Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 08:36 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomdude View Post
I have to agree with Deeval. Outside of "rememberance tattoos", people with piercings and tattoos, especially things such as neck tattoos or face jewelry are absolutely doing it to direct attention to themselves.

I want to set up a shop where I will offer to rip the face jewelry and guage earings out of kids for a fee. If I rip enough of them out, maybe it will stop more kids from doing it because their friends and their friends did it.
I disagree completely. There are always going to be people who try and attract attention to themselves, be it with tattoos, piercings, clothing, hairstyle etc. but not everyone is like that. I LOVE my tattoos and I got them because I wanted them, not to attract attention. I'm already a woman who is 6'1 with bright red hair, I don't NEED anything else to draw attention to myself.

Most of the people I know who have received tattoos got them simply because they like the art form. As for piercings, yes I've had a few. I also had my ears stretched to 1/2". Why did I do it? I wanted to, and I liked the way it looked. NONE of my friends had it done, in fact, I was the first of my friends to have anything pierced besides my earlobes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomdude View Post
Yes, the ones that stretch your ears out. Every body and their brother has them. The hilarious thing is they are all doing it to "rebel" and "be unique".

Its kind of like having long hair in the seventies.....you arent really "unique" or "rebelling" if you can look left and right and they both look exactly like you.......

I couldn't give two craps about being a 'rebel' or being 'unique'. That's not why many people get body modifications.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2012, 09:15 PM

1,031 posts, read 2,709,857 times
I looooove piercings. I think what matters is the person who wears it right, not the actual piercing itself.

Old 05-14-2012, 02:19 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,143,624 times
OMG...just bought the cutest belly ring...Texas pride!

Pink State of Texas Belly Ring | Body Candy Body Jewelry

Old 09-19-2012, 11:53 AM

5 posts, read 8,795 times
I saw an article in a magazine about body piercings and the idea really grabbed me.
I'd never given a thought to ladies piercing anything more than the ears, so the whole thing ( nipples, clit, etc. ) came as quite a shock.
Worse still, I'd never heard of piercings for men, so I did some research.
I couldn't find a piercer near my home, so I ordered the necessary equipment and did it myself.
That was over 20 years ago and I've proudly worn my Prince Albert ring ever since.
My wife's initial reaction was hostile, but she eventually succumbed to curiosity and now sports several piercings of her own.
I can't see what's wrong with it, so why not enjoy it?

Old 09-19-2012, 12:09 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,846,198 times
I have a nose piercing. What motivated me? I wanted to...

Old 09-24-2012, 01:55 AM

16,488 posts, read 24,483,331 times
I have a nose piercing, eyebrow, and 9 in my ears. My first piercings of the ears was when I was 16. I wanted to get my ears pierced since I was a child, but my dad said I had to be at least 16, so I had it done then. I got my other ones because I like piercings and wanted them. I am not the type of person that wants attention, so that had nothing at all to do with it. It had nothing to do with anything or anyone besides myself. The thing with piercings is if you ever decide you don't want them you can take the earrings etc. out and they will close up or even if they don't it will be far less obvious that you have any piercings.

Old 09-24-2012, 10:21 AM

472 posts, read 1,098,028 times
I have the smallest of small stud in my nose, cartilidge in my ear, and belly button. Thats all. No motivation really. I dont even know why I have a belly button ring I never wear belly exposing clothing.

Speaking of, I was flipping through the tv last night and stopped on Taboo, on NatGeo I believe. This episode happened to be about body modification, piercings, and such. Theres a woman in England who has over 8000 holes in her body and it is the Guiness Book of World Records for the most piercings. You cant even see her facial features. Then there's the "Vampire Woman" in Guadalajara, MX. Creepy stuff.

Old 09-24-2012, 12:06 PM

22,331 posts, read 29,439,446 times
I have my ears pierced and am considering getting my belly button and nips pierced. It's something I've been wanting to do and I'm like F it, why not??? You only live once...

Old 09-24-2012, 02:48 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoneWithDallas View Post
I have the smallest of small stud in my nose, cartilidge in my ear, and belly button. Thats all. No motivation really. I dont even know why I have a belly button ring I never wear belly exposing clothing.

Speaking of, I was flipping through the tv last night and stopped on Taboo, on NatGeo I believe. This episode happened to be about body modification, piercings, and such. Theres a woman in England who has over 8000 holes in her body and it is the Guiness Book of World Records for the most piercings. You cant even see her facial features. Then there's the "Vampire Woman" in Guadalajara, MX. Creepy stuff.
I saw that last night as well, and absolutely fell in love with the vampire woman! She was so at ease and comfortable with what she had done to her body that it made me a bit jealous. How many women (modified or not) are ever that happy and content? Most women are always tanning, always working out, always trying to lose weight etc. to look attractive to others and the Vampire Woman couldn't give two snots what you think.

Old 09-24-2012, 02:56 PM

472 posts, read 1,098,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I saw that last night as well, and absolutely fell in love with the vampire woman! She was so at ease and comfortable with what she had done to her body that it made me a bit jealous. How many women (modified or not) are ever that happy and content? Most women are always tanning, always working out, always trying to lose weight etc. to look attractive to others and the Vampire Woman couldn't give two snots what you think.
There was something about the vampire woman that was endearing and genuine. You could tell she was extremely smart and at such ease with herself. I'd be friends with her!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty