I was a teen and weighed 106 pounds! -- and we have always been embarrassed by them, and that was probably because my mom was born in 1932 and we girls were born between 1953 and 1964, inclusive, when virtually all the models and younger actresses were thin.

Now THIS is a kind of "body acceptance" that I can applaud! (To be clear, however, the only body acceptance I don't approve of is when someone is morbidly -- literally -- obese.)

Old 10-23-2018, 07:09 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,601,291 times
I’m still not a man, but I also think Kate Middleton has great legs. Not too thin and not too thick. Just right.

Old 10-23-2018, 01:25 PM

4,559 posts, read 5,410,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSeligman View Post
I honestly perfer the Athletic look so thin legs it is, unlike some other guys do.
That is my point in an earlier post. THICK legs ARE in FACT part of the athletic look.

I see "thick" legs ALL THE TIME on women who are walking around in their yoga pants. The ones who obviously are totally into athletics/fitness. That is how "thick" is defined. By developed, muscular quads/thighs that happen when one is into heavy squatting and daily yoga practice. See the vids I posted earlier.

Thin legs are what you find on runway models and generally thin women. That is NOT what you will find on athletic builds. Remember, "thick" is FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR from "FAT".

Here is another vid of Kaisa Keirnan who is a small gal with Athletic look and THICK legs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ltq_UlCUjPo

Last edited by Kings Gambit; 10-23-2018 at 01:57 PM..

Old 10-23-2018, 08:57 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,875,202 times
Heavy squatting is not a typical female workout, and I think many women are unable to build large quadriceps muscles without extreme effort. So I think a woman can be athletic and not have thick legs, although I don't picture her having skinny legs either. Maria Sharapova, for example. The only time she looked to be carrying much muscle was when she was using a forbidden substance with muscle-building properties.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty