Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 05:10 AM

578 posts, read 3,064,315 times

Advertisements

Man makeup wtf never seen that stuff and never want to see that stuff near my face, I will take the bags under my eyes thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2007, 10:32 AM

3,124 posts, read 4,942,676 times
I don't think it makes a man any less of a man to wear make up. It was really only in the 19th century that it became unacceptable for a man to wear it.

I do think it looks silly for a man to wear make up a certain way. However, a little powder on the face and lightly applied concealer under the eyes is rarely noticed and for men with skin problems (my exboyfriend did this) can really make them feel and look better.

When I go out I like to accentuate my features. I have light blue eyes and dark hair. A little lash tint (not mascara, there is a difference) on the lashes and eyebrows is not noticeable but really makes my eyes pop. I'm a 6'1" man with 18" biceps and a 48" chest. Beleive me, I look anything BUT girly

Old 10-04-2007, 10:35 AM

660 posts, read 2,442,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier_guy View Post
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that way. It seems it's the men who live in big cities versus the down-home rural areas.
yeah i see alot of it when i've gone to the east village in manhattan talk about a bunch of freaks!!!

Old 10-04-2007, 10:36 AM

660 posts, read 2,442,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
...or maybe they pretend that they're not guys.
lol very sad lol

Old 10-04-2007, 03:09 PM

618 posts, read 1,611,533 times
tee hee ^^
funny topic...

Old 10-04-2007, 04:04 PM

2,408 posts, read 14,402,933 times
Why do women wear makeup? Insecurities? To hide flaws? Well, some men are insecure about certain features as well, and if they want to try to hide them with makeup, then I don't see the problem with it. To each their own.

I got a zit that turned nasty once it popped a few years back and I borrowed my girlfriend-at-the-time's concealer to cover it up a bit. I don't know if that's considered wearing makeup in the same vein as applying lipstick and false lashes, but if I got another nasty looking zit or scar or something and had some concealer lying around, I'd do the same thing again.

Old 10-04-2007, 04:11 PM

36,448 posts, read 16,054,057 times
Never seen this, don't know if I ever want to...

Old 10-04-2007, 06:55 PM

4,273 posts, read 15,262,102 times
Metrosexuals are quite hip these days.

I like to call them gay straight guys. heehee

I used to know this guy that manicured his nailes and painted them clear so it's all glossy. Strange but I guess there is nothing wrong with wanting to take care of yourself. A lot of beauty products these days are geared towards men. I guess there is finally a market!

Old 10-05-2007, 01:44 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,357,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dullnboring View Post
Why do women wear makeup? Insecurities? To hide flaws? Well, some men are insecure about certain features as well, and if they want to try to hide them with makeup, then I don't see the problem with it. To each their own.

I got a zit that turned nasty once it popped a few years back and I borrowed my girlfriend-at-the-time's concealer to cover it up a bit. I don't know if that's considered wearing makeup in the same vein as applying lipstick and false lashes, but if I got another nasty looking zit or scar or something and had some concealer lying around, I'd do the same thing again.
Good question about why do women wear makeup. I wear it to accentuate my features.
I don't see anything wrong with a guy doing this either or a guy using it as a concealer.
I don't like to see a man (or a woman) look like a clown in makeup. The drag queens are entertaining though.LOL

Old 10-05-2007, 05:27 PM

329 posts, read 1,443,891 times
It's all about cashing in on the metrosexual market. It's huge and growing. My son who really is quite normal in most ways is into facials, eyebrow waxing, moisturizers, etc.. He spends what I consider an abnormal amount of time on getting ready. I don't know where he gets this from. His father is a blue collar type of guy. You can keep these "girly men". If I were young today I would steer clear of high maintenance types like this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty