Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2013, 07:29 AM

8,757 posts, read 9,466,255 times

Advertisements

Well somewhere between 54-1/2 now 55, people aren't getting as bent out of shape when I say my age, so I guess, give it some time, no point in kidding oneself, for most, you'll get there soon enough. No wrinkles, but definitely showing I'm no where near a spring or for that matter summer chicken, but definitely seasoned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2013, 08:12 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,401,804 times
Mine kicked into high gear around 37.

Old 10-28-2013, 10:26 AM

6,720 posts, read 8,390,617 times
People tell me all the time I look like I am in my late 20's, but I don't believe them. (I am sure they exaggerate.) I look 5-7 years younger, which would put me in my early 30's. I have used Retin-A for over 20 years, wear sunscreen, stay out of the sun, and take care of my skin. Women ask what I do.
-whiten teeth
-use Retin-a on chest, neck, hands (as well as sunscreen)
-color hair and have a youthful hairstyle that is not overly processed
- stay thin but not too thin. You need some fat to plump up your face
-get plenty of rest
-keep skin clean and hydrated.
- use a Vitamin C cream
-eat fish and take fish oil supplements

Old 10-28-2013, 02:08 PM

1,948 posts, read 6,463,657 times
slim people with thin skin seem to show wrinkles at an earlier age more than others

you can see lines and creases with every facial expression, the corner of the mouth the eyes, the forehead , the neck

I noticed people that spend too much time outdoors have a wrinkled neck from too much sun that looks like a turtles neck with heavy creases

I can usually tell when a person is from Arizona or some state that has a lot of hot dry weather, because they tend to have that weathered look

Old 10-28-2013, 10:26 PM

5,126 posts, read 7,410,320 times
Jumping back in to say that even if you avoid the sun, don't smoke, and do everything else right, you can't ignore the role of genetics.

I have a book written by a dermatologist about the different types of skin. There are many types; not just dry, normal, oily. Some types are genetically going to wrinkle early. Of course, less sun would still help, but not completely.

She has a questionnaire to determine which type you have, and tells you what strengths and weaknesses your skin type is prone to. For instance, I have Rosacea and oily skin, but my skin type resists wrinkles and never needs Botox. I bought the book years ago and it's proven to be true.

And since I'm already dealing with Rosacea and oily skin, I'm really happy not to have to deal with wrinkles too!

Old 10-28-2013, 10:33 PM

2,600 posts, read 3,685,779 times
I think I started noticing crow's feet when I smile in my mid 30s (39 now). Other than that, I'm pretty much wrinkle-free.

Old 10-28-2013, 10:36 PM

2,600 posts, read 3,685,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr bolo View Post
slim people with thin skin seem to show wrinkles at an earlier age more than others

you can see lines and creases with every facial expression, the corner of the mouth the eyes, the forehead , the neck

I noticed people that spend too much time outdoors have a wrinkled neck from too much sun that looks like a turtles neck with heavy creases

I can usually tell when a person is from Arizona or some state that has a lot of hot dry weather, because they tend to have that weathered look
This is true. Heavier people have more fat to fill in their wrinkles. My dad recently lost 30 pounds. He looks better and is healthier but definitely looks more like a grandpa now than a dad.

Old 10-29-2013, 12:08 AM

3,199 posts, read 7,828,718 times
I am 35 and slim but don't have wrinkles. My mom always looked young for her age as well. I don't have any grey hair either. I am surprised cause I have a lot of other health problems that cause stress and often when someone says that I look young I say I feel old cause I do. I feel like I should have a head of grey hair.
I do feel staying out of the sun and also not drinking or smoking helps but some is just luck.

Old 10-29-2013, 08:41 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Why do people seem to think 35 is old?

I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.

Old 10-29-2013, 09:03 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Why do people seem to think 35 is old?

I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.
Because they don't seem to realize that with today's life spans, one is very likely to live a good 50 or even 60 years after that...making 35 definitely on the young end of the spectrum.

My gosh, how long do people think "middle age" lasts? By these standards, one is "middle aged" for thirty years.

That's one helluva long time to feel frumpy. Personally, that's not my mindset, or my style. I don't intend to be old for quite awhile yet, and I'm 51. Practically a baby.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty