Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 08:46 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,745,758 times

Advertisements

I don't much care where it originated. It just looks like indecent exposure, and ugliness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonym9428 View Post
Wow, some of you are either stupid or just willfully ignorant. A simple google search could have given you an accurate history of sagging pants.

Sagging Pants History

Prison Culture » Sagging Pants, Criminality, and Prison Clothing

"Some people still believe that this notorious trend was an African-American creation which was eventually embraced by the mainstream culture. There are some more versions which associate the trend of sagging pants with homosexuality and the world of crime, wherein criminals used these loose clothing to hide their weapons. These things were however dismissed as baseless allegations, owing to lack of substantial evidence."

Being raped HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT and it did not originate from black culture.

Damn people, do some research, it's really not that hard.

@Hollytree Who's the "moron" now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2012, 11:09 PM

1,171 posts, read 1,951,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Recently I've become addicted to Coke, and I'm trying to kick the habit. In the meantime, I'm attracted to this place that has gigantic cups of Coke for 75 cents.

I went last Saturday and walked to the cashier, and got in line behind this guy. He was wearing sagging pants. Not only that, but the boxers (which were plaid, and I'm sure the guy wasn't Irish or Scottish) were stuck in the crack of his butt. AND they had a hole, to boot. He may as well have been naked, really.

Okay now, I'm no prude, but honestly, I'm not interested in looking at anyone's butt cheeks unless it's a man I'm wild about, and we're in bed.

This "fashion" is just plain rude. And fine, I can see how these men might want women looking at their posterior, but don't these men HATE other men looking at their posterior? Or maybe they like it, I don't know. What's the story here?
I don't wear sagging pants but I do wear ripped up holy jeans. Sometimes the seat is blown out a bit. I always wear boxers with any pants, so it's not like whites in tights under there. Mine usually match my shirt I'm wearing for the day. If it's a blue shirt, it's blue boxers plaid with like colors. Franky, I don't care and I've never had other men stare. These are work pants when I have to do something really nasty. I don't want to ruin my good clothes for that type of stuff. As for the saggy draws...buy a belt and pull 'em up. Don't buy sizes twice too big. Simple fix.

Old 06-28-2012, 06:36 AM

When you mentioned work clothes a question popped into my brain... Are there any jobs anywhere that are okay with hiring people that wear sagging jeans that have to be held up and begin below the behind?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOne View Post
I don't wear sagging pants but I do wear ripped up holy jeans. Sometimes the seat is blown out a bit. I always wear boxers with any pants, so it's not like whites in tights under there. Mine usually match my shirt I'm wearing for the day. If it's a blue shirt, it's blue boxers plaid with like colors. Franky, I don't care and I've never had other men stare. These are work pants when I have to do something really nasty. I don't want to ruin my good clothes for that type of stuff. As for the saggy draws...buy a belt and pull 'em up. Don't buy sizes twice too big. Simple fix.

Old 06-28-2012, 08:48 AM

2,765 posts, read 3,636,223 times
Quote:
Recently I've become addicted to Coke, and I'm trying to kick the habit. In the meantime, I'm attracted to this place that has gigantic cups of Coke for 75 cents.

I went last Saturday and walked to the cashier, and got in line behind this guy. He was wearing sagging pants. Not only that, but the boxers (which were plaid, and I'm sure the guy wasn't Irish or Scottish) were stuck in the crack of his butt. AND they had a hole, to boot. He may as well have been naked, really.

Okay now, I'm no prude, but honestly, I'm not interested in looking at anyone's butt cheeks unless it's a man I'm wild about, and we're in bed.

This "fashion" is just plain rude. And fine, I can see how these men might want women looking at their posterior, but don't these men HATE other men looking at their posterior? Or maybe they like it, I don't know. What's the story here?
I never understood that style, never liked either.

Old 06-28-2012, 09:56 AM

224 posts, read 829,286 times
Quote:
When you mentioned work clothes a question popped into my brain... Are there any jobs anywhere that are okay with hiring people that wear sagging jeans that have to be held up and begin below the behind?

Apparently there is because I see guys with saggers working as cashiers and at retail stores. A former neighbor was an extreme sagger and I don't know where he worked, but he came home with his briefs soiled to a almost black color showing almost the entire brief when he stomped up his porch to come in every evening. I assumed he was in construction, though you would think sagging would be a safety hazard.

Old 06-28-2012, 10:03 AM

It is a safety hazard. Also, can you imagine if women were working with their blouses open, exposing their bras? They'd be fired so fast!!!

Sheesh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wembley View Post
Apparently there is because I see guys with saggers working as cashiers and at retail stores. A former neighbor was an extreme sagger and I don't know where he worked, but he came home with his briefs soiled to a almost black color showing almost the entire brief when he stomped up his porch to come in every evening. I assumed he was in construction, though you would think sagging would be a safety hazard.

Old 06-28-2012, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Taco Bell.

Old 06-28-2012, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Taco Bell.
Retail and fast food hire those guys they just wear the Taco Bell polo shirt extra large so its long enough to cover their underwear.

Old 06-28-2012, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wembley View Post
Retail and fast food hire those guys they just wear the Taco Bell polo shirt extra large so its long enough to cover their underwear.
Long John Silvers as well as Burger King. I don't care, just don't cheat me or mess up my order.

Old 06-28-2012, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Long John Silvers as well as Burger King. I don't care, just don't cheat me or mess up my order.
Yeah and as long as they don't wipe their hands on their backside while they are handling the food.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty