Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 09:33 AM

5,258 posts, read 9,144,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexpectedError View Post
Has anyone ever had a septum piercing? It's one that I've never understood the appeal of. They look so terribly unattractive and make people look like some kind of farm animal.
I saw one yesterday. I don't think they look good on anyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2012, 11:45 AM

5,522 posts, read 10,201,463 times
I have to agree with Deeval. Outside of "rememberance tattoos", people with piercings and tattoos, especially things such as neck tattoos or face jewelry are absolutely doing it to direct attention to themselves.

I want to set up a shop where I will offer to rip the face jewelry and guage earings out of kids for a fee. If I rip enough of them out, maybe it will stop more kids from doing it because their friends and their friends did it.

Old 05-07-2012, 12:41 PM

2,727 posts, read 6,155,272 times
Ugh, one thing I admit to disliking about piercings is those gauge ones. I mean, to each their own and I don't care what you do with your body, but those gross me out.

I hope I'm talking about the right thing - gauge earring stretch your ears right? Those ones gross me out.

Old 05-07-2012, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTGirlNoMore View Post
Ugh, one thing I admit to disliking about piercings is those gauge ones. I mean, to each their own and I don't care what you do with your body, but those gross me out.

I hope I'm talking about the right thing - gauge earring stretch your ears right? Those ones gross me out.

Yes, the ones that stretch your ears out. Every body and their brother has them. The hilarious thing is they are all doing it to "rebel" and "be unique".

Its kind of like having long hair in the seventies.....you arent really "unique" or "rebelling" if you can look left and right and they both look exactly like you.......

Old 05-07-2012, 01:10 PM

5,139 posts, read 12,715,382 times
Quote:
Has anyone ever had a septum piercing? It's one that I've never understood the appeal of. They look so terribly unattractive and make people look like some kind of farm animal.

I think it only looks right on certain people at certain sizes. Other people..ehhh.

Cute one:

Source:
JayJay new blonde hair and septum piercing photo Jayjayjana's Profile Photos - Buzznet

Not so cute:
Moderator cut: image removed

source:My Hair is Emo: November 2009

Last edited by picmod; 01-10-2014 at 02:59 PM..

Old 05-07-2012, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
I think it only looks right on certain people at certain sizes. Other people..ehhh.

Cute one:

Source:
JayJay new blonde hair and septum piercing photo Jayjayjana's Profile Photos - Buzznet

Not so cute:

These are both disgusting, and Ill be happy to rip it out when I open my shop.

(Notice they both have a piercing near their lip as well, which is insanely common, I will rip that out too. Two for the price of one.)

Old 05-07-2012, 01:47 PM

19,723 posts, read 20,255,257 times
Piercing was big back in the 90's for me and alot of my friends, so I guess I'm more accustomed to it, and it doesn't bother me.

The only "weird" piercing I got was my eyebrow. But I took that out in '99.

I still have 4 in each ear.

The only really weird-looking piercing (imo) is the one right between the eyebrows, and the top of the nose. I don't remember what it's called, but one of my guy friends had it done like 15yrs ago and it made him look like he had Down's. ...lol

Old 05-07-2012, 01:49 PM

3,516 posts, read 6,784,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post

Cute one:

Source:

Not so cute:

Eh, I don't think that's so much a cute piercing as it is a cute girl who has a piercing. She'd look better without it.

Old 05-07-2012, 02:02 PM

5,139 posts, read 12,715,382 times
Quote:
Eh, I don't think that's so much a cute piercing as it is a cute girl who has a piercing. She'd look better without it.

Well if you hate piercings you are not gonna like it. LOL

I just think people look best when they keep any jewelry in scale with their features. Pierced stuff or not. That second girl's face is way to tiny for such a huge loop. I know its part of the candy look to go chunky..but ehh. I dont like it all.

Old 05-07-2012, 02:30 PM

6,727 posts, read 9,956,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb at sea View Post
I don't have any, either! I wouldn't mind having my ears pierced, but I know I'd never change the damn earrings.....I put rings on , and they stay until they fall apart! Same with necklaces....I'm not much on changing jewelry!

Now, I do like belly rings....if I was younger, I'd get one in a minute!
I had my ears pierced when I was in my 30's. Only because I like to wear earrings but the clip-ons end up hurting after all day and I was always losing one. I wear the same pair of earrings all the time except if I'm dressed to go somewhere special and then I change. I wear a neck chain with a Celtic cross and a St. Genesius medal. All the time. When my hands aren't sore from arthritis, I wear the same seven rings all the time. I do admire people who get up and change their jewelry every day but I never got in the habit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty