Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2012, 11:12 PM

9,018 posts, read 13,869,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitgirl11 View Post
what do I say after I say the comment is uneducated. I say women are supposed to have bigger hips. Most women do.
You are basically agreeing with her.
So I ask again,what was uneducated about her comment?
Highlight the sentence.

Also,before you said it was your laptop that was broken and that you were going to get it fixed at the end of August?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2012, 11:01 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,225,699 times
Quote:
Now maybe I'm not to judge. I'm a straight female and with guys I'm a real nazi with weight prefferences. But it makes sense to me. Like a guy is supposed to be thin with little excess fat on him. I am actually the type that doesn't like muscles on guys because they can look like fat imo... But with a woman it's different it's like to me women have room. Fat is feminine. It is scientifically. This is why very heavyset men can't have kids as well as if they were skinny. So why is it wrong to say a women is fat? If it's a feminine trait? Especially if she has good curves... Which usually come hand in hand. There are othershapes and sizes that are nice like slim and curvy delicate rulers/bananas. And many more. It seems to me the female body is pretty versatile in how it can be nice. Also like it's always where men with fat on their faces lose masculinity while women keep and gain feminine features. Likeive seen pretty fat women. And not the same with guys... So why is being fat a bad thing for women? If it actually itself means feminineness? Shouldn't it be something they're proud of just like any other shaped women? Even tall column can be proud of being held high in some modeling businesses. Why is it though fat is a bad word when it comes to female anatomy? If I were fat I'd be proud for the assets and not the fallthroughs...
Fat is not feminine. Fat is fat. Women naturally have a higher percentage of body fat than men. This however is not an excuse for a women to sit on her butt eating cookies and ice cream all day while demanding her partner works hard to stay fit and trim. Being able to carry a higher percentage of body fat doesn't give one gender an excuse to let themselves go over another. If one gender is allowed to let themselves go then the other should be as well. If one gender has to work hard to stay fit then the other should as well.

Old 09-10-2012, 02:54 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,669,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
You are basically agreeing with her.
So I ask again,what was uneducated about her comment?
Highlight the sentence.

Also,before you said it was your laptop that was broken and that you were going to get it fixed at the end of August?
I think she's super confused. It would help if she could figure out the reply button.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Fat is not feminine. Fat is fat. Women naturally have a higher percentage of body fat than men. This however is not an excuse for a women to sit on her butt eating cookies and ice cream all day while demanding her partner works hard to stay fit and trim. Being able to carry a higher percentage of body fat doesn't give one gender an excuse to let themselves go over another. If one gender is allowed to let themselves go then the other should be as well. If one gender has to work hard to stay fit then the other should as well.
Ya know, it's funny how the stereotype is that the wife gets fat by being lazy but in nearly every single relationship I've seen it's usually the man getting fat and lazy while the wife tries to keep up her appearance.

Old 09-10-2012, 10:11 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,225,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I think she's super confused. It would help if she could figure out the reply button.

Ya know, it's funny how the stereotype is that the wife gets fat by being lazy but in nearly every single relationship I've seen it's usually the man getting fat and lazy while the wife tries to keep up her appearance.
It's like I said

Quote:
If one gender is allowed to let themselves go then the other should be as well. If one gender has to work hard to stay fit then the other should as well.
My response was addressing the OP and this ridiculous notion that one gender is allowed to let themselves go while the other is to stay trim, but to put it bluntly OP, most people don't find fat in women attractive because they don't find fat in men attractive. The way you feel about fat men, well that's how a lot of people feel about fat people in general male or female. Most people don't believe in this silly mentality that obesity is more acceptable in one gender.

Old 09-13-2012, 02:55 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,999,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I basically agree with this. Fat, in the right places is intrinsically feminine and does perform a biological function.

I think there is or should be more room for women to be a bit fatter than men.

For men? NO! You do not breast feed and fat around the midsection - which is where men tend to collect it, is dangerous to their health.

The thing is, our country has a problem with obesity. Morbid obesity.

There does seem to be a double standard though, and I'm not buying into it.

Donald Trump, for example looks pretty fat to me. Yet all of his wives are stick thin.

What do you wanna bet that the Donald wears some kind of corset or girdle?
Yes, ma'm, he sure walks as though he's wearing one.

I think most people find others unattractive if they look ill. There are think people who I find attractive, but somehow they look as though they are 'comfortable' being that way, as though nature intended that for them. On the other hand, most fat people (not just overweight) look as though they have mental problems to me. People who have the urge to eat so much, to me, have a mental illness.

Old 10-04-2012, 08:20 PM

517 posts, read 1,001,397 times
so what my laptop is taking time to fix and I already said I agree most women have a bigger bottom half than guys do. If you can't comprehend that...

Old 10-04-2012, 08:23 PM

517 posts, read 1,001,397 times
I just personally think fat is more attractive on women but that's just me...

Old 10-05-2012, 06:12 AM

12,766 posts, read 18,416,099 times
Quote:
Now maybe I'm not to judge. I'm a straight female and with guys I'm a real nazi with weight prefferences. But it makes sense to me. Like a guy is supposed to be thin with little excess fat on him. I am actually the type that doesn't like muscles on guys because they can look like fat imo... But with a woman it's different it's like to me women have room. Fat is feminine. It is scientifically. This is why very heavyset men can't have kids as well as if they were skinny. So why is it wrong to say a women is fat? If it's a feminine trait? Especially if she has good curves... Which usually come hand in hand. There are othershapes and sizes that are nice like slim and curvy delicate rulers/bananas. And many more. It seems to me the female body is pretty versatile in how it can be nice. Also like it's always where men with fat on their faces lose masculinity while women keep and gain feminine features. Likeive seen pretty fat women. And not the same with guys... So why is being fat a bad thing for women? If it actually itself means feminineness? Shouldn't it be something they're proud of just like any other shaped women? Even tall column can be proud of being held high in some modeling businesses. Why is it though fat is a bad word when it comes to female anatomy? If I were fat I'd be proud for the assets and not the fallthroughs...
Fat is not feminine. It is unhealthy!!!

Old 10-05-2012, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
I understand your point. Double standards seem wrong. But can people control what they are attracted to? Even if it happens to be a double standard situation?
Yeah but people should also realise who they are and realise who they probably could and could not get. If you're a fat person, you should not expect to be with an athletic healthnut. If you're ugly you should not expect to be with a supermodel.

Old 10-05-2012, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
Obesity is so much more common than it used to be. So can hormonal problems be that big of a factor? If so that must mean something has changed in food that is causing more hormonal problems.
Hormonal probs is a bs excuse. Europeans have hormones too and they are not fat. It is our food and our lifestyle and people have no one to blame but themselves. It is not genetics, it is not hormones, it is YOU. (Not you Jay specifically- i mean people in general)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty