Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 07:35 PM

7,956 posts, read 11,849,637 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singlelady10 View Post
Neither.
Could you elaborate on why? Is it the size, the colors?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2012, 07:50 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,582,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
Okdoke, good day to you sir!

That's what I am wanting lucknow (that's in India btw is it?), something beautiful, Scottish and something I won't regret at a later stage! I am wanting something different though that's how I came up with the map of Scotland.
Well, there is a Lucknow in India but my Lucknow is a small town here in Southwest Ontario where all of my people settled after being cleared from their homes in the Highlands. They are still there after 160 years, still Scottish and proud of it. It was the Highlanders that saved Lucknow during the munity and so therefore the name of the town as a memorial to that.

I've noticed some pretty amazing artwork on the covers of many novels set in Scotland. Maybe a look through a used book store could give you some ideas. My sister has a big thistle on her back and it's really nice. I'm thinking about a Scottish tat also. I might just go with the coat of arms. I really like it. My own clan coat of arms is really lame and I don't like it.
{Johnston}

Old 02-27-2012, 07:54 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,259,761 times
Personally I think all 3 are basically disgusting however, what I think doesn't matter. It is your body, your choice so do what you want and keep this stuff off of a public forum if you don't REALLY want OPINIONS from others.

Old 02-27-2012, 08:18 PM

1,866 posts, read 2,851,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Personally I think all 3 are basically disgusting however, what I think doesn't matter. It is your body, your choice so do what you want and keep this stuff off of a public forum if you don't REALLY want OPINIONS from others.
I agree with the above but what do I know, maybe just draw straws.

Old 02-27-2012, 08:28 PM

511 posts, read 491,697 times
Go with the first one
And put the flag on your chest
THAT will look pretty cool

Old 02-27-2012, 08:45 PM

2,382 posts, read 5,396,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
I really think there is a much cooler Scottish tat that could be had than those three. How about something with Lions, unicorns and thistles, maybe on a plaid background or surrounded by Celtic runes and symbols. a couple of claymores and a set of pipes. You are talking a lot of skin there. Why not make it into a real work of art?
I don't care for any of the three you posted...I like some of Lucknow's suggestions - esp the unicorns, or thistles.

I would never get one of a professional sports team - unless I actually played on the team!

Old 02-27-2012, 08:50 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,673,787 times
two is too cool, even for school.

Old 02-27-2012, 10:08 PM

7,956 posts, read 11,849,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakeneko View Post
I don't care for any of the three you posted...I like some of Lucknow's suggestions - esp the unicorns, or thistles.

I would never get one of a professional sports team - unless I actually played on the team!
Not even the team you follow religiously!?

Maybe 1 good thing has came out this thread, most people don't like them, so I should get back to the drawing board me thinks!

Old 02-28-2012, 07:18 AM

19,723 posts, read 20,255,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
As a moderately tattooed person, I wouldn't recommend anything that large for your first tattoo. Maybe scale the images down, and go talk to an artist to add some personal flair and pick a spot on your body that would compliment he tattoo you choose.

^This is good advice here.

I like the 2nd one, but as already mentioned, for a first tattoo you don't want anything that is going to take a long time- simply because the longer you're under the needle, the more it will hurt.

I do like the map idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805
Maybe 1 good thing has came out this thread, most people don't like them
None of these people in here (aside from JetJockey) even like tattoos anyway, you can't trust their opinions on that matter...

That's like expecting your grandmother to weigh in on the subject without bias.

Old 02-28-2012, 07:22 AM

19,723 posts, read 20,255,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakeneko View Post
I like some of Lucknow's suggestions - esp the unicorns

omg...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty