Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How Do You Shower, Soap Up, Wash Off, Get Clean?
I use a washcloth, loofah, or some bathing implement. 73 53.28%
I use my damn hands like nature intended. 60 43.80%
Other - I'll elaborate below. 4 2.92%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 06:33 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,757,504 times

Advertisements

I use soap, my hands, and a hand-shower on a long hose. I grew up using washcloths but I feel cleaner the way I do it now. I can't imagine not having a hand-shower now that I'm used to it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2013, 06:34 PM

6,990 posts, read 11,431,385 times
Hands and a big bar of soap.

Old 04-29-2013, 09:42 PM

5,128 posts, read 9,854,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theatergypsy View Post
I shower in a fixed-head shower. I use a wash cloth. I rinse them well, wring them out and hang them neatly on the towel bar. They are usually dry by the time of the next shower. I use the same towel more than once. It's my clean body so what's the dif?
Exactly

Old 04-30-2013, 12:47 PM

582 posts, read 1,120,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
This might seem like a dumb question, but how do people clean and remove soap from the unmentionable openings if they only use their hands when washing their bodies?
I was going to call them "those hard to reach areas" because I also had the very same question in the back of my mind .

Old 04-30-2013, 01:28 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,873,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clevergirl05 View Post
I was going to call them "those hard to reach areas" because I also had the very same question in the back of my mind .
You scoop plenty of water there, or bend a bit to let the water run down. Easy to do.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 04-30-2013, 02:57 PM

1,111 posts, read 1,736,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
I just use my hands and a bar of soap. Probably makes me a caveman.
Naaa, cavemen don't shower.

Old 04-30-2013, 03:07 PM

6,482 posts, read 6,693,270 times
Of the various posts in this thread, I'm most surprised at the fact that people act like it would be a big deal to use a fresh washcloth for every shower. OF COURSE it should be a fresh one each time! Who wants to use the same cloth that was used in those "unmentionable areas" yesterday, on their face today? Yuck.

Old 04-30-2013, 03:18 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,475,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
Of the various posts in this thread, I'm most surprised at the fact that people act like it would be a big deal to use a fresh washcloth for every shower. OF COURSE it should be a fresh one each time! Who wants to use the same cloth that was used in those "unmentionable areas" yesterday, on their face today? Yuck.
I like many others likely use a SEPARATE, (since we're yelling ,) wash cloth for the face and I personally soap wash and rinse my cloth after each usage. But I'll think about restocking next time. Nah, 50+ years, I'm good.

Old 04-30-2013, 04:19 PM

910 posts, read 2,295,569 times
My hands are more than capable to wash my privates, thank you, I actually think it's gross to use a washcloth there and then throw it in the washing machine, possibly with other people's clothes, eek! I've never even washed my underwear other than by hand, usually right after I take it off and in the shower where I keep a small bottle with detergent. For years, when living in apartment buildings I don't even want to use the machines where other people wash their clothes because they throw everything together.

Which reminds me of an elderly lady that I helped take care of, she had one urinary tract infection after another but her nasty underwear was thrown with everything in the wash by whoever did it, and even the kitchen towels in that house smelled funky, ewwwww! Some people just don't know how to do laundry, if they were going to do that, the least they should've done was put some bleach or another disinfectant in there.

Old 04-30-2013, 06:53 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,511,330 times
This is a very intersting topic for me. I always wondered why people used washcloths - I always thought it was because they were prudish and did not want to actually touch their body parts. I am very clean and shower in the morning and at night every day. I would feel dirty using a washcloth or loofah. When I shower my hands are clean and I can can into every crevice. How can you get into your most delicate areas using a washcloth? Too bulky - and those loofahs are just full of bacteria.

The old timey cowboy comment really made me laugh -
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty