Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 10:19 AM

41,999 posts, read 75,328,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexWest View Post
No, I don't believe women really dress themselves, unless they're clueless
You're the one who's clueless. I wear what I want, when I want, as long as it's appropriate for the occasion, and as long as it makes me feel good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2012, 02:37 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,790,226 times
Is it wrong to dress for others? I mean as long as it makes you happy, too, why does it matter. Why is it such a point of pride to declare that you don't give two shoots what anyone else thinks?

I care what other people think. I care what I think more but I have no qualms about admitting I dress up more when I know I'll be leaving the house.

Old 10-18-2012, 02:42 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,328,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
Is it wrong to dress for others? I mean as long as it makes you happy, too, why does it matter. Why is it such a point of pride to declare that you don't give two shoots what anyone else thinks?

I care what other people think. I care what I think more but I have no qualms about admitting I dress up more when I know I'll be leaving the house.
There is nothing wrong with it if that is how you feel. The original post stated a completely different situation that was a blanket statement speaking for ALL women.

If you care what others think that is great and if you don't care that is great as well. I personally dress for comfort appropriate to the situation, no more, no less and I just don't happen to care what others think of how I dress or the fact that I choose to not wear makeup most of the time. My choice, my body, my clothing to please myself and no one else.

The point is one's choice to dress for themselves or to dress for other's and have other's approval all the time. Not that either is right or wrong it is just not something that can be a blanket statement speaking for ALL women as the original poster did.

Old 10-18-2012, 03:04 PM

7,732 posts, read 12,642,759 times
I get annoyed and angry with women when they say dumb things like they wouldn't care what their boyfriend/husband likes on them. If that was the case, he would have never gotten with you in the first place! And he definitely wouldn't have stayed! You women really overestimate yourselves. Just because you bagged him, doesn't mean the battle is over. You wonder why men cheat? Because you want to let yourself go and do your own thing and not even take into consideration your partner and his likes. You want to dress "comfortable" and in rags rather than dressing up and making him feel important. Then you wonder why he's eyeing more attractive women out on the streets and having a secret affair over the internet. American women are clueless.

Old 10-18-2012, 03:08 PM

72 posts, read 77,873 times
i like my woman best "raw", actually, :-) She dresses, as I do, to protect self from the elements, to stay out of trouble with the law and others, and to hide her ccw firearm, knife, etc. "Sometimes, she dresses to please me, as sometimes, I dress to please her, but not always, or even all that often.

Old 10-18-2012, 04:28 PM

1,935 posts, read 4,782,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexWest View Post
No one expects us to be perfectly satisfied with every aspect of our bodies--why expect them to believe we really dress only for ourselves?
Give me one good reason why you, or any woman for that matter, should NOT be perfectly satisfied with every aspect of her body... no matter what she looks like. (A GOOD reason is one that is not opinion-based.)

Old 10-18-2012, 09:11 PM

2,633 posts, read 4,058,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaniGypsy View Post
Give me one good reason why you, or any woman for that matter, should NOT be perfectly satisfied with every aspect of her body... no matter what she looks like. (A GOOD reason is one that is not opinion-based.)
Never said they should not want to; but have you met any that are: absolutely perfectly satisfied with every aspect of their body inside and out and has not ever thought of even losing a pound or inch, more/less hair, having another hair/eye color etc. for even one second?

Old 10-18-2012, 10:29 PM

9,016 posts, read 13,864,216 times
Well,the OP is right. I do agree,when I dress up I want male attention.
I am not looking to impress other women.

When I'm dressed comfortable and sloopy,women are the first to badmouth me.
I really don't care what other women think,but I do care what men think.

Old 10-18-2012, 10:32 PM

9,016 posts, read 13,864,216 times
Just think: if it wrong to dress for others,why get dressed for job interviews.

Why does the sayings "dress to impress" and "dress for success" have merit?

Old 10-18-2012, 11:13 PM

11,053 posts, read 24,074,683 times
Well, I must admit to paying more attention to what to wear on quilting group days. Happy purple mu'u mu'us or dressing to match the current quilting project is always fun. Bright vintage jewelry is fun, too. It's mostly about fun, though, along with comfort. They'd probably all be shocked if make up and heels were involved. But, this is Hawaii, we don't have to dress up here to impress anyone 'cuz it's a small island and everyone already knows everyone anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty