Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 08:55 AM

467 posts, read 666,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
That's what I want to know. I have a feeling that the answer is not in a jar.
It's mostly diet- eating a lot of vegetable oils and PUFAs is pro inflammatory and ages you due to how PUFA damages the whole endocrine system & speeds up aging. It's in everything- grains, vegetables & vegetable oils, cold water fish, etc things we have been told are "good" for us.

Eat a healthy diet that is anti inflammatory and use retinoids, peptides, sunscreen etc to reverse the damage. If you don't eat right though your skin will look like crap & no cream will be able to fix it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2012, 01:08 PM

4,721 posts, read 15,644,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deliz View Post
I would much rather use potions and lotions than inject something generated from botulism. Yikes. Drink lots of fluids and eat fruits and veggies.
Yes, I agree but some get to a certain age and its time for the big guns.
No botox ( I got bangs, its cheaper and less painful) but I did have fillers (juevederm/restalin) on those eye hollow creases, frown lines and a slight lift near the brows. It was like a mini face lift and worked wonders for me. I got it as a Xmas gift from DH,( I asked for it- a slight bit of remodeling, updating.)
Bottom line- if it makes YOU feel better about yourself, do it.

Def eat right, sleep well,good moisturizer (what works for YOU,its often a trial and error) sunscreen, lots of water = improved skin

Old 06-08-2012, 05:11 PM

26,848 posts, read 22,692,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamom1 View Post
I've seen all these commercials that promise to reduce wrinkles. Which ones actually work?

And does that eye roller really work to reduce under eye bags?
I dunno whether anyone here tried Vichy yet.
It's a well-known ( old and proven) brand in Europe, but recently it made it to the US market.

Old 06-09-2012, 10:48 AM

777 posts, read 1,340,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
If any of them worked, nobody would go under the scalpel.
I disagree. Using cremes requires patience and a strict regime. Surgery is an instant fix for the lazy people with money to waste. Plus, the cremes have only emerged in the past decade, all the people over the age 50 were too late in age to have used them for any benefits, most likely.

Old 06-14-2012, 09:37 PM

336 posts, read 539,716 times
I like Lifecell and Dr Perricone anti aging products.

Old 06-17-2012, 11:13 PM

9,022 posts, read 13,885,378 times
Good old vaseline I hear works wonders.

Old 01-24-2013, 01:49 PM

1 posts, read 1,367 times
I have used all types of anti aging creams. I can honestly swear by the one I have been using for the past 8-9 months with amazing results. It is called Rejuven-A by Swedish Skin Care. I have my 69 year old mother using it also!! LOVE IT!!!

Old 04-16-2013, 04:30 AM

5,284 posts, read 20,086,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachflamingo View Post
@allforlife.....the best anti aging forum I've seen is Paula's Choice, Inc, on Facebook. She reviews every product on the market-from expensive to inexpensive. She has a radio show on Tuesday nights, an 800 number to call with any question, you can post questions on Facebook and get responses from her staff and others, and she has web sites with current information about everything related to skin. Her information is research based, current, and up to date. She has an ingredient list at beautypedia.com as well. Paula Begoun calls herself the cosmetics cop because she searches for the most up to date, accurate information about aging, skin care, and cosmetics. She is in her fifties so she is interested in the topic herself. Go to paulaschoice.com, beautypedia.com, or cosmeticscop.com and you'll see.
Thanks for this great info!

Old 04-16-2013, 06:43 AM

9,022 posts, read 13,885,378 times
I don't get what's wrong with fillers.

They last up to. A year,and cost about $700.

That's $58.00 a month,vs creams and makeup that can run over 100 a month.

Plus,hasn't Botox been proven to actually stop wrinlkes over time? Its only 120 over 3 months.

I'm only sticking with things that do work,and are proven:

Retin A(Retinol hasn't been proven to work)
Botox
Sunblock

Old 04-17-2013, 08:42 PM

98 posts, read 166,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowen View Post
This. Retin-A is great for building collagen, fading dark spots and preventing and reducing wrinkling. It is by prescription but can be drying. Renova is an emmolient form of Retin-A recommended for dry or older skin types. It is pricey because the insurance companies won't cover it if you are over 30 but this is one cream that will work and a tube for the eye area should last a year. It's the only cream approved by the FDA for aging and wrinkling!

Retin-A has been discontinued. I agree that it is an excellent product, but cannot find it in the strenght I use which is 0.1%, the highest form.

Which is the highest form of Renova, and where do you find it? Thanks,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty