Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 02:02 PM

2,162 posts, read 3,368,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
Yeah there is quite a difference between these:

and these, lol.
Exactly!!!! But to add to your other post, we all have a choice. It may take a bit to save and buy something new, but there are great places to buy inexpensive, yet appropriate stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2012, 02:23 PM

3,010 posts, read 6,314,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxCar Willie View Post
I get peeved at the guys who walk in with hats on and never remove them. I was brought up to remove my hat indoors. Some folks may not be able to have a suit [I don't] BUT certain manners should be followed.
I don't wear hats anymore, but have always as a rule removed them as soon as I entered a building.

I'm not big on suits for church, but I personally wear a dress shirt, slacks and shoes, with tie and or sweater optional. Even a short sleeve dress or polo shirt looks and feels good during the summer. I feel the key is to be respectful and presentable, yet comfortable. Additionally, the common saying is that God may not care, but people do.

Last edited by Gil3; 05-15-2012 at 02:45 PM..

Old 05-15-2012, 02:38 PM

20,548 posts, read 30,428,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redvelvet709 View Post
Exactly!!!! But to add to your other post, we all have a choice. It may take a bit to save and buy something new, but there are great places to buy inexpensive, yet appropriate stuff.
But I don't feel there is anything wrong with the way I dress If I did go to church I would pick up a couple of pairs of slacks and a couple of blouses or a summer dress or two. I do have old fashioned feelings about dressing appropriately for the occasion

Old 05-15-2012, 04:03 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,405,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
God is the only one who should judge... not us.

And who knows, maybe that's the only kind of shoes they own. At least they are wearing shoes....

You're right...but then again, the girls should know better to not stumble their brothers. I do believe that guys are held accountable for their eyes, but it is already hard for the guys to not walk in that direction already.

Last edited by ho hey!; 05-15-2012 at 04:13 PM..

Old 05-15-2012, 04:24 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,789,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
Yeah there is quite a difference between these:

and these, lol.
Yes, but it's not the height that makes that heel inappropriate for church. It's the style. This is higher but more appropriate than this.

Old 05-15-2012, 05:20 PM

50,407 posts, read 64,151,599 times
I don't think there are any inappropriate shoes for church. It's the rest of the outfit I'm worried about.

Old 05-15-2012, 05:43 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,496,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I don't think there are any inappropriate shoes for church. It's the rest of the outfit I'm worried about.
Why is anyone worried about what someone else wears to church? At least they're going. Seems to me if people are spending time critiquing fashion while they're at church they perhaps need to rethink why exactly they're at church to begin with.

Old 05-15-2012, 06:21 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,709,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
It's about respect.

So glad I'm no longer Christian and I don't need to worry about such trivial matters. I worry more about treating people well than looking down on people for how they dress.... I work in fashion as well and I still don't care.

Old 05-15-2012, 06:40 PM

5,251 posts, read 14,274,545 times
Jesus wore robes and sandals, who are you to judge what people wear? All that matters is that they are there.

Old 05-15-2012, 07:28 PM

943 posts, read 1,847,753 times
one thing i always noticed =black people ALWAYS dress so nice when they go to church. Beautiful hats, gorgeous outifts and accessories......... and the men all have nice suits ......... and I'm not black but I must say they are ROLE models of how people should dress when they go to a house of worship.

Some of you say its not what you wear to worship...I know where the orig poster is coming from.... Back in the day there was a term wear your Sunday best meaning your church clothes. People use to wear nice outfits from hats to gloves and had specail outfits just for worship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty