Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 05:47 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,417,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redberry rose View Post
I'm very paranoid about aging. I keep looking at photos of me from last year, and further back, as a way to gauge if I look the same or slightly older. Not sure. I look different in every photo. I look at my face, and it seems like my skin is getting a bit drier..sources say that as you age your skin produces less moisture..

Aside from someone telling you you look older, are there other ways to know if you're aging or don't look as young as you used to? I know I was called ma'am today while I was in a retail store by a older salesperson..it put me in a bad mood. I'm only 23

Seriously, if you spend one hour in a cancer ward you would come out being grateful to age and see another day. There are so many other things to worry about but there is a guarantee you will age and die but when and how is not promised so enjoy the moment and be thankful you lived to see 23. There are so many people that haven't lived to see that age.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2013, 08:15 PM

9,006 posts, read 13,831,283 times
Who made that saying "Live fast,die young,and leave a pretty corpse?"

Old 01-18-2013, 11:55 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Well, I heard aging can happen in your 20s as you start to approach 30. I'm worried that I will look 'aged' and not as youthful as a I reach 30. Not to mention my mother is always giving me anxiety about getting old. she says I may get grey hairs in my late 20s early 30s
Your mother isn't being your friend. This is a bizarre thing to say to a daughter in her early 20's. Or at any time. OP, it sounds (from your various posts & threads) that you're living in a toxic environment regarding this issue. Have you given any thought to moving?

Old 01-19-2013, 04:31 AM

3,199 posts, read 7,823,988 times
Quote:
No one is answering my question, how do you know whether you look young or old to other people?

I hope as you get older you begin to care less what others think and can find acceptance within yourself. Some things a person can't change and is part of nature. You can focus on that or try to find what you do like about yourself and focus on that. Other people may think X about you or the way you look but that does not mean they are correct.
In my opinion right now try to focus on living a healthy life. Stay out of the sun,don't smoke,eat a healthy diet,focus on healthy relationships,and things you enjoy. If you are obsessing so much at the age of 23 where it is impacting your life or health about getting older I encourage you to look at what else is going on in your life or within.

Old 01-20-2013, 08:30 AM

3,516 posts, read 6,780,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Who made that saying "Live fast,die young,and leave a pretty corpse?"
I'm not sure the original origin, but they definitely say that on Pretty Little Liars

Old 01-21-2013, 01:57 PM

195 posts, read 350,311 times
Bing called Ma'am is always the first sign of aging. The second one is when they wish you a "happy mother's day". The third one is when you start getting Medicare brochures and the final when you get burial brochures.

Oh yeah in a few years you will meet a kid who doesn't know who very popular artists are( usually the ones who were top sellers when you were a kid) For me it was Prince. I felt very old and I was still in my 20's. Of course I didn't expect them to know who Debbie Gibson, Chicago or the Jets were, but Prince?

Old 01-21-2013, 09:11 PM

Location: Approximately 50 miles from Missoula MT/38 yrs full time after 4 yrs part time
2,308 posts, read 4,120,376 times
..............."how do you know if you are aging?"........... When you ask the clerk at the Music store if he has any "78s" of music by:..................."Guy Lombardo and The Royal Canadians?

Old 01-21-2013, 09:16 PM

2,600 posts, read 3,683,923 times
You're aging when the music you grew up on is suddenly classified as "oldies." This happened to me in my 20s when I turned on the radio and the DJ referred to 80s music as oldies. [i]That's[\i] aging!

Old 01-21-2013, 09:50 PM

1,801 posts, read 2,923,410 times
I don't believe someone so young is worrying about aging, what will worry you more is that after a certain age nobody is going to be looking anyway, everyone knows after 50 we are invisible.

Old 01-22-2013, 01:13 AM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
I first noticed myself looking old sometime in my 40's. I was already dying my hair, which started greying in my late 30's, but post child birth did a number on my body and my face/neck area started sagging. At 50 I went thru menopause and BLAMO! I catch glimpes of myself in window relections sometimes and wonder who that old lady is. I swear it happend hard and fast, but maybe it's just my imagination. I never did like looking at myself in mirrors or taking photographs so I'm not really that familiar with what I look like beyond grooming myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty